Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Official UK Meet Thread

Flash

Re: The Official UK Meet Thread
Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 07:12:25 PM
T,

Without getting too vulgar it refers to the act of sodomy, to "sod off" is to remove oneself in a vile manner.

Sod in British English is a mildly offensive term for a person, derived from "sodomite" but rarely nowadays used with this meaning. It has many uses, but particularly implies idleness ("lazy sod") or dirtiness. Such mild insults are used affectionately between friends ("how are you, you old sod?"). It can be used as many different parts of speech — e.g. "sod off!", "sodding smurf". "Sod it", "sod this for a lark", or "sod this for a game of soldiers" is often used when deciding something is not worth doing.

Flash

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 07:14:12 PM
ok i get it now bit better,thank u very MANY.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:08 PM
I won't have a word said against her on account of her helping to save Dave's finger :twak:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Flash

Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:01 PM
Its what Dave did to thank her thats what worried me  :o  :o  :o

Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 07:19:11 PM
Its what Dave did to thank her thats what worried me  :o  :o  :o
Well let's just hope the film came out ok :D

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 07:19:46 PM
i wont even ask what he did :think:
 :D

Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 07:21:14 PM
i wont even ask what he did :think:
 :D
It's probably best not too :o

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 07:37:46 PM

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 07:41:24 PM
Anyway...back to that lady paramedic

(Image removed from quote.)

sweet Jesus

Wow!  :o  She's even hotter than I remember!  :D

Finally home!!! :) Got in about 4.30 in the end.

Had a great time guys!  :)  Can't wait till we can do it again.

I'll get some pics uploaded ASAP.  ;)
I'm back!!

Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 07:45:13 PM
Just writing up events (as I saw them >:D) now :)

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:35 PM
did u do any survival&emergeancy moonshine ;) ?

Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 07:56:53 PM
Flash set fire to it all :cry: (and nearly everything else :D)

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 07:58:36 PM
omg! :ahhh

you can take the boy outta the city
but you can't take the city outta the boy!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 08:03:56 PM
Flash set fire to it all :cry: (and nearly everything else :D)

That was funny.  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 08:05:44 PM
Put it this way...the Kershaw ET managed to bite one of our men, however we are trained to leave no man behind...but the evil blade needed a feed  >:D  >:D  >:D

That bloody hurt that did, it could have put me off knives for good.

Anyone got one of these to trade btw? Absolutely wonderful thing, and now I want one.

I'd echo everyone else's comments so far - a brilliant day out and it was great to meet you all. I'll definitely be there at the next one if you'll have me!

PS Flash - that LM knife turned out to be a C302 and after a bit of WD40'ing flicks nicely now. Well pleased with it - thanks!

I used to come here a lot.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 08:07:54 PM

I'd echo everyone else's comments so far - a brilliant day out and it was great to meet you all. I'll definitely be there at the next one if you'll have me!

Wouldn't be the same without you mate.  ;)
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 08:08:41 PM
Goodness Dave, you sound like me!

Of course, if the knife bit you, that means it's truly yours, so you'll have to make arrangements with the current owner to reunite yourself and your blood brother!

I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics!  Welcome back guys, I'm glad you all had a good time!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 08:16:41 PM
Goodness Dave, you sound like me!

Of course, if the knife bit you, that means it's truly yours, so you'll have to make arrangements with the current owner to reunite yourself and your blood brother!

Lol - I think Flash might have something to say about that tbh.

Flash

Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:16 PM
Folks,

Trust me on this...you NEVER own a Kershaw ET...it OWNS you...

...correction...it POSESSES you  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 08:27:13 PM
I still have yet to see one in real life.  They do look cool though!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 08:32:09 PM
I still have yet to see one in real life.  They do look cool though!

Def
Just don't get too close and you'll be ok......

Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 09:02:11 PM
Well Ben and I we're on our way to pick up Ryan, when Dunc phoned me to tell us that we had suffered both our first fatality :cry:, and our first tool usage :) (I'll let Dunc tell that part of the story ;)), but being the breed of men that gave birth to the phrase ''stiff upper lip'' we pressed on :salute:

So after 2 and a half hours of annoying Ben on my lonesome, we picked Ryan up, who was perched like a goblin on a big rock :think:. Despite his smallish stature he wore a green shirt with the immortal words MT.O proudly giving him the stature of a God (Similar god-like T shirts are available from travis ;)) Then came our second oppertunity for tool usage...we had to strip his racing bicycle down to fit in Ben's car, which was already bursting at the seams with Tool's sharps, food and booze! So out comes Ryans Crunch, and off come the bikes wheels, with a bit of help from the bike tool Ben gave me :), so bike in the car, and Ryan and his Gerbers were kicked mercilously into a student shaped space :D, and we were on our way again :)

Finally after 4 hours 20mins on the road (5.30 for poor ole Ben!) we turn up at the lovely little campsite, and the first of many handshakes that day :) .Dunc our intrepid high sea's adventurer had already been there for a couple of hours and had made the campsite ship shape for we three tired hero's :D. As you'd expect, Dunc really is a friendly bloke, who despite not getting the kettle on quick enough, soon earned my approval :D

Well we were now four adventure seeking Brit's, and it didn't take long for us to move beyond the subject of women, and on to the really important stuff...MT/Sak's/Sharp pointy things! As a prototype for the rest of the day, we all immediatly decended on our car's, and produced a truly biblical number of sharps and shinies :drool:

After much debating and droolage (don't look it up) my phone rang, telling me that Dave had arrived, so off I traipse to the car park to be greeted by yet another grinning face with a certain maniacle gleam in his eye. After hand shakes and directions, he came to join us and show off his impressive and very near comprehensive Leatherman collection! All went well, and we entered the great Vic versus Lm debate, and not for the last time either :D

All the while this going on the weather keeps getting darker and colder, and the threat of rain is one we're all starting to take seriously :o, so coats on and Non Vics bathed in wd40 as a precaution (sorry couldn't resist :D) we awaited the arrival of the gazebo bearing Flash...

And here he came, his golden coach pulled by a pair of stout steeds (ok I may be exagerating, but we were pleased to see the gazebo :D). So the party was almost here now, but first we had to have a good route through his very ecclectic mix (sensibly he brought stuff he thought we didn't have!) and that's when our second...but fortunatly only near...fatality occured :o. Dave in a seemingly desparate moment of depression, tried to cut his finger off with one of Flashes very, very nasty Kershaws :o. Ok there wasn't much blood, but I'm a strong believer in melo drama :D

And finally, just as the clouds opened and we were starting to get a little moist (and not from the tools this time ;)) our final adventurous soul decended upon us. Neil, who after many hours of searching for a baby sitter, was finally able to journey forth, bringing much needed sugar based supplies, and vital cold and flu medicines. He also brought forth his might collection of old, rare and mucho collectable Saks with him :)

So now we were complete, 7 brave (stupid), hardy men against the ravage's of horrizontal rain, and very high winds, holding ourselves to the holy tenents of MT.O, risking all to ''make the unworkable work'', and so with Def's holy eddict in our hearts, we had a long and final what tool is best/shiniest debate (sadly Ben's MPT lost this one :D). We chatted at length about the most controversial tool of our time, the Skeletool, but far from desolving into and angry free for all (this ain't BF after all :D) it never got heated or angry and no one had there feathers ruffled. Just like the forum, it remained polite and friendly, with me inevitably trying to go off topic :D

Sadly we moved on to our first goodbye's when Dave had to make his long trek home, now in the pooring rain :(. Shortly after, Neil followed suit into the darkening night :(, so what once was 7, then became 5. Most of the tool's had been put away, so's to avoid them drifting away in the rain! We had a long chat about all things multitool, and the inevitable putting the world to rights, while we all (except Ryan, who's northern) got increasingly cold and damp :cry:. Fortunatly, we had our very own man of action, Flash, who proceded to show us the correct application of napalm :D. After near immolation, we decided it might be better to use smaller amounts of incendries to keep us warm :D. By now it's properly dark, so all those suffering from the dreaded ''Jamie'' torch affliction wanted to go play despite the rain ::). I stayed tending the napalm pit, as the other's went rolling arround outside (i'm assuming) to play with the torches :D

Midnight and time to turn in, it's now bloody freezing (at least I am) and we all clamber into our tents to at least try and get some sleep...only there was a terrifying, earth trembling monster outside :o. So grasping at least 3 knives each we went to investigate!...Fortunatly it was just a red wine fueled snoring Dunc, but Flash swears he could here distant sperm whales calling...

After a very patchy nights sleep (or 2 hour'sish in my case) we got up, Dunc first (he could here the plaintive call of the sea carried on the wind) with me a close second. I stealthily crept out of the tent so as not to wake the ''kids'' and joined Dunc topside to watch the sun being up, and all being right with the world again ::)

So we ate breakfast, broke camp, chilled out and warmed our bones in the near warmth of the sun :). It was drawing near kicking out time, and so with a genuinly heavy heart we parted ways  :(, first Dunc, then the rest of us, Flash went his way (still lead by his noble horses) and we three went our's (after kicking Ryan and his Gerber back into his hole :D). An all to short time later we droped our latest genious off home and battled our way south through very, very heavy traffic home ::). After a loooong time Ben dropped me back home, I manfully resisted the urge to hug him, and shed a tear, and then he was gone :cry:

All joking aside, I had an absolutly epic time, brilliant tool's but more importantly, brilliant company too :). There was never any question of trust, these were all honest, stand up guys :salute:, 7 near stranger's brought together as mate's by little metal tool boxes...can't be bad :cheers:

Thanks fellas

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:25:30 PM by Benner »

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 09:12:27 PM
Cracking write up Mike! :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:14:13 PM by Roadie »
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 09:12:51 PM
Cracking write up Mike! : )
Thanks, and all true too :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 09:13:02 PM
Sounds like you had a great old time!

I am not looking forward to the Maine trip even more!  And, I desperately need to see pictures and video now!

Def

Flash

Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 09:16:48 PM
Micky,

Great write up and the feelings of trust and friendship to all who attended were evident.

I can't say enough good things about this trip....

:salute:  :cheers:  :multi:  :cheers:  :drink:  :ahhh  :-X

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 09:25:54 PM
very decent write up! :cheers:
I'm still surprised you guys stayed so short. 4-5 hours drive each way, set up time/tear down time! :think:
but it still sounds like a good "evening!" I also can't wait for the pictures. Thx M regular Dickens you are :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 09:27:39 PM
Of course there was trust!  :o  With The Flash around no one was going to step out of line!  :D

Great write up mate.  ;)
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:45 PM
very decent write up! :cheers:
I'm still surprised you guys stayed so short. 4-5 hours drive each way, set up time/tear down time! :think:
but it still sounds like a good "evening!" I also can't wait for the pictures. Thx M regular Dickens you are :D

We still has a good 24 hours on site.  Was a shame to leave though.  :(
I'm back!!

Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 10:32:41 PM
Yeah, a bloody good time was had by all, I reckon :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD