Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Supertool 300 and Rebar tool comparison

Offline jeremy1517

Supertool 300 and Rebar tool comparison
on: August 16, 2014, 05:57:04 PM
I'm either getting a Supertool 300 or a Rebar. I know the Rebar is a smaller version of the Supertool with basically the same tools. How much shorter are the Rebar tools than the Super? Especially the blade and saw?

us Offline Rux

Re: Supertool 300 and Rebar tool comparison
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:50 PM
This is a photo by powernoodle. I don't have a Super Tool 300 but I have a Rebar.

The Rebar is 4 inches long, the knife blade being 2.5 inches for the edged portion. Just a hair over 2 and 3/4's from the start of the blade at the tool.

I'm unsure of the overall measurements of the Super Tool 300 (haven't handled one in person) but the base tool is 4.5 inches when closed.

Knowing the measurements of the Rebar and seeing this Super Tool 300 should give you some idea to the size differences.

Pretty sure the tool difference is 1 extra flat driver on the ST300.

Again, credit to @powernoodle for such a great side by side photo.  :)
IMG_2523.jpg
* IMG_2523.jpg (Filesize: 50.8 KB)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:22:03 PM by WildJ3 »

us Offline Rux

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:30:23 PM
Also, see this thread:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,49288.0.html

It's a long term review of the ST300 and Rebar done by JAfromMn. Lots of side by side comparison photos of the two tools. Long thread (again, long term review) but worth the read and very pic heavy. :tu:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:18:04 PM by WildJ3 »

Offline jeremy1517

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Thank you! Just purchased a Supertool

au Offline mr626

• We sell products and get in fights
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:16:28 AM

Good choice. Personally, if I had to choose between the two the ST300 is what I would choose also. It is certainly bigger/heavier than the Rebar, but not to  the point that I've ever felt it uncomfortable to belt-carry.

Then again, I didn't have to choose- I own both  ;)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:59:51 PM

Good choice. Personally, if I had to choose between the two the ST300 is what I would choose also. It is certainly bigger/heavier than the Rebar, but not to  the point that I've ever felt it uncomfortable to belt-carry.

He bought both.   :tu:

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 03:07:14 PM
If I would have to choose between the Supertool 300 and the Rebar ..... i probably would buy a Surge and a Wave.  :facepalm:
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 03:51:25 PM
If I would have to choose between the Supertool 300 and the Rebar ..... i probably would buy a Surge and a Wave.  :facepalm:

That's what I did too  :rofl:

However like a true MTo member I eventually got the others.  I have been using my ST300 and very much enjoy this tool.  I thought I'd really miss OHO blades but in all honesty I don't.   
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline mr626

• We sell products and get in fights
Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 12:29:34 AM

He bought both.   :tu:

Well there you go, a man after my own heart  :D

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 05:53:26 AM
 :tu:

There both great tools.

There also not as similar as they look. After using them both I know they are two totally different tools.

Defend the Hive!!!

Offline MrVic

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 04:57:48 AM
That's what I did too  :rofl:

However like a true MTo member I eventually got the others.  I have been using my ST300 and very much enjoy this tool.  I thought I'd really miss OHO blades but in all honesty I don't.

Hey Aloha,

I know this is a very old post, but I was just wondering about your ST300. Given than you also have a Surge, Wave and Rebar - do you find any benefit that the ST300 offers over the others, particularly the Rebar and the Surge?

Thanks  :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 06:51:58 AM
Each tool offers the user a personal experience.  What I find very interesting is how each of us bonds with certain tools and their layout.  The ST300 really is a heavy duty tool and it feels that way in hand.  Its got the right amount of implements for a days work.  The Surge is for those who might want a bit more versatility.  The Blade Exchanger for one is such a great tool.  If you need to cut metal, wood, or plastics you can carry the appropriate blade instead of "getting by".  The Bit Holder is another great tool.  Adding in the bit cards and extender opens up this tools versatility to tackle most fasteners you might come up against.  Exterior scissors and scissors in general seems to be a huge thing for some users.  The Surge has a great pair and being OHO just adds to its.  The OHO blade for many is a great thing.  If you are using your MTs blade like I do as a main work blade then OHO is just a convenience thats super nice to have.  Like to ST300 its a heavy duty tool that inspires confidence when using. 

The Rebar is no slouch.  Its got a nice compliment of tools and best of all its in a small package.  This is something many Rebar fans love.  Its a capable tool and it pocketable.  I am more of a Charge TTi user these days.  Like the Wave it offers much of the convenience of OHO the Surge offers in a much smaller package.  The pocket clip add on is great for those who really like to pocket carry their tools.  It doesn't have the Blade Exchanger ( well my modded Wave does ) but its not lacking because it doesn't. 

In terms of the ST300 having benefits over the Surge or Rebar?  My ST300 is now living on my coffee table.  That is a place of honor for my MTs.  If you make it there its because you've earned your spot,  Its where we look for a tool in our home first.  I placed it there because its a awesome tool in that the implements are stand alone.  We appreciate the awl for more than drilling wood.  We really like the straightforwardness of the tool. The phillips is great.  The ST300 has got a great compliment of tools that I as well as my family are familiar with.  Flat drivers, phillips, saw, file, blade, and awl.  It just doesnt get any easier than that.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
As an ST300 owner and a soon to be Rebar owner; what do you plan to do with the tool? As a farmhand, and pretty much industrial user by what I do, the ST300 does the job well, but is a brick. You cannot carry it in a pocket; either on your belt, or in a bag. The Rebar is better for EDC type stuff; weighing in at 8 ounces, but still packing the same tools. It will fit in a pocket and not be very bulky. In fact, it's the same weight as a SwissChamp, but longer.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 03:03:00 PM
A minor point for the record: The Rebar is 6.7oz and ST300 is 9.6oz. Right at a 3oz difference. :)

And lets not forget the Rebar file. It is among the most(likely is the most) aggressive files ever put into a big-brand MT.  I prefer the 300 file, but many users like highly aggressive files.

Buy both tools.  :D
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 03:11:21 PM
 :iagree:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:40:53 PM
The Rebar file is the best I've ever used.  It's unbeatable in my opinion!
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD