Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tinker Love

us Offline asmitty

Re: Tinker Love
Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 10:23:22 PM
Almost all Officer's SAKs have an openers layer, that mens they can easily handle the phillish screws, and there is no need for corkscrew to do the screwdrivers job. Instead of having "two" phillips screwdrivers, one with the corkscrew has an other useful tool and, at last but not least, the small screwdriver holder/carrier :D

Yeah, but try getting that opener in to unscrew a recessed phillips screw.
Yes that's true, but I've been out to sea a long time.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 10:25:40 PM
Almost all Officer's SAKs have an openers layer, that mens they can easily handle the phillish screws, and there is no need for corkscrew to do the screwdrivers job. Instead of having "two" phillips screwdrivers, one with the corkscrew has an other useful tool and, at last but not least, the small screwdriver holder/carrier :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline deputy tom

Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 10:31:34 PM
I like the Tinkers. I've used a beat up one that I refer to as Stinker the rock salt bag knife. It's only purpose is opening salt bags. I've been wanting a new Tinker and about four months ago I bought one. Nice SAK and it gets lots of pocket time, however I still feel the Spartan is the SAK that I relate to. YMMV. tom.  :tool:
Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 11:19:19 PM

:o ??? :D :D
And how will you get the T-shaped phillips in such a recessed place :think:
 :facepalm:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:21 PM

More easily than with a can opener :pok:

This is the job I use Phillips drivers more than any other at work. You'd be amazed how many high end Diecast cars have deep recessed screws keeping them in their boxes. Only time the Tinker fails is if the screw heads are too small....which is why I've a Rambler for back up >:D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 11:44:52 PM

More easily than with a can opener :pok:

This is the job I use Phillips drivers more than any other at work. You'd be amazed how many high end Diecast cars have deep recessed screws keeping them in their boxes. Only time the Tinker fails is if the screw heads are too small....which is why I've a Rambler for back up >:D
I'm aware of that ... :D ... I was just joking around "recessed" place :D
But, if you put it in that way, why is there inline-Phillips on SAK  >:D

Corkscrew rules ...
 :gimme:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 12:24:42 AM
If only they'd do a Syph arrangement...inline Phillips and openers on one layer...kind of a pudgy Spartan...or better still,no CS for a Podgy Cadet :tu:

Offline collim1

Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 04:55:38 AM
The Tinker is by far my favorite model.  IMO its the perfect combination of size and tools.  I personally find the philips driver significantly more useful than the corkscrew. 

I have been carrying the same Tinker for many years now.  The one I had previously I stupidly damaged twice trying to break loose stuck screws.  One time with the philips driver and again with the flat driver.  When I damaged the flat driver the knife was useless and I had to buy another one.  I literally twisted the thing apart.  Should have known better, but I was in a bind and it was the only tool available. 

gb Offline pingu

Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 11:37:35 AM
Scissors, Phillips and no corkscrew :rant: are my minimum requirements in a SAK so Super Tinker became my first 91mm SAK purchase in decades when I chose to dump corkscrew carry.  An almost perfect EDC tool selection but I don't love it as much as my Evo 14.

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
Hmm. The Tinker seems perfect for this size and level of functions. But why the small blade? I think it could be more functional with a different tool in that place... perhaps the Victorinox EvoGrip 11 with a nailfile instead? Wouldn't mind a lockblade in there, either. It would be great if Victorinox offered a lockblade option on it's smaller knives! :)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 03:26:26 PM
I would love a locking blade on the 91mm. As far as the small blade, I like it. But it would be cool if the option was there to have a nailfile or something

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

jp Offline dork

Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 12:12:56 AM
I like the small blade as well. It's my discrete go-to knife in public.

Sent from my mind to your mind through the sorcery of language.
If you're not always prepared, you're sometimes prepared.

hr Offline Subterranean

Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 03:32:40 PM
Another Tinker fan here. Great model, it's my first and still my most frequently carried and used SAK.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%