Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Work Boots

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Work Boots
Reply #180 on: February 17, 2017, 10:52:14 PM
Those look great Aloha 8) I love the color of the leather and the bottoms :dd: :like: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #181 on: February 17, 2017, 11:23:35 PM
Thanks.  Pretty happy with the FnF as well as the comfort.  Only my Ugg slippers are more comfy but then again being a slippers at home is always more comfy  :D
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #182 on: March 07, 2017, 12:16:26 AM
Congrats Aloha, those are some Sweet looking boots !

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #183 on: April 13, 2017, 12:00:48 AM
5.11 ATAC 6in. Been using these last couple of years. On my second pair at the moment.
511.jpg
* 511.jpg (Filesize: 44.61 KB)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

ph Offline carboncopy101

Reply #184 on: April 16, 2017, 05:01:49 PM
Anyone here have experience with Altama? Specifically the jungle II? Looks like it will last me a long time but never really worn combat boots in civilian and for day to day use.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #185 on: April 29, 2017, 12:07:12 AM
Here they are all cleaned up ready for the day. 

These boots continue to be incredibly comfortable and one of the best boot purchases I've made in a long time. 
IMG_2823.JPG
* IMG_2823.JPG (Filesize: 179.43 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #186 on: April 29, 2017, 11:56:25 AM
Here they are all cleaned up ready for the day. 

These boots continue to be incredibly comfortable and one of the best boot purchases I've made in a long time.

I love the looks of those boots mate. :drool:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #187 on: April 29, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
Thanks.  They are also aging well as I come up on a year.  The longest span of time in them so far has been 13 hours and while my old body was not happy my feet were no worse for wear. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:47:42 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #188 on: May 08, 2017, 03:56:51 AM
They continue to look great at almost the 1 year mark as well :o :like: :like:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #189 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
Some 20 years ago when I was plowing snow for a local excavator who had a contract with a nearby town, I bought some new Dickies Branders workbooks with Thinsulate. I *still* wear them. I don't wear them to work every day as I am not in the trades, but I do wear them whenever I have to work on a car or truck, or help someone move, shovel snow, or do any heavy lifting or serious work of any kind.

Anyone else have probably put them down a long time ago, but I just keep wearing them as needed. Besides, can't get new Dickies Branders with Thinsulate anymore.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #190 on: January 02, 2018, 05:23:53 AM
And I can't post a pic because the file is too large

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #191 on: January 07, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
Boots are going strong.  I can feel the foot pads are wearing as they are not a wonderful as when new.  I cleaned them up the other day and they look great IMO.  I"ll post up a picture later.  These darn boots I got are really the cats meow. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #192 on: January 07, 2018, 04:36:01 PM
So since I started this thread many moons ago, still haven't grabbed new work boots... The cheap Timberlands are still hanging on... by a thread. Soles have split from how much walking I've done in them. And they look pretty terrible. But on multiple occasions they saved my feet, so for the money they've been plenty worth it.

Going to buy a pair of Chippewas next pay check, something a little more on the dressy side as I'm not doing as much blue collar work now unfortunately. Also have a pair of Doc Marten dress boots now, they are very comfortable
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #193 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:59 PM
My work boots are still going strong.  I'll post up a picture soon.  I did get a different treatment for them or other leather items. 
IMG_4515.jpg
* IMG_4515.jpg (Filesize: 148.49 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #194 on: February 26, 2018, 04:16:29 PM
Just a update. I have a few pairs of Redwings and Irish Setters. I have one pair of Irish Setters I wear almost every day wether at work or at home. Been wearing them daily for over two years and they are still my go to boots. The heel is torn up on the inside but never the less they are going strong.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #195 on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:26 PM
Here are my boots in their current uncleaned condition.  I have been so happy with them I can honestly suggest them to anyone.  I've been pretty good at keeping up with them.  When I am busy I do tend to neglect them a bit.  Super happy and a great purchase for me. 
IMG_4516.jpg
* IMG_4516.jpg (Filesize: 203.76 KB)
IMG_4517.jpg
* IMG_4517.jpg (Filesize: 221.62 KB)
IMG_4518.jpg
* IMG_4518.jpg (Filesize: 171.94 KB)
IMG_4519.jpg
* IMG_4519.jpg (Filesize: 200.78 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #196 on: March 03, 2018, 11:58:38 AM
Sno seal is very good stuff :like: :like: and those boots are wearing very nicely :tu: I don't know if I put it or not but I am wearing Muck brand leather work boots (started wearing them in October) :tu: They have kept my feet warm and dry all winter long and I am very happy with them :like: Hope to get at least til Spring out of them :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #197 on: March 03, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
Muck, I've heard of that brand.  You have a bit more weather than I do.  I do like the added protection these type products add to my boots.  Glad you had warm dry feet.  I do not like my feet to be sloshing about in shoes. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #198 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:54 PM
Here are my boots in their current uncleaned condition.  I have been so happy with them I can honestly suggest them to anyone.  I've been pretty good at keeping up with them.  When I am busy I do tend to neglect them a bit.  Super happy and a great purchase for me.

Those are nice boots but that type of tread wouldn't have enough traction for our weather.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #199 on: March 03, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

Those are nice boots but that type of tread wouldn't have enough traction for our weather.

