Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army Knights Banner

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Swiss Army Knights Banner
Reply #720 on: May 08, 2017, 05:10:54 PM
Welcome to the SAK Knights AT :salute: :like: :like:

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #721 on: May 08, 2017, 05:19:41 PM
Welcome to the SAK Knights AT :salute: :like: :like:

Thank you!!

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #722 on: May 11, 2017, 03:33:16 AM
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #723 on: May 11, 2017, 03:34:47 AM
I, Spartan19, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
And what better knife than the one that made me a Swiss army loyalist, my old faithful Hiker! :tu:

:like: :like: :like:   Nice!

Welcome, Sir Spartan19!

But it looks like something is wrong the corkscrew on your Camper.  :D :pok: :cheers:

:facepalm: :rofl: Thanks El Corkscrew! :tu:  :cheers:
:salute: :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #724 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:40 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

I like how you converted your StayGlow scales into Plus!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Reply #725 on: May 15, 2017, 07:01:30 PM

Thanks, it took me much of 2012 to do because I don't have much free time anymore. I used end mills designed for plastic in a  hand held Dremel. It would have been faster and easier engraving on a gummy bear. :) I belong to a makerspace that has a wonderful 3D printer and micro mill. At some point I hope to have the time to make a Plus scale program.   I love the nylon Stayglow scales because they are resistant to many common solvents at work. I also have used them as a reading ruler/guide without waking the missus in the wee hours. Amazing how bright they are to night adapted vision.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:27:21 PM by Archibald Tuttle »

us Offline TonySal

Reply #726 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:07 AM

Thanks, it took me much of 2012 to do because I don't have much free time anymore. I used end mills designed for plastic in a  hand held Dremel. It would have been faster and easier engraving on a gummy bear. :) I belong to a makerspace that has a wonderful 3D printer and micro mill. At some point I hope to have the time to make a Plus scale program.   I love the nylon Stayglow scales because they are resistant to many common solvents at work. I also have used them as a reading ruler/guide without waking the missus in the wee hours. Amazing how bright they are to night adapted vision.
...and I have been looking for Sta Glow for my Huntsman, probably the only 'mod' I can do as of now!!  Any source for them (91mm) would be appreciated!   :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Reply #727 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:45 PM
TonySal,  unfortunately I think everyone I know are buying a factory Tinker, Climber, etc. with the SG scales and doing a swap. The usual online auction sites have them, at times , for relatively moderate prices. I really like them and they have endured some harsh treatment from electrical, hvac, and locksmith work. I enjoy using Victorinox products in a context where they don't produce a hazard from using a proper, dedicated, trade derived tool. ( Read as: At every available opportunity :) )

us Offline TonySal

Reply #728 on: May 17, 2017, 12:42:45 AM
Thanks for the idea Archie, Ill keep looking...
 :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

il Offline israelpiper

Reply #729 on: May 26, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

I, ISRAEL PIPER, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #730 on: May 26, 2017, 07:01:25 PM
Arise israelpiper, and go forth into the realm performing feats of chivalric courage and derring do. Stand not aside while injustice is carried out and turn not away whenst foulness stalk the land. Harry foes to Kingdom come and stand up for all that is Good and Right and bear your SAK with Pride and Valour!  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

il Offline israelpiper

Reply #731 on: May 26, 2017, 07:57:40 PM
Arise israelpiper, and go forth into the realm performing feats of chivalric courage and derring do. Stand not aside while injustice is carried out and turn not away whenst foulness stalk the land. Harry foes to Kingdom come and stand up for all that is Good and Right and bear your SAK with Pride and Valour!  :cheers:

I am honoured !

us Offline TonySal

Reply #732 on: May 27, 2017, 04:00:38 AM
TonySal,  unfortunately I think everyone I know are buying a factory Tinker, Climber, etc. with the SG scales and doing a swap. The usual online auction sites have them, at times , for relatively moderate prices. I really like them and they have endured some harsh treatment from electrical, hvac, and locksmith work. I enjoy using Victorinox products in a context where they don't produce a hazard from using a proper, dedicated, trade derived tool. ( Read as: At every available opportunity :) )
Thanks Archie  :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #733 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:59 AM

I am honoured !

Nice!

Welcome, Israel!
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline TonySal

Reply #734 on: June 01, 2017, 10:03:14 PM
I just noticed the Knights coin, any still available?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #735 on: June 01, 2017, 11:18:01 PM
I just noticed the Knights coin, any still available?

Available now but when they are gone, they are gone!

Don't be the only Swiss Army Knight without one!

Def

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #736 on: June 05, 2017, 08:27:56 PM

I am honoured !

Nice!

Welcome, Israel!
As long as you remember to bear your SAK with pride and valour, and not bare your sack with pride and valour, you should be golden.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #737 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:28 PM

I am honoured !

Nice!

Welcome, Israel!
As long as you remember to bear your SAK with pride and valour, and not bare your sack with pride and valour, you should be golden.
:rofl:

Keep it in the trousers!
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #738 on: June 12, 2017, 04:35:46 AM
I, Douglas, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
log (3).jpg
* log (3).jpg (Filesize: 201.8 KB)
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #739 on: June 12, 2017, 05:23:09 AM
Fingers crossed for you, Douglas Fresh. :whistle: :cheers:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #740 on: June 12, 2017, 05:29:04 AM
Been with me almost as long as my wife.  21 years for her and 20 for the SAK.  They're both very patient :imws: or gluttin for punishment :bnghd:, or most likely just plain Crazy :ahhh
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #741 on: June 12, 2017, 07:53:18 PM
Arise D-Fresh. The Realm depends on your chivalry and derring do! Raise your SAK to the sky and proclaim allegience forthwith and for ever after, til the heavens fall and the waters rise ad hominim et cetera a hey nonny no.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #742 on: June 12, 2017, 08:16:54 PM
Congrats Sir Douglas E Fresh!!!!

Pardon the liberties with your name, I find it provocative in an ever-so-fresh way.   :D :cheers:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #743 on: June 13, 2017, 01:12:50 AM
 :cheers:I henceforth humbly arise Sir Douglas E Fresh and goeth out into then land of the broken proclaiming  :viking:the grandure of the SAK and proveth said grendure by the ability to fixeth that wich others have broken with the power of the SAK. :climber:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline TonySal

Reply #744 on: June 13, 2017, 03:50:27 AM
:cheers:I henceforth humbly arise Sir Douglas E Fresh and goeth out into then land of the broken proclaiming  :viking:the grandure of the SAK and proveth said grendure by the ability to fixeth that wich others have broken with the power of the SAK. :climber:
:salute:  :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #745 on: June 13, 2017, 09:14:11 AM

Respek  :salute:  :cheers:  :D

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #746 on: June 13, 2017, 05:53:58 PM

:tu:  :cheers:  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Fellow  :SAKnight:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline TonySal

Reply #747 on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:30 AM

:tu:  :cheers:  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Fellow  :SAKnight:
Welcome Douglas  :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline DEMartin

Reply #748 on: June 23, 2017, 03:29:30 AM
I, DEMartin, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
Pioneer.jpg
* Pioneer.jpg (Filesize: 169.68 KB)
Water, water, every where,
 And all the boards did shrink;
 Water, water, every where,
 Nor any drop to drink.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #749 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:57 AM
Bannered.   :tu: