Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Work Boots

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Work Boots
Reply #150 on: October 07, 2016, 06:25:40 PM
Here are my Thorogood and new Merrils.
IMG_1616 (1) copy.jpg
* IMG_1616 (1) copy.jpg (Filesize: 149.81 KB)
IMG_1617 copy.jpg
* IMG_1617 copy.jpg (Filesize: 167.09 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #151 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:20 PM
New page banana man dance.     :nanadance:   :nanadance:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #152 on: October 08, 2016, 01:58:47 PM
Are those Merrils steel toe? They look comfortable

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #153 on: October 08, 2016, 05:41:02 PM
if they are the ones I owned, which they look like, they are not steel toed, but yes they are fantastically comfortable. One of if not the most comforatable hiking boot I've ever owned ever! They held up very well too for not being work boot build. They are breathable and bendable and the sole and ankle support were all perfect (for me). I seriously can't say enough good positive things about them. Wondering if aloha had the same experience?

Two thumbs up  :tu: :tu:

Ps. I just got my first pair of Sorels, now that I live in Oregon. I'll post pis when I get them out of the box  :mail:  :D  :drool:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:42:11 PM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #154 on: October 09, 2016, 12:27:58 AM

Not steel toed.  Yes they are very comfortable. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #155 on: October 09, 2016, 12:32:00 AM
if they are the ones I owned, which they look like, they are not steel toed, but yes they are fantastically comfortable. One of if not the most comforatable hiking boot I've ever owned ever! They held up very well too for not being work boot build. They are breathable and bendable and the sole and ankle support were all perfect (for me). I seriously can't say enough good positive things about them. Wondering if aloha had the same experience?

Two thumbs up  :tu: :tu:

Ps. I just got my first pair of Sorels, now that I live in Oregon. I'll post pis when I get them out of the box  :mail:  :D  :drool:

I concur.   This is my second pair, well third but the second was given to me by my friend and sadly they were too small.  I sent them to Slaughter.  I decided to get them again as I wore my last pair to work for over 3 years plus out and about.  Beat the living daylights out of them.  I'd recommend these to anyone who is looking for a quality hiking/work/puttering around town boot. 
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #156 on: October 09, 2016, 08:00:23 AM
Can choose between 3 brands which my boss pays for.
Red Brick, GRI Sport, and some weird name.

Of all 3, GRI fits me best.
Been using that brand for about 5 years now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G388F met Tapatalk

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #157 on: October 09, 2016, 08:51:01 PM
SORELS!!!  :drool: :drool: :drool:

And they are sooo comforatable!!
IMG_0714.JPG
* IMG_0714.JPG (Filesize: 409.59 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #158 on: October 09, 2016, 09:24:44 PM

Those do look quite stylisch...

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #159 on: October 09, 2016, 09:36:01 PM

Indeed. Very stylish and lightweight, yet durable and breathable where they need to be. I'm very pleased with these boots!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #160 on: October 10, 2016, 06:57:33 AM

Indeed. Very stylish and lightweight, yet durable and breathable where they need to be. I'm very pleased with these boots!

Cannot really ask for much more in a boot.  They look great. 

:like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #161 on: October 14, 2016, 02:27:01 AM
I received both boots. Both pairs fit very well surprisingly. The Chippewa's are going back for replacement. Both boots on the Chippewa's are making a popping noise and feel. I thought it may be the insole, but I removed them and walked around and the problem is still there. I think the outsoles were not glued properly which if I am correct is a huge issue.

If it's not one thing it's always another.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #162 on: October 19, 2016, 01:44:17 AM

I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #163 on: October 19, 2016, 01:47:08 AM
These are the boots. Pics pulled online.

Chippewa Apache, Chocolate.

Ariat Easy Street.

I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #164 on: October 19, 2016, 05:33:17 AM
Those Ariat boots look awesome, snazzy if I do say.  I like the color of the other boots very much as well as that particular style.  I sure hope you come away with a pair that'll work for you. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #165 on: October 23, 2016, 05:40:16 AM
Im so smurfing pissed. I just waited another week for the replacements and they show up CLEARLY have been used and returned. Why do I even try?  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #166 on: October 23, 2016, 06:19:30 AM
My work requires going in and out of machine shops, so steel toes are required. Before being a CNC programmer, I ran machines in 12-hour night shift. I swore by 6" Timberland Pro boots bought at Sears and still do. I prefer the TiTAN models with the soft removable insoles. I remember a pair lasted me about 1-1.5 years, mostly with the outsoles and insoles getting worn out, and those really got me thru the 12 hours standing without fatigue. I get $50 shoe reimbursement every year, so my cost was not that bad. My last Timberland pair were the Everguard Trax model (https://www.amazon.com/Timberland-PRO-53525-Steel-Steel-Toe/dp/B000XEG1DI). The comfort was as great as the TiTAN, but the upper leather cracks. All Timberland work boots have been great fit to me. I love the roomy toe boxes. I have flat feet, but the 11 Medium fits me well. Those with narrower feet may find their feet sliding in these boots.

