Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Lucky sak

Weasel · 15 · 1794

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
My Lucky sak
on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:46 AM
 What's your lucky,can't be without sak?
I've got a dozen or so saks but my camper I've had for 10 years that was my grandads is
My favourite and I always carry it as I think it's lucky and feel strange without it.whats your favourite can't be without sak? Or is it me that's strange?
Weasel

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My Lucky sak
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:09 AM
This CT41 is pretty special to me.  :)

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:44 PM
The "Alpha ALOX". The only SAK in my collection that escaped the '06 wildfire!  Finding it in my toolbox was what I needed to start dealing with that terrible fire.
The Orig ALOX.JPG
* The Orig ALOX.JPG (Filesize: 90.78 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:43:49 PM
My very first official SAK: a Ranger.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 05:59:57 PM
Mine is the Swisschamp I got in trade from a friend .

It was one on the first if not the 1st trade I ever made over the net.
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:51 PM
It would have to by Wenger SI. It's been through some real adventures with me.

Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Offline zimchaz

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:43:06 PM
The huntsman my uncle gave me as a 'coming of age' gift 10 years ago...With the custom elephant skin sheath with impala skin lining
I have used it so much the silver in logo has rubbed off.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 07:41:38 PM
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. As for lucky SAKs...nope.

I do have a few SAKs I won't leave the house without which I guess I'll call my daily drivers, but nothing with deep sentimental value or "Lucky".

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:47:50 PM
Most of mine as kindly given to me on this great site,off hand my swisschamp from taxidad and explorer from reinier  and tinker from jerseydevil ,all cherrished by me, :salute:

I have to add that the swisschamp literally saved the day when my daughters birthday presents was accidentally thrown in a bin but its a long story and the champ saved the day :tu:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:54:44 PM by Zed »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:00 PM
I have a few, one is my first, that my belated grandfather gave me over 20yrs ago, that I had fixed and don't use anymore, but it sits on my dresser, my other is my farmer, but my syph custom (Pharmber) that's my heart and soul not only because it's custom, but one of the parts is from my grandfathers sak, same with my first one that broke, I used a part from my grandfathers sak. This way no mater what I will always have a part of him with me at all times! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline collim1

Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:24 PM
Thats a tough call for me.  I absolutely love my Farmer since I bought it a few months ago.  It has been a handy little knife, and I really prefer the alox models to the standard now.

However, my Tinker was my daily carry knife for many, many years before the Farmer.  Its a great combo of tools vs size.  Thin and light.  I actually really like having the option of the small blade, and the dedicated phillips comes in handy.  In the city its hard to beat a Tinker. 

When I head to the lake or the hunting camp though, the Farmer is in my pocket instead of the Tinker.  The Heavier duty blade, awl, and saw are just more useful outside the city limits. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 12:15:51 AM
Thats a tough call for me.  I absolutely love my Farmer since I bought it a few months ago.  It has been a handy little knife, and I really prefer the alox models to the standard now.

However, my Tinker was my daily carry knife for many, many years before the Farmer.  Its a great combo of tools vs size.  Thin and light.  I actually really like having the option of the small blade, and the dedicated phillips comes in handy.  In the city its hard to beat a Tinker. 

When I head to the lake or the hunting camp though, the Farmer is in my pocket instead of the Tinker.  The Heavier duty blade, awl, and saw are just more useful outside the city limits.
Till a few years ago I never knew of the alox, I always thought a sak was only the plastic ones. But I love the them, that little size is a big diff to me. The one other thing that I really like is having all the tools on the one side rather then also on the bottom, grant it you loose tools but I like it better for an everyday pocket carry. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 01:13:08 AM
I don't have a particular one that I can't be without, but I can't be without a SAK.  Don't think you're strange though.
- Steve

Offline collim1

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 02:25:07 AM

Till a few years ago I never knew of the alox, I always thought a sak was only the plastic ones. But I love the them, that little size is a big diff to me. The one other thing that I really like is having all the tools on the one side rather then also on the bottom, grant it you loose tools but I like it better for an everyday pocket carry. JR

Same for me, until I got on MTO I had no idea about the alox models.  I had been carrying a Tinker since I was a kid and thought that was the best of the Victorinox world. 

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:55 AM
My Manager lives on my keys permanantly, but I don't reach for a SAK as a primary tool everyday. When I do grab one to carry, I grab whichever day suits my mood or the schedule for the day. I certainly don't consider any of my knives or tools to be a lucky talisman  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD