Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Well, what, no LM Core?

Splat · 15 · 3080

us Offline Splat

Well, what, no LM Core?
on: December 31, 2006, 03:34:44 AM
I'm surprised at how little the LM Core gets mentioned here or in reviews. It seems to have the best selection of tools out of most, if not all, of LM's multis; each individual tool is of a good size (especially the screwdrivers), and it's solidly built. I don't know if it's just because _I_ own one that I've noticed this or if it's really that unpopular. I think it's gotta be a top contender, even if among only LM own multis. I wish the tools opened from the outside, but that's the only complaint I now have after owning mine for weeks now. I already disassembled mine so if need be in the future I can (maybe) do it easier/quicker then. Alright, I'm off the box. Sorry. :)
Splat

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Well, what, no LM Core?
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:42:19 AM
Gosh, if only we knew somebody who OWNED a Core, and had strong feelings about it, maybe we could get that person to write a review about it....... ::)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:03:06 AM
Too bad there's no one around here like that huh?

It's kind of funny- the Core was one of the most talked about tools here for a while.  Tony, you must have just come late to the party! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 04:26:59 AM
The Core is on my list of tools to get.  Mainly because of the posts a while back that were about it.

Lets see a review!
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:29:04 AM
It's on my list too- in fact, it's pretty close to the top of the list.  I had to take a little break going into Christmas, although since I got the Universal Tool Adaptor and the Hybrid, plus I have the black SuperTool 200 on the way, I didn't do a very good job of it!

Now my wife is watching kinda closely so I have to pretend to behave for a little while!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:32:49 AM
I like the Core. I don't think you can go wrong by it. It has a good selection of tools, all the drivers have good reach. both blades are long and the plier handles are comfortable when using them for long periods of time. It doesn't have anything fancy about, like bit and blade adapters like the Surge but it's a good tool and gets the job done. What more could you ask.
"

us Offline specgrade

Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 07:44:43 PM
 I've had my Core for about a year and I really like it. I've owned two Gerbers. One was a gift and the other I bought to replace it because the jaws on the pliers broke.

I've used the Core saw for small tree limbs and it works well. The philips head has a longer reach than my Gerber. The pliers seem much stronger. All tools lock solidly.

As a maintenance guy, I use my Core a lot on the job. The small flat head screw driver did chip at the tip when I used it to pry with, but prying isn't what it was made for, right?

I didn't need a lot of fluff in a multi-tool and the Core was perfect.

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 09:37:09 PM
I have been watching them at Target and they finally put them on clearance for $28.xx.  I'll be picking one up probably tonight :)  As a matter of fact, they have most of their Gerbers on clearance also...but only one style LM.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 01:02:34 AM
$28?  Damn.  I don't really need one that big, but...... $28?  DAMN!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 02:19:47 AM
That IS a great price!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 03:47:13 AM
Well, I would have liked the Surge better but now the Core is another crossed off my list  >:D  The date stamp is 0906 so it is pretty new, I wonder why Target had them on clearance???? Maybe just overstocked.  I really like the tool, but it is a tad to large for EDC, so I will stick to my Charge or my Swisstool for now.  This one will find a home in my camping gear.

* Core 01.jpg (Filesize: 101.94 KB)

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 03:47:35 AM
Another...

* Core 02.jpg (Filesize: 112.33 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:55:49 AM
Target probably got a bunch of them for stocking stuffers before Christmas and has a bunch left.  Now they are discounting them to get folks into the store.  Once the Christmas rush is over they have to do anything they can to try and keep people shopping.

If anyone is interested in snagging a spare one for me, let me know.

Def

us Offline Splat

Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 03:19:54 PM
Damn, $28! I thought $40 I paid was great but that beats that. Now I gotta head over to Target. Last time I was there I don't recall seeing any multis but I mighta missed them.  I agree that the Core can be a little big to EDC for some people but I don't mind feeling the heft on my belt. It kinda makes me feel ready for anything. Well, maybe not -everything-. :D
Splat

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:20:09 AM
Target probably got a bunch of them for stocking stuffers before Christmas and has a bunch left.  Now they are discounting them to get folks into the store.  Once the Christmas rush is over they have to do anything they can to try and keep people shopping.

If anyone is interested in snagging a spare one for me, let me know.

Def
I just got back from Target...again...and they are sold out of the Core.  Sorry, none left by me.

Jim

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD