Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox collectors society

us Offline Hyatt181

Victorinox collectors society
on: November 20, 2014, 07:29:56 PM
Does anyone know anything about the victorinox collectors society?
Is it active? I have sent someone my mailing address a couple of months ago but have not received anything.
I saw they made a collectors explorer for 2013.
What's sad is I have been collecting saks for a long time and didn't know there was a large group that also collects. I could have had some really nice knives had I known about them years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like bowls, they contain chaos.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Victorinox collectors society
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:47:14 PM
I would like to know as well!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline sf_duke

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
Emailed Doug at Freeport Knife (now Casco Bay Cutlery) with no reply.  Any MT members in Freeport, Maine that can stop by the B&M and inquire?

us Offline Hyatt181

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:14:00 PM
So is it still fairly active? Newsletter or anything?

I like bowls, they contain chaos.

us Offline abackus

• New User
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:24:12 PM
Emailed Doug at Freeport Knife (now Casco Bay Cutlery) with no reply.  Any MT members in Freeport, Maine that can stop by the B&M and inquire?

I am about 45 minutes north of Freeport. I will see if I can swing by this weekend.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 11:49:39 PM
VSAKCS was run for a number of years by Dan Jacquart. It was the official Victorinox club, but was pretty much a one-man show, with Dan producing a quarterly news letter. There was also an annual knife. After Dan gave up on it, Doug Dillman of Freeport Knives in Maine became de facto head. There is still an annual knife available from Doug, but not a news letter. Don't know of any other activity currently going on.

In addition, Dan Jacquart did a useful book on Victorinox 58mm knives. Don't know if its still available, or where to get a copy.

Most current English-language activity on SAKs seems to be centered around MultiTool's Swiss Army Knights.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:00:48 AM by ColoSwiss »

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 05:41:23 AM
Seems that way.
We see the gap. And we do hope to have more coming from Swiss Army knights in the not so distant future.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:10:07 PM
I think Def got offered to take over VSAKCS at some point but had too much other things to deal with then.

Maybe some day.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
I think Def got offered to take over VSAKCS at some point but had too much other things to deal with then.

Maybe some day.

I offered and was politely told "lol no". I think the club has kind of been put out to pasture, but that's understandable with it not being run by an active collector (at least as far as I understand). Too bad, I have some good ideas for annual knives and for a newsletters/web site.

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:49 PM

Maybe some day.

I offered and was politely told "lol no". I think the club has kind of been put out to pasture, but that's understandable with it not being run by an active collector (at least as far as I understand). Too bad, I have some good ideas for annual knives and for a newsletters/web site.

You should really send me a PM :)
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:20 PM
Re someone taking over VSACKS...
I offered
Can't think of a better person  :D
- I'd join
- In fact I tried to join last year but had the same experience as Hyatt

... Especially as this would mean it was
being run by an active collector

Even more so if....
I have some good ideas for annual knives and for a newsletters/web site.

Although I always thought they should drop the 'V'
- As in it should be a society for collectors of both manufacturers of SAKS, as they are so closely intertwined - And of course especially since 2005 and 2013!!

- If you favour one or the other - NP - But the club should be for both.

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 12:20:26 AM
There is a new newsletter on paper. It's called "The Swiss Blade". I got it a few months ago from Doug together with the advertising for the new club knife.

The issue no.1 has four pages and the following content:
  • Tribute to Carl Elesener
  • Collecting Swiss Army Advertising Knives
  • The new Delemont collection
  • The Damascus Series

In the introduction Doug describes the goal of the club's newsletter.
"We hope to serve as a facilitator for the interaction between members who wish to enhance their own collections and as a clearinhouse for information that members might find useful for their collection hobby. A shopping cart will facilitate the coordination of buying, selling and trading of a variety of collectable Swiss Army knives."

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 05:41:09 AM
Dragging this up from the depths...

Does anyone here actually know Doug Dillman? The VSAKCS has all but gone radio silent after what looked like a decent start, with no info and no new knives recently. I'd actually be interested in helping out or even taking it over and at the very least getting a new commemorative knife made once a year. I sent Doug an email about this before, but got no response.

