Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

God damn it!!

tosh · 95 · 6630

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Re: God damn it!!
Reply #60 on: October 17, 2014, 10:34:00 PM
"chum"  :rofl:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:00 PM

Yeah, but is Tosh a Pedigree?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: October 18, 2014, 12:00:32 AM

That's right!!  :pok: :pok:

......now kiss my ass  ;)
 :rofl:  :rofl:
IMG_20141017_225553.jpg
* IMG_20141017_225553.jpg (Filesize: 31.91 KB)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:09:56 AM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: October 18, 2014, 12:07:27 AM

That's right!!

......now kiss my ass  ;)

OMG that is so wrong in so many ways :ahhh
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: October 18, 2014, 12:12:22 AM
no wonder you're not welcomed by dog owners Tosh !

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: October 18, 2014, 12:22:48 AM
no wonder you're not welcomed by dog owners Tosh !

lol, maybe that was a little risque :whistle:, I couldn't believe that picture myself when I found it a few minutes ago - I only typed in "funny dog" and clicked the image tab.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:18 AM
a wonderful thing the internet  :whistle:
 :rofl:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: October 18, 2014, 12:32:05 AM
OMG
How funny is that...

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: October 18, 2014, 12:44:03 AM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I saw one similar to that the other day (I don't get out much) but it was two Dobermans and with their pointed ears they really carried off the superhero look !

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 05:36:16 PM
on the subject of ''Weapons" that you could explain away as 'reasonable' ~
a small can of WD40 would probably be acceptable to carry on a bicycle ?
+ 1 bic lighter = very passable flame thrower ;) just sayin'  :pok:

*yes I'm aware that it might not put of an angry Rottie/mugger for long (but it would give him something to consider) AND it would take both hands and maybe need a bit of *warning* ?  :think:
I've considered this form of EDC defence, if nothing else it breeds a confidence to feel you are 'armed' but Mr plod wouldn't be horrified to find it in your coat pocket  :D

*also VERY effective against LARGE spiders in the garage ...... I HAVE tested that one !  :whistle:

Haven't they changed them to using carbon dioxide instead of propane as a propellant?

On the subject of dogs, my boss's dog (whom I walk when he's away) is as friendly and soppy as anything with people but will go for cars. And will win - she's smashed a car's headlight before and ended up glaring at it looking mildly pissed off.

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Dogs are very effective predators.  I think the best way to deal with them is a good offense if the situation can't be avoided.  Of course, avoidance is the best option, but it isn't always available.

In order to fight a dog you really need to train at it and accept that you are going to get bit.  Your best bet is to arm yourself with pepper spray or something similar if you can.  Keep it handy and practice drawing it so you can do it instinctively when you need to.

Failing that if try to dismount and walk past with the bike between you and the dog.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Sentence #2 here is key. Tosh, if you'll PM me, I'll tell you how to flank a dog and get them off of you no matter what the scenario is. We do it all the time with our Police dogs. Regards,
Stew...

PS Love this thread title!
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:37 PM
What about "Dog, damn it!"?

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #72 on: October 19, 2014, 11:43:37 PM
Cats rule. They are smart enough to avoid unnecessary encounters with humans.
Pitty we have to talk about violence against animals because of irresponsible animal owners.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #73 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:30 AM

I don't like the title of this thread!  :(   
  • It's blasphemous  :twak: - I know - :( - Call me a prude/old fashioned  :pok:
  • It tells you nothing about the thread content
My title would be something like:
  • "Nearly mauled by a manic Doberman" ..... or
  • "How do you protect yourself against dogs when on a bike?"
Although I'll give it one thing - It is a very effective attention grabber
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:55:52 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: October 20, 2014, 12:59:37 AM
I agree with everything that's been said here and it's true that 90 percent of the problem is handler and not the K9. I'd like to add 2 things.

#1. Dogs have almost no feeling at all on their snout. That is the area from the back of their nose to the base of their eyes, this is a very common misconception. When you smack them there with a newspaper or such, it is the shock that frightens them, not pain. They quickly recover and tend to re-engage more aggressively.

#2. If you do take a bite on your upper extremeties, try to get the dog standing on his hind legs. A knee strike to the thoracic area may not fully connect. A more reliable method is to firmly step down on his hind feet, this will cause pain and get him to yelp, thereby coming off of his bite. Should you find yourself in this position, (hopefully never), once the dog has let go, grab his head with both hands and do not let go, you can at least control him from here until the handler gets their smurf together and their hound under control. I know the idea sounds crazy but it really works. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Stew... :cheers:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: October 20, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

I don't like the title of this thread!  :(   
  • It's blasphemous  :twak: - I know - :( - Call me a prude/old fashioned  :pok:
  • It tells you nothing about the thread content
My title would be something like:
  • "Nearly mauled by a manic Doberman" ..... or
  • "How do you protect yourself against dogs when on a bike?"
Although I'll give it one thing - It is a very effective attention grabber

Sorry Sir if my comment offended. I was just using a bit of gallows humor. I shouldn't have said that and I apologize. Hopefully, no harm no foul.
Sincerely,
Stew

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #76 on: October 20, 2014, 01:12:52 AM
Thanks for the tips Stew!  :salute:  It would do us all well to try and remember them.  I had a 120 lb Rottweiler charge me before, and while not scared, I was expecting a very bad outcome.  Turns out all he wanted to do was lick and kiss me, but I didn't know that!  He had gotten away from his handler, who was about my size (6'4", 200 lbs) and took off towards me. 