My current pair are 6" Red Wing. Very comfortable, but they better be when I shelled out over $200 for them. Luckily, that was a good time at my work place when everybody got $200 credit to be used for shoes that year. When I am done with the Red Wing, I probably go back to Timberland PRO TiTAN.  :tu:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:26:28 AM by chrono »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #167 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:35 AM
Well the Ariats are already done in :facepalm: I did wear these boots for a few (three maybe) years before turning them into work boots, so I got plenty of use just not hard use out of them ;) but they only lasted 4 months on the job :o I am bad to run them over to one side and they went fast because I was walking on concrete quite a bit :ahhh I am now wearing some Justin round toed pull on boots with Ariat insoles :cheers: Felt a lot better today and I will see how long that I get out of these :cheers: I am hoping for at least 6 months or longer but that is usually how long they last me :-\ Got to get some more boots now :D Black Friday hopefully will have some good sales and I bring home at least one pair :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #168 on: November 08, 2016, 07:10:52 AM
You must have some boot graveyard.  The good thing is you getting several year in those boots before designating them work boots.  I'll be ready to buy another pair of boots here soon.  Mine are doing great but I don't want to wait for them to need replacing before I get into another pair. 

I'll have to review this thread and begin my search. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #169 on: November 08, 2016, 07:33:04 AM
I forgot to mention it but i had to get a second replacement pair of the Chippewa's and that one was used as well.  I was not to happy but all said and done I returned two pair's. Kept the third, and got a full refund. So i got the Chippewa's for free!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #170 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:03 PM
I forgot to mention it but i had to get a second replacement pair of the Chippewa's and that one was used as well.  I was not to happy but all said and done I returned two pair's. Kept the third, and got a full refund. So i got the Chippewa's for free!

Glad to hear that they backed there product Cap :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #171 on: November 08, 2016, 08:56:40 PM
You must have some boot graveyard.  The good thing is you getting several year in those boots before designating them work boots.  I'll be ready to buy another pair of boots here soon.  Mine are doing great but I don't want to wait for them to need replacing before I get into another pair. 

I'll have to review this thread and begin my search.

Usually when I wear them out there is no other use for them (I have tried ;) ) so if they have laces worth saving (these don't) I take those out and check the insoles for any life left and then they are headed for the trash unfortunately :-\ I have another pair being broken in now as well as the pair I have on :cheers: Need to get another pair to replace the ones I am breaking in or else I will run out :ahhh :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #172 on: February 09, 2017, 05:17:50 PM
UPDATE.

I've had my boots now since July 2016 and I'm still very stoked I made the decision to get these.  These boots continue to be incredibly comfortable on the many surfaces I'm on throughout the day.  I'm on my feel anywhere from a few hours to 12 and at no time have my feet felt sore. 

As you can see the outside sole is wearing which is typical of how my shoes wear.  The leather has been flawless and also incredible comfortable.  I initially "heard" the shoestrings were an issue  :think: not on mine so you can see I'm still running them.

They're drying now as I've finally put the protectant pictured on which has darkened the boots.  I don't mind the darker color at all.  I'll report back on the product but from everything I've read online it should perform very well. 

I like the boots so much that I pulled the trigger on a second pair tho different style, 814 4266.  I hope these are as awesome as the ones I have. 

Hope your boots are all treating you well and your feet are as happy as mine. 

IMG_2271.JPG
* IMG_2271.JPG (Filesize: 277.5 KB)
IMG_2272.JPG
* IMG_2272.JPG (Filesize: 211.33 KB)
IMG_2273.JPG
* IMG_2273.JPG (Filesize: 309.95 KB)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:19:02 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #173 on: February 11, 2017, 05:51:23 AM
They are looking good and glad to hear that they are still doing great Aloha :cheers: :cheers: :like:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #174 on: February 11, 2017, 06:29:11 AM
Looking good!

My Irish Setters are still going strong. The heel is starting to wear on the inside and they need new insoles. Still a year or two left in them though.

The Chippewa's are excellent. They are not waterproof and definitely not winter boots so they have not been getting work duty yet. Maybe when the summer rolls around.

The Ariat's have seen very little foot time compared to the others, but enough to have broken them in.

I will try and get some pics later.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #175 on: February 11, 2017, 07:10:54 AM
Great to hear Capt.   :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #176 on: February 11, 2017, 07:11:52 AM
They are looking good and glad to hear that they are still doing great Aloha :cheers: :cheers: :like:

Pretty stoked they worked out.  I should get the new pair next week.  I'm excited to see if they are as comfortable as the ones I have. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #177 on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
Boots came in  :mail:

I am again very impressed with Thorogood boots.  The boots are gorgeous and flawless as far as I can see so far.  I gave them a good look over and I cannot find a thing wrong.  They are so darn comfortable and ready to wear.  I am going to treat them first then enjoy them as I've been enjoying my other boots from Thorogood. 

I love the black bottom and color of these boots very much

What I will say is while I've never had Red Wings I can say I am not ready to part with over $200 and then have to have sore feet till they break in.  Sure they very well may last a good long while but at this point not my cup of tea.  For these 2 pairs Paid $300.  I also had no/zero break in time and the first pair is incredibly comfortable. 

I AM NOT KNOCKING RW I'm just saying I cannot at this point see myself wanting to go thru a break in period.  I work on my feet so these are work boots not kicking around town boots.  I cannot afford to be in any discomfort while working on my feet. 

I may at some point give RW a go but I've now got 2 pair of boots that will need to die first.
IMG_2332.JPG
* IMG_2332.JPG (Filesize: 280.06 KB)
IMG_2333.JPG
* IMG_2333.JPG (Filesize: 169.75 KB)
IMG_2334.JPG
* IMG_2334.JPG (Filesize: 264.5 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #178 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:10 PM
Those look nice.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #179 on: February 16, 2017, 06:35:50 PM
Those look nice.

Yeah I think so too.  They are pretty standard style however the comfort is WOW.  My Merrills arent even this comfy. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD