Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fallout 4?

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Fallout 4?
on: September 26, 2014, 03:45:12 PM
Am I the only one here who is absolutely dying for them to announce anything at all about the game, or at least toss us some information on it? I'm not a huge gamer, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas really pulled me in. Skyrim can only numb the pain as I wait.

Any other Fallout fans out there?
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Fallout 4?
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50:43 PM
Hell yeah! Although I've only managed to finish the 1st game. Haven't played much but love all the ambiance and story and the free plot evolution.

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:57:47 PM
I love Fallout!!!

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:18:22 PM
The thought, effort, and level of detail they put into the games is just unbelievable. Contrary to the popular opinion, I actually liked New Vegas more than Fallout 3. Apocalypse and the wild west was a good mix for me, plus the soundtracks are just killer 8)

The rumor is that the next installation is the big project in the works at the moment since they've pretty much done all they're going to do for Skyrim

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:37 PM
I've somehow managed to avoid Fallout.

Still casually playing Neverwinter...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:43:38 PM

I didn't know of Fallout, looks like I am missing out seriously.  But I love Neverwinter Night, and I remembered that was when LOTR just came out, and bunch of my friends downloaded a map for Mount Doom, and endless nights went venturing into that.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 06:45:17 PM
I was referring to the MMORPG: http://nw.perfectworld.com/

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
Let's see... Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 and I believe there was one between Tactics and FO3 called something like Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel?
I'm almost embarrased to say I've only finished Fallout 3, even though I problably spent more hours playing the 1st and 2nd game.
Haven't heard anything official about a #4 though... Does it take place after FO3 or is it a seperate story? Or is all that still unknown?

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

I didn't know of Fallout, looks like I am missing out seriously.  But I love Neverwinter Night, and I remembered that was when LOTR just came out, and bunch of my friends downloaded a map for Mount Doom, and endless nights went venturing into that.

I would say it is definitely worth a try if it seems like something you'd be interested in. They are my favorite games hands down, and they're also pretty cheap now as well. Though they are definitely games that can end up consuming quiteeee a bit of your time.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 06:50:37 PM
I was referring to the MMORPG: http://nw.perfectworld.com/

There I thought I found a partner in crime... :-[

But looks like I have been living in Stoneage, never participated in a MMORPG, was it fun?  :D

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

I would say it is definitely worth a try if it seems like something you'd be interested in. They are my favorite games hands down, and they're also pretty cheap now as well. Though they are definitely games that can end up consuming quiteeee a bit of your time.

Yes, that could be a problem.  MT.O somehow has taken a personality in my house, and Mrs. sometimes wonder I am talking to a pretty girl on the other end...

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 06:53:17 PM
Let's see... Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 and I believe there was one between Tactics and FO3 called something like Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel?
I'm almost embarrased to say I've only finished Fallout 3, even though I problably spent more hours playing the 1st and 2nd game.
Haven't heard anything official about a #4 though... Does it take place after FO3 or is it a seperate story? Or is all that still unknown?

Fallout four is the expected sequel in the pipeline at the moment. Not much is known, but the common thought is that it is to be set in the Boston area as sites were being scoped out around MIT.

I guess New Vegas could technically be called fallout four, but it was contracted to another studio which is probably why they didn't want it to be called a direct sequel.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 06:56:27 PM
I've pretty much been treating it like a single player game. I have no interest in the PVP stuff (which is pretty much a major chunk of one of the last additions) The latest addon has dragons, and seems to be open to Free for all rather than requiring a group or PVP (hurray!) even though it suggests at least 6 players for the boss... luckily you can usually just show up and a bunch of others have the quest as well.

I have 5 lvl 60 characters, which is the max

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 06:58:25 PM
I never really did get into Fallout, but they do look like good games!  I really need to get back into Skyrim though, haven't played it in awhile. 

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
Heck yes!

Ive played every fallout game since the first.  In fact I still have Fallout 1 on my laptop right now and started a new game recently.  The good old games version of fallout 1 runs on modern windows just fine.  In fact it was given away free for a time and I grabbed the file when it was free.  Its not on GoG any longer.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

dk Offline Freaver

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

Fallout four is the expected sequel in the pipeline at the moment. Not much is known, but the common thought is that it is to be set in the Boston area as sites were being scoped out around MIT.