I was hoping that if anyone here knew Doug might help out and get me an introduction. Calling him myself and say "trust me, I know a lot about SAKs" doesn't go very far, but a reference from someone he actually knows could help. I could take it from there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:42:52 AM by jazzbass »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 07:00:35 AM
I'll ask Def. I think he was offered the position before Doug took over. :think:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 07:40:13 AM
I hope everything goes OK. It would be a valuable development for the SAK society. Just make sure it won't become an elite or, worse, snobbish closed group. SAKs belong to the masses.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 07:51:45 AM
I haven't talked to Doug Ina few years but we have met face to face and I've been to the store.  In fact, I even wrote an article about it.

I'm not sure how much good an introduction from me would help, but I'm always happy to lend a hand.  If you think anything I can do would be helpful just let me know.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline marduk

Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 02:26:46 PM
I spoke w/Doug via phone several times & if my memory serves me correctly, I think he mentioned he once worked in some capacity for Victorinox. This may account for the fact that he is able to get a club knife at least once a year.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 06:13:10 AM
If it was active, I'd definitely join.  I'd love to see a newsletter, even quarterly.
Barry

us Offline GaAAlcantara

Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:05 AM
I agree, I'd totally join if they came back! And a newsletter would be nice...

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 02:31:59 PM
They really need to get back at it

Sent from my outdated communication device using an obsolete application

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 08:31:57 AM
Used to be a member,  at some point newsletters stopped coming,  not sure if it's was me forgetting to renew or them going defunct.  10 years ago they had a bunch of gold Farmers made up with the Soldier shield:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:38:13 AM by AndyTiedye »
R

us Offline JDillman

• New User
Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 04:42:52 PM
Hi Folks,
My name is Jason Dillman and I have recently joined Casco Bay Cutlery & Kitchenware (formerly know as Freeport Knife Company) as General Manager. Doug has been extremely overwhelmed over the last few years with our newest B&M location next to L.L. Beans flagship store (Hence my joining the company) and I will now be assisting with organization of the VSAKCS.
Doug still intends to do the newsletter, however I will manage the accounts and special edition knives.
Please email me at Jasonsfreeportkitchen@gmail.com or call the store (#207-865-0779) for more information, and I will get you on our list!

- Jason

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:41 PM
Bump for the members who had been wondering. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
:woohoo:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 06:36:43 PM
Hi Folks,
My name is Jason Dillman and I have recently joined Casco Bay Cutlery & Kitchenware (formerly know as Freeport Knife Company) as General Manager. Doug has been extremely overwhelmed over the last few years with our newest B&M location next to L.L. Beans flagship store (Hence my joining the company) and I will now be assisting with organization of the VSAKCS.
Doug still intends to do the newsletter, however I will manage the accounts and special edition knives.
Please email me at Jasonsfreeportkitchen@gmail.com or call the store (#207-865-0779) for more information, and I will get you on our list!

- Jason

Welcome aboard, Jason and thanks for the update!  You and Doug will find many willing team members in this forum and a whole lot of expertise regarding SAKs.  Let me tell you though, one of your first contacts should be JazzBass...he's our resident encyclopedia!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline Joe58

Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 11:22:30 PM
Hi Folks,

- Jason

Just wanted to add that after I read this post, I'd emailed Jason and received a quick reply that he'd add my name to the email list for updates and available knives leftover. He's working on putting something together to send out.

So if you'd like, perhaps email him and ask to be included if you haven't already.

And a thank you to Jason as well.   :tu:
🇨🇭

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 03:49:49 PM
Bumping this older thread to see if anyone knows anything about a 2018 Collector Society VSAK.  I was in touch with Jason earlier this year and he told me he put me on the mailing list, but I haven't heard anything. 

Anyone know anything else about VSAKCS?

Thanks,

Myron

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 03:59:13 PM
I'm sure it would be announced on the page...
But nothing so far.

gb Offline stevorinox

Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 05:21:35 PM
The year knives tend to be released at the end of the year - November/December time

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%