Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Midnite Rogue

Corwyn · 10 · 1674

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Midnite Rogue
on: October 25, 2014, 09:21:34 PM
Hey you crazy guys and girls, as promised and without forward ado, I give you: the MIDNITE ROGUE !

As you might have seen in a previous thread, I absolutely love the looks of my Silvertech Signature Lite and the pen and light were my most used tools. However I hated not having a Philips, a cap lifter and above all, a nail cleaner.
The Minichamp is just too full of junk to make up for its thickness (a second tiny blade, a 5 cm ruler and a smurfing cuticle pusher... my skin crawls at the thought) so plan B was to go for an ever-popular Rambler... and guess what.. none of them have nail cleaners  :rant: .

Well, thanks to lowtech's help, I got a discontinued Rogue and made the World's first MIDNIGHT ROGUE (fetching name, rite?).

It's not to thick.. see next to a AA:

Fits great in a Lite pouch:

Can write (yeah, that's my paycheck flyer  :( ):

Oh yeah.. that feels good, cleans nails, can open small Philips or can make a makeshift Toothpick  ::) :

Yeah baby, coconut vodka:

But Corwyn, you only have a flat driver, no Philips, what were you thinking? Ta-daaam:

Who said the Vic led is weak and useless? :

Not much this lil baby can't do. I'll carry it with a Compact (T&T, Corkscrew, can opener, (weak) prybar, proper scrissors, Eyeglass SD, pin and... hook (really?) ) and a SkeleTool (OHO serrated blade, nifty pliers and versatile bits).   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:27:13 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Midnite Rogue
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:46:06 AM
Rockin!      

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 12:57:52 AM
Great Midnite Rogue :tu:
But, there is always some but :D the Midnite MiniChamp is in fact thicker than Midnite Rogue only for the scissors layer, adding 4 outstanding blades 8)
Btw, cuticle pusher is great no sharp edge tool, large-screwdriver ...

:gimme:
mm.JPG
* mm.JPG (Filesize: 102.05 KB)

gb Offline pingu

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:03:47 AM

Not much this lil baby can't do...

Hmm...  open screwed battery compartments on gadgets? :pok:

In defence of Rambler I love my "Rogue with the handy 0pnt Phillips".  So much so it mainly stays in its box.

I love your mod :tu:, the silver jelly scales are really cool but I've never liked the Victorinox Lite's orientation of the LED away from the driver.    Is it possible to fit the scales the other way round?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:03:28 PM by pingu »

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:39:53 PM
Is it possible to fit the scales the other way round?

You most definately can. I prefer it like this, though, as I can use the light directly from the keychain.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gb Offline pingu

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

You most definately can. I prefer it like this, though, as I can use the light directly from the keychain.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 01:07:44 PM
Nice job there.

Did not think the light would be so bright on these SAK's. Kind of spoiled by my Olight I3S. Even though I think it would be great to be have the light combined with a knife. One less thing to carry.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:19 PM

Ow by the way. be careful on 58 lite scales, as they tend to crack when changed and you can't soak them in hot water.
I heated them with a hair dryer to make them bendy enough and make sure they will fit back.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 09:05:58 PM
I like what you did to the Rogue!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 01:48:32 PM
Really like it! I thought of doing the same but the Rambler is kinda expensive, I thought about using a Rally instead (no scissors).

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD