Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Random act of kindness

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Re: Random act of kindness
Reply #270 on: November 01, 2014, 10:15:13 PM
Very nice of Stew!  :tu:
EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #271 on: November 01, 2014, 10:47:00 PM
I gather Stew likes Moras. :D

I'd say he despises them, that's why he's giving them all away :P :P :
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #272 on: November 02, 2014, 03:56:27 AM
Another RAKing huh?  Good man is Stew :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #273 on: November 06, 2014, 10:48:56 PM
Just got this in the post from Stew! He double RAKed me.
First the Mora then a Opie.
Thanks again Brother!
uploadfromtaptalk1415310468978.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1415310468978.jpg (Filesize: 86.79 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #274 on: November 07, 2014, 03:03:27 AM
Just got this in the post from Stew! He double RAKed me.
First the Mora then a Opie.
Thanks again Brother!
You're very welcome and thank you for helping me with that other deal. I would respectfully ask that everyone please stick with me, I have a lot going on right now but I haven't forgotten anyone on the RAK list.
Santos, your item is on my desk ready to go out, Millhouse, your item is on the way to me still from the seller and, bmot, your custom should go out next week. NeillCurrie, I'm finalizing your GAW package as we speak and Etherealicer your 2nd of 2 small tools came in so I will get it out as soon as I can. I got in a bit over my head here guys but it will all find you and thanks for your patience. :cheers:

Stew
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #275 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:23 AM
Also, Millhouse RAK'd me recently with some custom chocolate from his neck of the woods. That's 2 years in a row now that Millhouse has made my daughter the most popular kid in school. Thank you my friend, she is sending a thank you card along with the item. I also stole some of it, man, that's good stuff! :D

:cheers: Stew
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #276 on: November 07, 2014, 05:31:55 AM
Not tooting any horns here, I want to get the word out.  A brother and fellow rider here in Grand Junction was recently involved in a terrible accident that left him on the pavement not breathing with no pulse until CPR was performed on him.  An SUV pulled out in front of him as he was accelerating around 55 MPH.  He struck the driver side rear side and the impact threw him into the quarterpanel, puncturing his lung.  The SUV's rear wheel was severed from the vehicle and thrown clear.   This was over two weeks ago, and he hasn't woken up because the shock would kill him, he's medically sedated.  Since the accident, He's had at least two pelvic surgeries, one skull operation to relieve pressure, and a facial reconstruction surgery today to mend the fractures in his face. 

There is a benefit for him at Grand Junction Motor Speedway on Saturday November 15, we are calling it Brach Jam(his name is JD Brach).  Three live bands, free soda, $25 entry.  All proceeds go to JD's medical bills.  A few local businesses are helping too, my company is donating a few pork shoulders. 

I sincerely want no recognition, please, but I wanted to get the word out to any who might be interested.  I have a 1982 Honda Goldwing interstate that I am into for about $1000.  It's worth triple that.  I am auctioning it off to the highest bidder, and I am donating all cash paid for it over that $1000 to JD's medical bills.  If you are anywhere near Western Colorado and have the means, please consider it.  This poor man has two young kids and a very respectable business, he's in his early 30's.  His medical bills are stacking up like crazy.  If you want to enter the auction, let me know.  I will post a link to the auction here as soon as it's up.  I think we might try it on facebook, but it will probably end up being live at the benefit.  I still have to install about $300 in parts to get the bike back on the road because I was rebuilding the brakes when I made this decision. PM me if you are interested!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:34:23 AM by Mercury »
Sean

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #277 on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish all the best to him and his family.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #278 on: November 07, 2014, 07:50:40 PM
Thanks DTT.  He'S made it this far, we have high hopes.  Just gonna be a long road to recovery for him. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD