Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My take on EDC (by lister)

lister · 75 · 8411

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: My take on EDC (by lister)
Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 02:57:09 PM
I am quite sure that most of us EDC/cellphones. In fact these gadgets are so omnipresent that most of us don't bother including them in our EDC threads. Besides what are those of us that don't own a camera supposed to use to take pictures of the EDC if our smartphone is part of the lineup?  :ahhh

But as it happens I use two phones, the main smartphone and another cheaper cell phone for when I want to go light or don't want to damage the expensive smartphone. I carry the one you can see in the attached picture (sak included for scale, picture taken with my cellphone). I hear that it is quite popular with certain population with limited mobility in the UK and that they tend to be somewhat anal retentive about them...
qwert.jpg
* qwert.jpg (Filesize: 46.65 KB)
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: March 28, 2017, 03:16:07 PM
To continue my monologue:

This is the wallet part of my edc, from left to right, top to bottom:

- I used to carry folded plastic bag for storing my smartphone in case of sky-sent-precipitation, but I upgraded it to a 1l whirlpool plastic bag intended for collecting laboratory samples. At least I think this is what it is, I actually bought it on Ebay form a guy that was selling it to survival kit builders. That was the only sane option, the other one being a 500 pc pack of them...  ::)

- Two aspirins. I wish they would be available in slimmer form for wallet carry...  :D

-Wallet mirror, not to keep myself looking good, as there is not much chance of that, but it helps me with my contact lenses from time to time. I never could get them in and out of my eyes without a mirror.

- A Fresnel lens, a piece of polarizing filter, and a piece of foil for magnetic field viewing I picked up while still in the university. The firs item gets some action, the second and the third not so much...  :ahhh

- I think that about 20 meters of kevlar thread.

- Some first aid items, iodine disinfection pads, some waterproof plasters, and forehead liquid crystal thermometer.

The green piece of spandex is a pouch everything in this picture, except for the plastic bag, resides in while not in use.
IMAG0571.jpg
* IMAG0571.jpg (Filesize: 194.22 KB)

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: April 03, 2017, 04:16:32 PM
Not strictly EDC, but does anyone else thinks this also applies to the field of EDC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

:climber: :multi: :gimme: :like:

:D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #63 on: April 03, 2017, 04:37:25 PM
Thinking that you need more stuff for new niches? Oh yea.  :facepalm:  :rofl:

I used to use regular pens as I pleased....Didn't care Ballpoint vs Gel, etc. Now I want a pen for EDC, pen for figiting with, etc.  :facepalm: :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: April 03, 2017, 04:39:49 PM
Well, the pen is mightier than the sword, so it makes sense to dedicate one to fighting.  :twak:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #65 on: April 03, 2017, 05:48:22 PM
Fidget! Sorry for my spelling, I meant fidgeting.  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: April 03, 2017, 06:04:40 PM
And sory for my reading or lack thereof...  :rofl:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: April 09, 2017, 02:00:52 PM
I bought myself a new watch. It's vostok amphibia. It is a fun cheap watch from Russia.

While it is by no means fancy, it has a few nice technological tricks for circumventing the weaknesses of it's materials and price point. It uses acrylic glass in the shape of a dome, so that the water pressure deforms it, and pushes it tighter in to the edges of the case to make a tighter waterproof seal. The back is not mad of one piece but is actually a kind of a cover held in place by another screw on ring. This is to enable the cover to pres more tightly to the sintered rubber to again seal the watch tighter as you dive lower and the water pressure increases. All this makes the watch water resistant to 200 m. It also has a crown connected to the watch mechanism via a clutch. The clutch engages when you pull the crown far enough out, all this is supposed to make the watch more resistant to shocks, as they are not directly transmitted to the watch stem.

It cost around 60 €.

Of course, if you are not familiar with this watch, don't trust my information, as I am not a watch expert. And anyways there is a lot of reviews on the internet.  :D
IMAG0582.jpg
* IMAG0582.jpg (Filesize: 86.22 KB)

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: April 09, 2017, 03:04:35 PM
Blue Scuba Dude!
Nice watch, I have the same blue one myself.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: April 09, 2017, 04:16:52 PM
It is the scuba dude. Although in real life it looks more green than blue to me. But then again I was never too good with colors...  ::)

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 09:10:00 PM
Hm, since necromancy seems to back in vogue I'll do some myself. Granted it this is not one of the threads of historic importance and/or one of the really interesting ones, such as those that get necromanced by the boss but still. I really don't want to start a new one.  :D

Anyway this is my minimalistic edc I use in summer when clothes do not permit my usual EDC extravagance:

20180716_204926.jpg
* 20180716_204926.jpg (Filesize: 63.97 KB)

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:34 PM
And just for sake of comparison here is my current full blown edc:

20180507_181434.jpg
* 20180507_181434.jpg (Filesize: 69.65 KB)

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:05 PM
Now feel free to throw stones and such...

:ahhh

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #73 on: July 16, 2018, 09:13:50 PM
look good, love the variety of clip styles and shapes, you're the clip/hanger man!  :D :like:
and the gear is great of course  :cheers:

Minimal size but very capable!  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: July 16, 2018, 10:51:52 PM
look good, love the variety of clip styles and shapes, you're the clip/hanger man!  :D :like:
and the gear is great of course  :cheers:

Minimal size but very capable!  :salute:

True, I do like my edc well clipped.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62