Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CRKT Onion Survival Parasaw.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
CRKT Onion Survival Parasaw.
on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:20 PM
I found this a bit interesting. Not to mention, it is the first bracelet of its type that is large enough that I can wear it. Not exactly the most comfortable bracelet around the writs, as it it is a bit stiff. But then, that stiffness is the price you pay for having a handy dandy wire saw with you as well.

The Onion Survival Parasaw will give you 141" of paracord, and a tungsten carbide wire saw.

The major problem with this design, is its a one time use thing. You pick apart the two melted ends of the paracord to unwind and ultimately, extract your wire saw. If you want to use the saw, you have to destroy the bracelet. But then, it is a step above the usual paracord bracelet in functionality.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: CRKT Onion Survival Parasaw.
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:21:13 PM
Chako, thanks for the writeup. :tu:  I often wonder what else they couldn't fit into bracelet nowadays, I have seen whistle, wire, ferro rod, knife, incorporated into the bracelet, and wouldn't it be funny if they could fit in the TV and microwave somedays.  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:50:17 PM
Unless they do great advances in miniaturization, who would want to carry it?  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 11:28:16 PM
I have a bit of a problem accepting this item as anything other than stupid, sorry  :oops:

Wire saws can be prone to corrosion, and therefore it's wise to keep it greased and tabs on the condition of it before you need to rely on it in the field as it were. This .... well, you just can't can you. Until you take the thing apart, you don't know what condition it is in, so when you come to need it, it might be useless

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD