Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Leatherman Charge Models

joebw · 16 · 4117

Offline joebw

New Leatherman Charge Models
on: January 04, 2007, 12:45:47 AM
Charge Fans,

Time for a small loan.  The Leatherman store is showing the Leatherman Charge AL, ALX and TTi in stock (albeit in quantities of less than 50).  Cabela's Spring Master Catalog arrived today showing the TTi in Seclusion 3D Camo.  Oh well, it's only money and the SHOT Show is next week. :D

Cheers - Joe

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: New Leatherman Charge Models
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:40:10 AM
Money?  What's that?  It's been so long since I had any I can't quite picture it...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline SoDak

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:26:26 AM
Cabelas's site lists the tti and alx, but they don't have them in stock. Midsouth lists the AL, ALX, and TTi as being in stock. I just can't wait for the TI and XTI to go on sale so I can nab one of those.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:32:34 AM
I am kinda looking at the TTi myself, but I imagine it's going to be a bit hefty for my meager income.  I'll have to talk to my contacts at LM and see if I can wrangle one for a review here on the site!

I doubt I will get anywhere, but I can try!  >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Perfectionist

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:44 AM
Seeing as I lost my Ti over Christmas ..... I cant wait for the TTi !! :D

Offline SoDak

Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 03:09:00 PM

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 01:39:12 AM
Hmmmmm......I guess I hadn't looked closely enough to notice before; it appears that Leatherman has done away with the Torx fasteners on both the AL and ALX models. (The TTi still uses Torx)

I can't clearly see what type of pivot screws they are now........maybe the old Leatherman knurled screws?

* Leatherman Charge AL.jpg (Filesize: 18.75 KB)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 01:41:56 AM by J-sews »
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 04:40:44 AM

* chargeALclosed.jpg (Filesize: 13.06 KB)

Offline 1stAndOnly

• New User
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 05:22:27 AM
It is with sincerest gratitude I write my first and last post:  I have used the cumulative knowledge of this forum to form the basis, over the last 3 months, to reach the decision to purchase what I consider the best (not ideal) representation of my EDC multitool needs.  This resulted in a Leatherman Charge TTI as shown below delivered to my doorstep this morning.  J-sews, Munch and Defender, I want to thank you for your invaluable wisdom and at times surprising humor.  If you have ever wondered to yourselves why you donate so much time to such an innocuous endeavor – it is for the people of the world who, like me, you have helped make their life a little more efficient, easier, and gratifying.  Again, I thank you and wish this forum, one of the most professional and insightful I’ve visited the best of luck in the future.  It has been a pleasure…

* Charge TTI (Small).JPG (Filesize: 27.26 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 02:04:40 PM
Greetings sir!
We've wondered who you were...that quiet fellow who always sat in the back row and didn't say anything. Good to finally meet you! And congrats on a fine new toy you have there; I hadn't realized the TTi was already shipping. I'm sure you'll love it, especially the one-hand opening knife blades.

We do appreciate your kind words, and if you ever change your mind and decide to submit another post, we certainly won't hold it against you!

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 04:48:36 PM
You know, I started this site, and SOSAKOnline, plus I moderate the SOSAK forum at KF, and while most days I really love what I do, there are inevitably some days that I start to wonder if there really is any point to any of it.

Then, sooner or later, I read a post like yours and I know that everything we do is worth it to someone.  Thanks for justifying the time and money I spend on this place!  And, like Bob says, we not only won't hold it against you, we'll even change your name for you to reflect continued participation!

Of course, I hope you are happy with your tool, and if you'd like to submit a full sized copy of that pic to me at admin@multitool.org, I'd like to put it on the main site in a new gallery we are creating, for all to see.

Def

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 06:07:42 PM
1stAndOnly,

I am honored to be included in such fine company as J-sews & Defender.  Stick around & let us know how you like your new tool & what your EDC progression is.

Tom

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:44:33 PM
J-sews maybe, but watch that Defender guy... you can't trust him- he's Canadian!  :laugh:

Def

Offline Perfectionist

Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 05:42:26 AM
Sweet !! Now don't just sit there ...... tell us about the TTi !! (great choice by the way!)

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 06:03:01 AM
*waving from the back row*  ???

That David guy never gets mention....course he is never around here enough to enjoy the fame and fortune around here  :-\

David

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 06:05:31 AM
Seriously, Congrats on the new tool, I have the XTi and find it invaluable in my EDC. Lately I have been leaning more in the micro tool direction, more for testing purposes but I still prefer the satifaction of a well made leatherman.

The TTi's and the new ALX's should be great as well.

David

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD