Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Official UK Meet Thread

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: The Official UK Meet Thread
Reply #120 on: July 11, 2008, 09:30:28 PM
How does that bugger mike?

He is tied up at the weekends. 

Tied up and buggered  :o I'm so glad I didnt share a tent with you two  :ahhh

Dunc

After I posted that I regretted it.  ::)

At least it wasn't about me though.  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #121 on: July 11, 2008, 09:31:53 PM
How does that bugger mike?

He is tied up at the weekends. 

Tied up and buggered  :o I'm so glad I didnt share a tent with you two  :ahhh

Dunc

After I posted that I regretted it.  ::)

At least it wasn't about me though.  :D

Yeh thats something to be gratefull of I suppose .
    I have to slip off now but will be on again in the morning .

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #122 on: July 11, 2008, 10:12:06 PM
Is the proteous good Mike?
Its a little small, ideally I've liked to get a water bottle in there, but quality wise it's very impressive :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Reply #123 on: July 11, 2008, 10:14:45 PM
I have my boy on the weekend's so there sacrisanct, but I'm sure we can sort something out...how about breaking your leg Dunc mate :D

Offline nezza33

Reply #124 on: July 11, 2008, 10:21:49 PM
I like the sabercat.
J

Reply #125 on: July 11, 2008, 10:26:02 PM
I like the sabercat.
See that to me is just too big :-\, the overall size of the Proteus is about as big as I'd want to go :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #126 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:24 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time :) You did take an awful lot of goodies there didnt ya! That Camo Charge looks better every time I see it :drool:  Only trouble is I've spent too many pennies lately, so I should be slowing down at bit (we all say that and then buy more stuff :D)

Anyway, just wanted to go back to the talk of the SURGE. Nobody likes it?? I got one just a couple of days ago and I am quite impressed to be honest. Mine does rattle a bit but that doesn't bother me. I really like having the one handed opening scissors and the interchangeable saw is cool tool. A little surprised you lot don't like it. I think you're all too much in love with Swiss stuff :pok: :D ;)
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #127 on: July 11, 2008, 10:37:51 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time :) You did take an awful lot of goodies there didnt ya! That Camo Charge looks better every time I see it :drool:  Only trouble is I've spent too many pennies lately, so I should be slowing down at bit (we all say that and then buy more stuff :D)

Anyway, just wanted to go back to the talk of the SURGE. Nobody likes it?? I got one just a couple of days ago and I am quite impressed to be honest. Mine does rattle a bit but that doesn't bother me. I really like having the one handed opening scissors and the interchangeable saw is cool tool. A little surprised you lot don't like it. I think you're all too much in love with Swiss stuff :pok: :D ;)

Like I said, I am a Leatherman guy as well, but the Surge really disappointed me.  My main complaints were the finish that I just felt were not good enough for a top end tool.
I'm back!!

Reply #128 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:01 PM
Frankly it was too large, lacked any concesion to hand comfort with it's total lack of rounded edges, weighs to much for what supposed to be a compact belt tool, was too wide and too fat, at least to me :-\

As far as heavy duty LM's go, I'd much rather carry my Core or and old ST200 (which I like quite a lot :))

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #129 on: July 11, 2008, 10:44:50 PM
I have my boy on the weekend's so there sacrisanct, but I'm sure we can sort something out...how about breaking your leg Dunc mate :D

So, its a weekend in Mike's back garden then  :P:D

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline cryptrick

Reply #130 on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:41 PM
Frankly it was too large, lacked any concesion to hand comfort with it's total lack of rounded edges, weighs to much for what supposed to be a compact belt tool, was too wide and too fat, at least to me :-\

As far as heavy duty LM's go, I'd much rather carry my Core or and old ST200 (which I like quite a lot :))

Yeah it is a bloody heavy tool I'll admit that, I'm not usually too fussed about the weight of a tool, but they are getting to that point with the Surge, where if it is any more heavy it starts to loose a bit of its practicality. I see why you'd like to carry a core in stead, its rounded on its edges and does feel better to carry. Whats your opinion on the Core anyway Mike, you like it?
[

Reply #131 on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:52 PM

So, its a weekend in Mike's back garden then  :P:D

Neil
I'll warn the neighbours :D

Reply #132 on: July 11, 2008, 10:47:59 PM

Yeah it is a bloody heavy tool I'll admit that, I'm not usually too fussed about the weight of a tool, but they are getting to that point with the Surge, where if it is any more heavy it starts to loose a bit of its practicality. I see why you'd like to carry a core in stead, its rounded on its edges and does feel better to carry. Whats your opinion on the Core anyway Mike, you like it?
I do really like the Core (I'll do a review after I've used it a bit more) but it's as big as I'd want to go for practical EDC :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #133 on: July 11, 2008, 10:49:37 PM