I guess New Vegas could technically be called fallout four, but it was contracted to another studio which is probably why they didn't want it to be called a direct sequel.

Thanks for that added info. :D
Now I feel like looking up the soundtrack from ThreeDog's radio... Excellent music. :D

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 07:04:23 PM
I never really did get into Fallout, but they do look like good games!  I really need to get back into Skyrim though, haven't played it in awhile.

I just started after a friend kept nagging me to get it. While I prefer the premise of fallout to that of Skyrim, it is still a very good game so far. Very similar style of games(no surprise as they're made by the same people hahahaha) but I like whole guns blazing, futuristic retro apocalypse thing over the middle ages, just a personal preference.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:05:05 PM
Heck yes!

Ive played every fallout game since the first.  In fact I still have Fallout 1 on my laptop right now and started a new game recently.  The good old games version of fallout 1 runs on modern windows just fine.  In fact it was given away free for a time and I grabbed the file when it was free.  Its not on GoG any longer.

Syph, which is your favorite?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:08:52 PM
Heck yes!

Syph, which is your favorite?

Of the modern ones New Vegas was good, but I prefer the start in a vault story of the Fallout 3 best.  I bought both fallout 3 and new vegas with the DLC bundled and Ive played through both 4 or more times. 

If you never tried it, play a melee character, OMG I tried that my last play though vegas and its comically devastating if you take the right perks.  Plus you Don't have to constantly look for ammo.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 07:16:06 PM
That could definitely put an interesting twist on it hahahaha, my last go was sticking with the wild west feel only using revolvers or lever action rifles. And some sort of duster of course.

The DC wasteland was just a bit too cluttered for me, which is sort of a dumb statement seeing as it's a wasteland  :whistle:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 07:33:23 PM
I suppose it would be bad if I tried Fallout then...

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:25 PM
Why is that?

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 08:00:26 PM
Which one do you recommend to start with, and do you know if it varies from Xbox to PS3?

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 08:05:17 PM
suppose I'll wait for it to appear in a Humble Bundle or Steam sale.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 08:10:49 PM
Which one do you recommend to start with, and do you know if it varies from Xbox to PS3?

I don't believe there should be any variation at all. The storylines don't have any correlation, so playing one before the other won't really impact how the other one goes. New Vegas' storyline and outcome is able to go in quite a few different directions so you can really make your own way. I recommend New Vegas, but I doubt either will disappoint you.

gb Offline TheAverageJoe

• My common sense is tingling
Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 12:01:06 AM
The sacred fallout has been mentioned *bursts into thread dropping several leathermans* fallout 1 + 2 were great, tactics and brotherhood not so much...

Fallout 3... Im sorry and this may offend but it wasn't a true fallout game in my (and many others) opinions. there was too much wrong with it. not that it was bad (and also 2 words. Dunwich building) but personally I always thought it was missing something.

fo:nv however. that felt like home, In all its radioactive glowing goodness. so with any luck fo4 will follow suit.

but that's personal opinion, I wont admit to how many hours I have put into 3 + nv (well over 200 hours combined though)

needless to say i will be pre ordering a physical collectors edition of f4 when I can. it will go well with my f3 and nv ones!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 12:11:07 AM
See that's the same feeling I got, though I haven't played any before fallout 3. It just didn't pull me in like New Vegas did, something about that game just made me not want to stop playing.

Even after I finished I just sat there wishing there was more. Which is why I cannot wait for the next one. I may buy an Xbox One just so I can play that game, if that's not a testament to the series I don't know what is.

dk Offline Freaver

Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 08:00:24 PM
<snip> Even after I finished I just sat there wishing there was more. </snip>

That was the exact same feeling I had with FO3. I might have to shell out for NV and see how that makes me feel at the end...  :think:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:10:47 PM
You won't regret it.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 01:52:29 AM
My wife brought me home Fallout 3 for the PS3 today!  Got it at FutureShop for $4.99!!!  :tu:  Going to play it now. :woohoo:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%