Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

multitool, knife and light picture thread.

JAfromMn · 585 · 33415

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Re: multitool, knife and light picture thread.
Reply #420 on: February 14, 2018, 08:33:43 AM
:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

[Loneliness mitigation procedure - engaged] :D

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:35:00 AM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #421 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:39 PM
:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

[Loneliness mitigation procedure - engaged] :D

(Image removed from quote.)

good! I'm also preparing for the PX challenge, so most of these will go away soon for 30 long days   :ahhh

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #422 on: February 15, 2018, 12:21:26 AM
Here is another - a bit on the smaller side as far as the knife and mini bear tool.

Dutch-Tooler - good to see you posting an image.

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #423 on: February 15, 2018, 12:27:25 PM
Here is another - a bit on the smaller side as far as the knife and mini bear tool.

Dutch-Tooler - good to see you posting an image.

John.

cute but capable   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #424 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
cute but capable

Yes it is indeed.  The Bear Mini is  likely my most used multitool this winter as I find it is much better than tweezers for picking up small screws and the like.

John.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #425 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:28 AM
Another set of smaller tools.  Leatherman mini in black, small Japan made lockblade and fenix e01:

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #426 on: February 20, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
Another set of smaller tools.  Leatherman mini in black, small Japan made lockblade and fenix e01:

John.

you take such nice pics! I see you're on the edge of Chinese folders, and trying out different styles for your EDC,
there's so much to explore for cheap in there as far as locks, shapes, scale material, etc. :tu:

Sorry about your latest confiscated knife  :P.I never had any problem buying knives from Fasttech or similar places but given the new CBSA rules for 2018 it was no surprise to me

is that the latest MINI!?  :ahhh :salute:
My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #427 on: February 21, 2018, 02:09:27 AM
PeaCent - Thanks for the comments about the photos.  I've really been working on trying to show more detail - lots to learn yet.  My new(ish) DSLR camera is a joy to use and I have a bunch of old lenses to tryout.

That's a mini I bought in a local pawn shop a couple of years ago.  The logo is from a local lumber mill.  It came with an immaculate sheath (but a bit dirty) and the tool has never been used.  The knife is another used one - has a US maker's logo but was made in Japan.  It was a bit abused - I think some people sharpen blades with rough rocks :o  The light has quite a bluish tinge but it lasts a long long time on a rechargeable aaa so I'm not complaining.

No problem with the "missing" knife.  It will eventually get sorted one way or the other.

John.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #428 on: February 21, 2018, 02:10:48 AM
I just want to add that SteveC has helped me with a number of hints towards better posting of photos - it is greatly appreciated.  I take credit for the screwups and credit him for the better photos :D

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #429 on: February 21, 2018, 01:13:05 PM

That's a mini I bought in a local pawn shop a couple of years ago.  The logo is from a local lumber mill.  It came with an immaculate sheath (but a bit dirty) and the tool has never been used.  The knife is another used one - has a US maker's logo but was made in Japan.  It was a bit abused - I think some people sharpen blades with rough rocks :o  The light has quite a bluish tinge but it lasts a long long time on a rechargeable aaa so I'm not complaining.

John.

Fenix lights are so popular everywhere...I'll have to get one someday! AAA is my favorite type too :tu:

the knife is very similar to an aitor I had, in shape, size and features. What company is it from? Do I read "Sport" on the blade, and if so, it's the knife's model/name? Looks a lot like some old Gerbers.  :think:

Your pics are very nice, honestly. Keep on honing your technique and you'll become a very skilled photographer  :salute:
My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #430 on: February 21, 2018, 03:48:07 PM
PeaCent - regarding the small knife - it reads "Super Sport" on the blade - that is quite a faint engraving and I believe I polished some scratches out of that area which made it even fainter.
One side of the base of the blade reads "Valor Miami U.S.A." and the other side reads "440 Stainless Japan 314".  It's quite a small knife - about 7.5 cm long closed.  It has been abused but is still quite solid.  It's another example of a very inexpensive but good quality knife located in a thrift store.

I have three fenix lights and they are seemingly indestructible.

Thanks for the comments about the photos.  We have a lot of snow and it's cold (-19C this morning) so I haven't ventured very far to take them in more interesting locations.

John.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #431 on: February 23, 2018, 12:01:57 AM
Another with my "standard" backdrop.  Almost vintage - Mr. Pinchy, Opinel and 2aa minimag (not the led version).

John.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #432 on: February 23, 2018, 01:16:25 AM
Another with my "standard" backdrop.  Almost vintage - Mr. Pinchy, Opinel and 2aa minimag (not the led version).

John.

Nice pic !  you should submit it for the calendar  :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #433 on: February 23, 2018, 11:53:05 AM

John.

+1   I second that.   :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #434 on: February 23, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

John.

+1   I second that.   :like:

:like: third that!
My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #435 on: February 25, 2018, 04:16:22 PM
My last photo wasn't with Mr. Pinchy - actually it was an MP400.

Another with the "standard" backdrop - it's starting to warm up here so I may soon have other choices :D

Will post the previous photo to the calendar section - thanks for the encouragement, SteveC, Zoidberg and ThePeacent.

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #436 on: February 25, 2018, 05:08:17 PM
My last photo wasn't with Mr. Pinchy - actually it was an MP400.

Another with the "standard" backdrop - it's starting to warm up here so I may soon have other choices :D

Will post the previous photo to the calendar section - thanks for the encouragement, SteveC, Zoidberg and ThePeacent.

John.

how do you like that Byrd?
I've been very happy with the two I have  :salute:
My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #437 on: February 25, 2018, 05:19:00 PM
I like the Byrd - it's a Robin so a bit on the small side but quite well made.  For my purposes the steel takes a nice edge and is relatively easy to sharpen.

John.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #438 on: March 02, 2018, 12:36:55 AM
Finally a different venue for my tool, knife and light:

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #439 on: March 02, 2018, 12:23:14 PM
Finally a different venue for my tool, knife and light:

John.

cool   :like:

I'm down to the three basics as well, PX is my multitool through the challenge though   :D

My toys:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #440 on: March 03, 2018, 01:18:31 PM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #441 on: March 08, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #442 on: March 08, 2018, 03:52:05 PM
Great images ThePeacent and Hiraethus.

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #443 on: March 20, 2018, 04:59:23 PM
pocket pouch

and pockets carry

My toys:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #444 on: March 20, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

Those little alox minichamps are gorgeous once they get a bit used aren't they?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #445 on: March 24, 2018, 01:42:47 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #446 on: April 01, 2018, 01:51:10 PM

My toys:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #447 on: April 10, 2018, 04:20:04 AM
Wow... didn’t know there is this thread...

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #448 on: April 10, 2018, 12:50:14 PM
Today’s...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #449 on: April 10, 2018, 01:59:05 PM
 :like:
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62