I do really like the Core (I'll do a review after I've used it a bit more) but it's as big as I'd want to go for practical EDC :)

Cool, I am very impressed with it as well, let me guess, you'd still prefer your SwissTool over it though :D
[

Reply #134 on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:27 PM
I am fairly wedded to the Swiss way of doing thing's :), and the Swisstool is still (in my opinion) way better than the Core in that it's more comfortable to use, has a greater utility, and is arguable every bit as strong as the Core :)

But I do like the Core's old school ruggedness :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #135 on: July 11, 2008, 10:58:13 PM
I am fairly wedded to the Swiss way of doing thing's :), and the Swisstool is still (in my opinion) way better than the Core in that it's more comfortable to use, has a greater utility, and is arguable every bit as strong as the Core :)

Yup, the SwissTool does always achieve what you want it to, its one tool I know I wont be selling :)  You mentioned the ST200, how good is that tool, I've thought about getting one in the past but got the Core instead really.
[

Reply #136 on: July 11, 2008, 11:04:08 PM

Yup, the SwissTool does always achieve what you want it to, its one tool I know I wont be selling :)  You mentioned the ST200, how good is that tool, I've thought about getting one in the past but got the Core instead really.
Well I've only had it a day :D (it's one of Grants), but I do like it already :)

As for what it's like, well think Supertool with all of it's stupidly annoying faults cured :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #137 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:19 PM
But it has those locks though.  >:D
I'm back!!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #138 on: July 11, 2008, 11:06:42 PM

Well I've only had it a day :D (it's one of Grants), but I do like it already :)

As for what it's like, well think Supertool with all of it's stupidly annoying faults cured :)

Oh right lol, sorry thought you'd had it a while. It does sound like a tough little cookie though, cheers Mike.
[

Reply #139 on: July 11, 2008, 11:07:20 PM
But it has those locks though.  >:D
Well, I didn't like them at first either as they really dug in to my thumbs when I was using them, but I adjusted my technique to a rolling action, and its MUCH better :)

Flash

Reply #140 on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:34 PM
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:42:42 AM by Flash »

Reply #141 on: July 11, 2008, 11:12:19 PM

Oh right lol, sorry thought you'd had it a while. It does sound like a tough little cookie though, cheers Mike.
No worries mate, I'll pm you when I've written the review for it as none of my review's make it to the main site ::) (damn quality issues :D)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #142 on: July 11, 2008, 11:13:14 PM

No worries mate, I'll pm you when I've written the review for it as none of my review's make it to the main site ::) (damn quality issues :D)
OK thanks Mike.
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #143 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:43 PM
I like the Core, but it wouldn't be near the top of my list tbh.

The 'rattle' doesn't affect the working of the tool one bit, and of course it isn't going to fall apart or anything, but the reason my Surge is 'squeaky clean' as Ben put it, is that I will always reach for my TTi or my Core (if it's a toughy) before it.

The Surge does have a Wow factor though, a big tough tool, that looks like the Wave, and has LMs only blade exchanger, but ultimately I don't EDC it.

I used to come here a lot.

Reply #144 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:29 PM
Micky,

Is your boy over every weekend or is there a time when his ma might take him away for a week.  In other words could there be ANY weekend available.  Only reason I ask is that I might get hold of the hanger on a weekend.  We could camp in one of the rolling fields that surround it (for free) and have the comforts of a warm dry planning room to show and tell. Its safe secure and free.

Just a thought.
Thanks for the offer mate :cheers:, but no, it is every weekend, and not being funny, but I don't see nearly as much of him as I want to anyway :cry:

I won't have any ill will to you lot if you wana do one on a weekend, as much as I'd love to go, I'm under no illusions that it makes life a lot harder for the rest of you to accomadate little old me ::)

Flash

Reply #145 on: July 11, 2008, 11:16:30 PM
We can sort it...all for one and leave no man behind... :drink:

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #146 on: July 11, 2008, 11:17:23 PM
Micky,

Is your boy over every weekend or is there a time when his ma might take him away for a week.  In other words could there be ANY weekend available.  Only reason I ask is that I might get hold of the hanger on a weekend.  We could camp in one of the rolling fields that surround it (for free) and have the comforts of a warm dry planning room to show and tell. Its safe secure and free.

Just a thought.

Now that is a great idea. I'd be there, for sure. I really regret not being able to stay over the other night and would love a chance to remedy that soon.

I used to come here a lot.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #147 on: July 11, 2008, 11:18:27 PM

My thoughts exactly.  ;)
I'm back!!

Reply #148 on: July 11, 2008, 11:20:29 PM

My thoughts exactly.  ;)
Thanks fella's...I...I'm all emotional now :cry: :-[ :D

Offline nezza33

Reply #149 on: July 11, 2008, 11:21:23 PM
Couldnt you take your son with you or is he too young?
J

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD