Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which SwissTool don't you like- and why?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Which SwissTool don't you like- and why?
on: July 04, 2008, 06:59:59 PM
So, which SwissTool don't you like- and why?/!

For me, it would have to be the X... For some reason, I NEED to have a serrated blade of some sort on my MT! Oh, and I don't like the Spirit S either.. I don't like how they replaced the scissors! Why not replace the file! ???

How about you guys?
B

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: Which SwissTool don't you like- and why?
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:25:03 PM
I'm not keen on the X but I would feel ok EDCing it if it was all the was available .Like LM123 I really like to have a serrated blade aswell as a plain edge .

Dunc

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:56:23 PM
I'm not keen on the X but I would feel ok EDCing it if it was all the was available .Like LM123 I really like to have a serrated blade aswell as a plain edge .

Dunc

Am I reading that right Dunc saying he doesn't love a certain ST  :P Quick someone cut copy and paste before he edits it :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:24:16 PM by Poncho65 »

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:04:28 PM

Dunc

Am I reading that right Dunc saying he doesn't love a certain ST  :P Quit someone cut copy and paste before he edits it :D

The X is my least favourite due to the lack of a serrated blade . In fact I dont own an X anymore . It went to live with someone else last year  :D Someone who appreciates it and puts it to good use .

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 11:08:36 PM
The only one I don't like is the RS, as the lack of file would really limit it's utility for me :-\
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 12:47:59 AM

Dunc

Am I reading that right Dunc saying he doesn't love a certain ST  :P Quit someone cut copy and paste before he edits it :D

The X is my least favourite due to the lack of a serrated blade . In fact I dont own an X anymore . It went to live with someone else last year  :D Someone who appreciates it and puts it to good use .

Dunc

He does indeed.  ;)
I'm back!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:29 AM
For me, it would have to be the X... For some reason, I NEED to have a serrated blade of some sort on my MT! Oh, and I don't like the Spirit S either.. I don't like how they replaced the scissors! Why not replace the file!
Because if you have a plain and serrated blade you can still do 99% of what you could do if you have scissors. Taking a file off totally removes an entire tool, a sometimes very important tool.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:53:56 PM by ducktapehero »
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 03:57:31 AM
Because if you have a plain and serrated blade you can still do 99% of what you could do if you have scissors. Taking a file off totally removes and entire tool, a sometimes very important tool.

Completely agree. That is the only thing I don't like about the RS. I would rather have a file for everyday purposes instead of scissors, since it also has a PE blade.

Though I can understand the reason for keeping scissors on a rescue tool, they could have still swapped out something other than the file. Like one of the screwdrivers, for example...
[

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 04:02:26 PM
It would be the RS for me. I wouldn't want to give up the file,and would rather have a dedicated rescue blade that I could deploy quickly if need be.
I

us Offline carl

Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:20 AM
The one weakness of the Swisstool is the very thing being discussed here - that with all the models, one tool is missing (e.g. file, scissors, SE blade).  With the LM Charge, you have it all, albeit a smaller scissors - which is fine with me.  Why can't Swisstool do the same thing?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%