Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Day hikers, whats in your pack?

Aloha · 39 · 3904

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Day hikers, whats in your pack?
Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 05:33:36 PM
just a knife and your heart is enough...

Talk about ULTRA LIGHT
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 06:42:51 PM
Sounds about right. Not sure my brain would be much help anyways

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 04:23:16 PM
I carry a swiss army camper in my pocket a leatherman rebar on my hip.. in my pack is a 2 liter hydration bladder. a fak. a bear grylls pack it towel. a poncho. a bag of trail mix. a small survival kit. coleman camp soap sheets. a trash bag. a small head lamp from harbor freight. a few chem sticks. a bandana. a compass. spare pair of socks. a small flash light. and of course some beef jerky and a cliff bar! :multi:
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 09:11:42 PM
I carry a swiss army camper in my pocket a leatherman rebar on my hip.. in my pack is a 2 liter hydration bladder. a fak. a bear grylls pack it towel. a poncho. a bag of trail mix. a small survival kit. coleman camp soap sheets. a trash bag. a small head lamp from harbor freight. a few chem sticks. a bandana. a compass. spare pair of socks. a small flash light. and of course some beef jerky and a cliff bar! :multi:

:worthless:

Offline Crocker

Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 10:54:36 PM
I wasn't going to mention this earlier, but it is important. I can safely get along without for hours, but just in case there is a need, I carry extra undershorts and a pad.

Before you are tempted to crack wise, I am a prostate cancer survivor and on occasion I have a little surprise. Cancer is a life changing experience but it doesn't always have to change one's lifestyle. I don't go far without this kind of protection, having promised myself that the damned disease wasn't going to stop me from enjoying my life as I always had.

Fwiw, a good exercise regime has helped with the incontinence immensely. All the more reason to get outside with a pack.

And a reminder, get yourself checked. Early detection is vital to a cure.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:58:27 PM by Crocker »

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 11:02:30 PM
I wasn't going to mention this earlier, but it is important. I can safely get along without for hours, but just in case there is a need, I carry extra undershorts and a pad.

Before you are tempted to crack wise, I am a prostate cancer survivor and on occasion I have a little surprise. Cancer is a life changing experience but it doesn't always have to change one's lifestyle. I don't go far without this kind of protection, having promised myself that the damned disease wasn't going to stop me from enjoying my life as I always had.

Fwiw, a good exercise regime has helped with the incontinence immensely. All the more reason to get outside with a pack.

Good for you mate  :tu: I know a couple of people who have life challenges that could make them the butt of humour from the immature, but they too don't let it get in the way of them living their lives. Doesn't matter if it's pills, pads, dentures, or simply prescription specs or contact lenses, pack what you need, and get out there and live the life you desire.

Hat off to you mate :hatsoff:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:43 AM

Good for you mate  :tu: I know a couple of people who have life challenges that could make them the butt of humour from the immature, but they too don't let it get in the way of them living their lives. Doesn't matter if it's pills, pads, dentures, or simply prescription specs or contact lenses, pack what you need, and get out there and live the life you desire.

I second 50ft's feelings. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 02:55:10 AM

I second 50ft's feelings.

+1000  :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

Offline Crocker

Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:54 PM
Thanks folks. I appreciate that.

Donations

Operational Funds