Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hows your belt holding up?

Aloha · 84 · 7797

de Offline Lichtbote

Re: Hows your belt holding up?
Reply #60 on: July 21, 2015, 09:34:21 AM
I mainly use the wooven german army belts - adjust, snap, stays.

One of them is even my 1989 issued, when i joined the troops. It´s only missing the most of it´s olivegreen color from it´s brass parts, due to the years of use. Otherwise it´s going strong as on it´s first day.

Not the 2" one that is used over your field dress to carry your water bottle, shovel, and magazines (it´s build the same way, just wider) - the 1 1/4" one to hold up your pants. This variant is availabe in olivegreen wooven belt with olivegreen painted brass buckle, and for the formal suit in black leather with silver buckle.

2 weeks ago i additional bought 2 replicas of it, a wooven green, and a wooven black with black painted buckle (a color that is not issued by the army). Time´s gonna tell how they will perform.
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: July 25, 2015, 12:52:26 AM
Nylon Tactical belt at work with Nylon sheath 4 years, no worries (The one before that the buckle snapped, for non-carry related reasons)

Leather belt off duty with leather sheath 8 years, no worries.

Maybe you are doing it wrong?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 11:31:17 PM
Lets get this thread going again.

Finally got a new belt.

I'm the milk man!

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #64 on: January 05, 2016, 12:05:01 AM
Lets get this thread going again.

Finally got a new belt.

Yeah let's get this going!! Nice one capt, just my size too, lol.. :D
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: January 05, 2016, 12:26:58 AM
I thought I posted on these, guess not, maybe under a diff topic? Anyway, the first one I saw and just thought it was awesome, a jump belt but also with a little unique pouch on the side(inside) and the other I won off of Facebook from bison, it's ok but, not the best, but ok..
JR

As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #66 on: January 06, 2016, 02:02:34 AM
I finally got a new belt in the mail today.  After losing 60 lbs I have gone through a couple cheapos, and a few days ago I ordered a new Carhartt Journeymans belt.  I've had two of these in the past, and the only reason I needed a new one was the old one was waaaay too big.  These belts are the best ever, they hold up for so long that you really have to search for a reason to get a new one.  And at just under $30 shipped, it's a hell of a value.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: January 06, 2016, 02:07:35 AM
Hey brother congrats on such a big weight loss  :tu:.
Esse Quam Videri

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: January 06, 2016, 02:18:14 AM
Hey brother congrats on such a big weight loss  :tu:.
+1 :tu:
JR

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #69 on: January 06, 2016, 05:20:23 AM
Thanks!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #70 on: January 07, 2016, 07:49:21 AM
I finally got a new belt in the mail today.  After losing 60 lbs I have gone through a couple cheapos, and a few days ago I ordered a new Carhartt Journeymans belt.  I've had two of these in the past, and the only reason I needed a new one was the old one was waaaay too big.  These belts are the best ever, they hold up for so long that you really have to search for a reason to get a new one.  And at just under $30 shipped, it's a hell of a value.

First, congrats mate that's great.   :salute:   :salute:   Second, I'm going the other way, send me your old belts.   :facepalm:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #71 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:22 PM

First, congrats mate that's great.   :salute:   :salute:   Second, I'm going the other way, send me your old belts.   :facepalm:

Lol. That's funny I don't care who you are.

Well maybe not so much if you are Lobby.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #72 on: January 07, 2016, 03:17:02 PM

Hey! I have feelings too...                     ...bahaha nar whatever.   :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #73 on: January 07, 2016, 03:18:49 PM

Maggie will give you a hug if you need it. He is into all that kindness and the like.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #74 on: January 07, 2016, 03:44:30 PM

Maggie will give you a hug if you need it. He is into all that kindness and the like.

Do you need a hug ZMan? Don't worry about what that nasty Harley says. He just wishes Mo would be more tender with him. That's why he's all crabby.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: January 08, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Do you need a hug ZMan? Don't worry about what that nasty Harley says. He just wishes Mo would be more tender with him. That's why he's all crabby.

Umm... I just need a bigger belt.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: January 08, 2016, 03:02:21 PM
I think I need to get the wife a belt, before all she would wear were sweats, but we got her into her diet and she started losing weight(over 150lbs so far)and shes got back into her jeans, but now the old jeans are getting loose and soon going to start to fall,, so maybe I should talk her into getting a belt..
JR

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #77 on: January 08, 2016, 05:49:52 PM
I recommend the belt.  I hate it when my pants fall down.   :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #78 on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:30 AM
I recommend the belt.  I hate it when my pants fall down.   :D

Meh I am ambivalent. Pants are overrated.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #79 on: January 09, 2016, 06:55:45 AM
After recent discussions, I'm wondering if this thread title shouldn't be revised to "How much is your belt holding up?"

:D

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #80 on: January 09, 2016, 07:47:23 AM
After recent discussions, I'm wondering if this thread title shouldn't be revised to "How much is your belt holding up?"

Or to "just what does your belt hold up" whether it be just pants or a Multitool, a flashlight, a phone, or even a sidearm?
JR

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #81 on: January 09, 2016, 08:33:52 PM

Or to "just what does your belt hold up" whether it be just pants or a Multitool, a flashlight, a phone, or even a sidearm?
JR

I was thinking more about the part that hangs over the belt (or not), often created by beer and pizza :D

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #82 on: January 09, 2016, 11:47:15 PM

JR

I was thinking more about the part that hangs over the belt (or not), often created by beer and pizza :D
Not the part the belt sits on in the back? :whistle: lol
JR

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: January 10, 2016, 12:03:01 AM

JR

Not the part the belt sits on in the back? :whistle: lol
JR

:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56