Hillsound trail crampon ultra might help with that
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #200 on: March 14, 2018, 02:54:46 AM

Working in mud so much I tend to prefer boots with very little tread (so the mud doesn't stick to much to the bottom) :salute: but if I were to work in snow and ice more then I would prefer more tread for sure :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #201 on: March 14, 2018, 02:57:07 AM

Hillsound trail crampon ultra might help with that

Had to look that up :whistle: but yes those would definitely make walking on any surface more traction-able :D

us Offline Pacu

Reply #202 on: December 08, 2019, 04:31:51 AM
I went from wearing Merrells  while doing AV installs to wearing Red Wings in an industrial herbicide and turf management corporation. The chemicals we let loose are very destructive to boots. If we get a year out of our boots we are lucky. We get a 200 dollar boot allowance every year. My Redwings were super comfy and waterproof. Only problem is the sole is starting to separate. Shoe goo and some Aqua seal seems to help for a while but they are on borrowed time.
I wear size 16 and redwing has my size in stock usually. Should I go back with tried and true or try another brand? I've been looking into something with a Goodyear welt to keep the sole on .

I need something that is narrow, composite toe, lace up , chemical resistant, and big enough for my big feet. Something like ole school Vasque Sundowners but with an commercial flair.  ::) ::)
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #203 on: December 08, 2019, 05:53:02 AM
I went from wearing Merrells  while doing AV installs to wearing Red Wings in an industrial herbicide and turf management corporation. The chemicals we let loose are very destructive to boots. If we get a year out of our boots we are lucky. We get a 200 dollar boot allowance every year. My Redwings were super comfy and waterproof. Only problem is the sole is starting to separate. Shoe goo and some Aqua seal seems to help for a while but they are on borrowed time.
I wear size 16 and redwing has my size in stock usually. Should I go back with tried and true or try another brand? I've been looking into something with a Goodyear welt to keep the sole on .

I need something that is narrow, composite toe, lace up , chemical resistant, and big enough for my big feet. Something like ole school Vasque Sundowners but with an commercial flair.  ::) ::)
Size 16, holy crap Bigfoot, Merrells if im not mistake I didn’t like because the arch was so high, but I went all out on redwings and ended up returning them and went with I think carolina’s, would have still had them if I didn’t lose them in the move, so since I only needed a cheap pair for like doing shoveling I just got a pair of my old high school boots, Herman survivors,, if they were going to be a everyday boot then I probably went back to the carolinas
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #204 on: December 08, 2019, 12:00:13 PM
  I have a pair of Thorogood 1957, with a waterproof liner. Figured it would give me a tad bit of insulation. Since I spend most of my time on hard surfaces I went with the wedge sole, which does not have a lot of traction - and they are a tad heavier in the soles compared to cheap Asian garbage that only lasts a year.

Figure would get them as a b-day present to myself, and set me back a good weekly paycheck. While they may not be like walking on a cloud, they are definitely far more comfortable than anything I wore on cement floors yet!
Show content
I weigh 385# too, so that has to be taken into account.
Thorogood does make an outdoor boot with traction, they are not a wedge sole though. SO when the snow and ice fly I'll probably be sliding around some, though I have a pair of YackTrax here somewhere. Will have to dig them out.

Put some toe scuff guards that are beast! These things aren't coming off.

Gotta luv selfy shots with an smartphone. :rofl: Took a lot of photos to get that last shot at the end. :angel:

PS: Spoiled myself for my 59th bday: Boots, Tread, and reluctantly the Spirit X. I did go with a size 14 wide, when I normally would of gone with a 13 wide. Was at a 3rd party podiatrist who said I was at a 13 1/2 to 14, so that stuck with me. The left foot is a bit longer, but I have toe room in these moc toes!! Though they were tight for a few days, the heels are a tad wider that I would of liked. Yet... these were made in the USA and are resolable.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:07:58 PM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #205 on: December 08, 2019, 03:21:30 PM
 :like: :iagree:

Thorogood boots are very comfy.  I have two pair and love them.  I'm ready to resole one finally.  As far as a recommendation I highly suggest Thorogood PACU. 

As a side note, if you've found boots you like I'd probably stay with those.  I thought RedWings were rebuildable? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Pacu

Reply #206 on: March 04, 2020, 02:01:03 AM
Just bought a pair of Thorogood waterproof loggers for work. My Redwings blew out today.  :facepalm:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #207 on: March 04, 2020, 02:01:53 AM
Size 16s are hard to come by, BTW.  ::) ::)  Thorogoods run big so size 15 works this time  :tu: :tu:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #208 on: March 29, 2020, 09:27:49 PM
Mrs just got a new pair of Mongrel Zipsiders

They're a fairly good shoe. They don't last forever, but they're comfortable and do for daily wear at work. (I used to wear the same brand before I got elitist and weird)

Plus they're Australian owned and made, so I guess that's nice...

us Offline Pacu

Reply #209 on: March 30, 2020, 03:09:05 AM
Thorogood Waterproof Loggers

The first couple of weeks were rough breaking in but now they are getting comfy.

20200329_195534

20200329_195549

20200329_195626

My old blown out Redwings after a year  :cry:

They were very comfortable , stayed waterproof for about 6 months then Vista herbicide got a hold of them. Nasty stuff.

20200329_195656

20200329_195705

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24