Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Old Explorer Scissor Spring 560

Full Member Posts: 149 I Can Fix Anything
Old Explorer Scissor Spring
« on: April 23, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »
I have a early 80's Explorer that I just bent the scissor spring on somehow. Seems I remember reading there are different size springs, is that true? Anyone know where the best place to order the correct spring from? I took a quick glance at the bay the other night and saw some sellers selling them in 5 packs but this one lasted 30+ years so I think a single will be enough LOL ::). Thanks in advance

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 22,458 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Old Explorer Scissor Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
It takes the large spring but you have to check if the orig style or new style.....if your scissors have a groove for the spring tip to ride in, it needs the new style spring.

- Robert

Attending ALOX Anonymous meetings since 1983!

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
PS3 hackers should be publicly castrated.
I aim to misbehave.
No Life Club Posts: 1,330
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 07:30:29 PM »
  My 1975 Craftsman (which I got with a broken scissor spring) has a smaller hole and will not fit a modern scissor spring.  I think, in the early '80s was when it was enlarged. 

There are two or three different sized, small for 58mm and large for 91mm and above.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:55 AM »

OK here it is, still not sure which spring to order. Anyone have a seller to recommend I might like to pick up a Vic lanyard at the same time
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »
It takes the large spring but you have to check if the orig style or new style.....if your scissors have a groove for the spring tip to ride in, it needs the new style spring.
Oh I get what you mean, a groove on the inside of the scissor "handle". It does not so I need the original style large.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 22,458 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:54:05 AM »
Oh I get what you mean, a groove on the inside of the scissor "handle". It does not so I need the original style large.

:2tu:   :cheers:

- Robert

Attending ALOX Anonymous meetings since 1983!

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
PS3 hackers should be publicly castrated.
I aim to misbehave.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $98.00
PayPal Fees: $6.19
Net Balance: $91.81
Below Goal: $183.19
Site Currency: USD
33% 
October Donations

Community Links