Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

St Joseph Island Museum.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
St Joseph Island Museum.
on: August 16, 2014, 12:57:37 AM
I have taken quite a few motorcycle trips on the island of late. Today, I decided to visit a few places for the first time. unfortunately, my Ricoh camera battery was DOA. I am still bitter over that. I guess leaving the camera in my saddle bag on our few cold nights drained the battery to deadsville. Ok, I have my cell phone. Well wouldn't you know it, it died on me also.  :facepalm:

At least I did manage to get a few shots in before the cell phone gave up the ghost. I wasn't at all happy, as I wanted photos of the few other places I visited today, such as the Richard's Landing old jail, and the Adcock Gardens. So you will only get to see the Museum...and only partially so.

http://www.stjoemuseum.com/

There are 6 buildings to see here, most of which were moved here from various parts of the island. The building at the far end is where I had to pay my admission fee of 6 dollars. On the immediate right is the General Store, and a log cabin. What you can't see on the left, is a barn, a single room school, and behind me across the street, a Church. All were full of items donated by it seems everyone on the island.

In the first building, there were many items...

Next is the log cabin.

Followed by the General Store.

The pattern on the till.

On the right of the store, was this big piece of pudding stone, which St Joseph Island is rather famous for.

Across the field, the barn.

Then my cell phone died. There were many treasures in that barn...even a second story full of artifacts. Then of course, no photos of the old single room school, or the church across the road full of donated items. Overall not a bad museum. Plenty of items to look at, and it does give one a sense of the history of the inhabitants of the island.

I was crying when I arrived at The Adcocks' Woodland Gardens. I need to get back there someday with a macro lens.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: St Joseph Island Museum.
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 05:58:35 AM
You sure get around on that bike!  :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:14:37 PM
Yes he does! Before we know it, he will be leading a big biker gang.
Nice pics! A lot of cool stuff there. Keep it up. I love looking and reading your post.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 03:12:28 PM
I bet the last thing a biker gang would do is go visit the local museums.  :rofl:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 06:40:01 PM
I bet the last thing a biker gang would do is go visit the local museums.  :rofl:
I don't know. I would ride with you and check out cool stuff. Couple more riders and you got yourself a gang.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24