If it had of went bad, I would have never thought about the tips you provided at the time, but they are firmly planted in my brain now!!  :salute:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: October 20, 2014, 01:16:53 AM
Thanks for the tips Stew!  :salute:  It would do us all well to try and remember them.  I had a 120 lb Rottweiler charge me before, and while not scared, I was expecting a very bad outcome.  Turns out all he wanted to do was lick and kiss me, but I didn't know that!  He had gotten away from his handler, who was about my size (6'4", 200 lbs) and took off towards me. 

If it had of went bad, I would have never thought about the tips you provided at the time, but they are firmly planted in my brain now!!  :salute:

You're very welcome my friend. However, being the fine looking sack of man that you are, who could blame the dog for wanting a little taste... :rofl:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #78 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:56 AM
Sorry Sir if my comment offended. I was just using a bit of gallows humor. I shouldn't have said that and I apologize. Hopefully, no harm no foul.
Sincerely,
Stew

Gosh - No offense taken at all - And thanks for saying that - It's just me (.... and my up-bringing!)
'Gallows humour' is always good
And 'God'/'OMG' etc etc  is pretty much used by everyone these days - It's just not my cup of tea!!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #79 on: October 20, 2014, 01:31:30 AM

You're very welcome my friend. However, being the fine looking sack of man that you are, who could blame the dog for wanting a little taste... :rofl:
Yeah, I can't argue with you there!!   :rofl:   Actually, anyone that knows me, calls me Dr. Dolittle.  ALL animals love me...  It's kind of weird, but I love animals too!  It's fun going to the zoo, as they'll ignore most people at the fences, or in the petting areas, but if I walk by, they all come over.  I must have been an animal pimp in a previous life!!  :rofl:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: October 20, 2014, 01:32:13 AM
Pitty we have to talk about violence against animals because of irresponsible animal owners.

Cats are the serial killers of the animal world, what have they ever DONE for anyone.

Can you get a co2 pistol? Even if you dont hit it the sound is pretty loud, and a few times, the damn dog will get to know you. Or just throw it some bologna and be its buddy :D

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #81 on: October 20, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

Cats are the serial killers of the animal world, what have they ever DONE for anyone.

Can you get a co2 pistol? Even if you dont hit it the sound is pretty loud, and a few times, the damn dog will get to know you. Or just throw it some bologna and be its buddy :D
Hell, throw me some bologna and I'll be your best bud too!!   :drool:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: October 20, 2014, 01:41:27 AM
then you really will be Dr. Doolittle and have all the animals in the neighborhood Following you around like the pied piper, or crazy cat lady

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #83 on: October 20, 2014, 01:56:05 AM

I might not have had many unnecessary encounters with cats, but my garden certainly has. Damaged plants, vile smells, half buried turds in my veg planters, bird remnants, late night squealing ..... I'm not one for violence to animals either, but I've had some pretty uncharitable thoughts about cat owners who blindly allow their precious little Tiddles to roam the neighbourhood and cause untold problems for others with scant disregard :twak: :megaslap: :mn:

Thanks for the heads up on the "in the event of" Scatty  :tu: Any one of us could experience a problem dog at some point

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: October 20, 2014, 01:58:02 AM

Totally illegal to carry without a good purpose in the UK.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Re: God damn it!
Reply #85 on: October 20, 2014, 02:01:27 AM

Totally illegal to carry without a good purpose in the UK.
That sucks, well sausages, steak or bologna it is I guess....... unless it resembles a knife or hand gun, better unwrap, and cook thoroughly so the poor thing doesn't get sick

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: October 20, 2014, 02:02:15 AM
Sincerely,
Stew

Gosh - No offense taken at all - And thanks for saying that - It's just me (.... and my up-bringing!)
'Gallows humour' is always good
And 'God'/'OMG' etc etc  is pretty much used by everyone these days - It's just not my cup of tea!!

No problem and thank you for your approach. We're all family here and I like to think that we can all be respectful of each other. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Won't happen again. :salute:

Stew...

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #87 on: October 21, 2014, 07:45:20 PM
What about "Dog, damn it!"?

What about "!!ti nmad ,doG"?...

It mentions a dog, a nmad dog...

:whistle:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:48:12 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #88 on: October 21, 2014, 07:47:36 PM

You're right! Let's forget this and go grab a burger!

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: October 21, 2014, 10:40:03 PM

I might not have had many unnecessary encounters with cats, but my garden certainly has. Damaged plants, vile smells, half buried turds in my veg planters, bird remnants, late night squealing ..... I'm not one for violence to animals either, but I've had some pretty uncharitable thoughts about cat owners who blindly allow their precious little Tiddles to roam the neighbourhood and cause untold problems for others with scant disregard :twak: :megaslap: :mn:

Thanks for the heads up on the "in the event of" Scatty  :tu: Any one of us could experience a problem dog at some point

It sounds more like Derekmac has been in your garden. Just sayin... :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%