Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Work Boots

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Work Boots
Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
Why is it so hard for me to find a pair of boots?!  :poh:  I have been trying on boots of all sorts for the past 2 weeks and can't find anything I want. When I finally do find a boot I think I want they do not have them in my size. When they ordered they the company cannot get the boots to the shop because of the dock worker strike.  :rant: I'm losing steam trying to find a dang pair of boots.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 01:38:29 AM
Why is it so hard for me to find a pair of boots?!  :poh:  I have been trying on boots of all sorts for the past 2 weeks and can't find anything I want. When I finally do find a boot I think I want they do not have them in my size. When they ordered they the company cannot get the boots to the shop because of the dock worker strike.  :rant: I'm losing steam trying to find a dang pair of boots.

I think my bro wears a 16  :think: and has a heck of a time as well.  Good luck Capt, your sure to get squared away soon enough. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 02:18:34 AM

I think my bro wears a 16  :think: and has a heck of a time as well.  Good luck Capt, your sure to get squared away soon enough.

I wear a 10 normally and I feel like I have a really tough time finding anything in my size because its very common and everyone buys them up.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 02:22:11 AM
Newest thing at school is to make fun of guys for wearing work boots :think:. Yeah sorry I don't want to wear LL Bean boots and skinny jeans like all of you guys :facepalm:. They don't work nearly as well when stupid smurfs leave me with the need to skillfully place said boot in a rather specific spot(if you get what I mean)
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 02:35:15 AM
Newest thing at school is to make fun of guys for wearing work boots :think:. Yeah sorry I don't want to wear LL Bean boots and skinny jeans like all of you guys :facepalm:. They don't work nearly as well when stupid smurfs leave me with the need to skillfully place said boot in a rather specific spot(if you get what I mean)

Where I live everyone wears boots because everyone works.  ;)
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 02:37:32 AM

As do I when I'm not in school, I just have very minimal patience for stupid people....

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 02:41:32 AM
Yeah, mess with the guys at school with steel toes

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: February 26, 2015, 02:44:24 AM
Yeah, mess with the guys at school with steel toes

They dont teach that in school, till someone falls on those steel toes  :whistle:

Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:03 AM

As do I when I'm not in school, I just have very minimal patience for stupid people....

I know what your saying. Dumb kids making fun of someone for what kind of shoes/boots you wear is just ridiculous.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 07:42:06 PM
Just thought I'd pop this in to the discussion in case anyone finds it useful:

http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/work-boots-on-test-which-are-the-best.htm

It's interesting how much of a different choice of boots you guys over there have to us.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 01:49:43 AM
After trying on countless pairs of Redwing's and Irish Setters I literally could not find any that fit me properly. It was probably a 3 week process. I decided to look into some other brands and could not find much that met my requirements, feel, and look. Today the long search is over! I bought a pair of boots that fit like a glove and am quite happy with them. I have only had them on for about 30 minutes, but I am quite pleased.

Not my pictures.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/617PSdk8SUL._UY395_.jpg
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-48446621305942/ariat-men-s-workhog-8-h2o-oily-distressed-brown-ariat-10011939-17.gif
I'm the milk man!

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #71 on: March 05, 2015, 08:06:04 PM
Those boots look great. :tu:
This winter I have been wearing caterpillar boots for work. Whenever I go out on a jobsite I have to change into safety boots though. The safety boots I have now are made by cofra, and are all syntetic and really uncomfortable, so I just ordered my self a pair of leather V12 safety boots for the spring season.

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: March 07, 2015, 04:12:50 PM
After trying on countless pairs of Redwing's and Irish Setters I literally could not find any that fit me properly. It was probably a 3 week process. I decided to look into some other brands and could not find much that met my requirements, feel, and look. Today the long search is over! I bought a pair of boots that fit like a glove and am quite happy with them. I have only had them on for about 30 minutes, but I am quite pleased.

Not my pictures.

Those look really comfortable, durable and also a pair you could wear to work when you need to dress up.

(Image removed from quote.)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/617PSdk8SUL._UY395_.jpg
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-48446621305942/ariat-men-s-workhog-8-h2o-oily-distressed-brown-ariat-10011939-17.gif
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: March 08, 2015, 01:36:32 AM
Thanks. After the first few days they are breaking in nicely.  :tu:  I ended up taking the frilly looking "lace protector?" off.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: March 14, 2015, 12:00:16 AM
I know people who have got on well with Ariat riding boots and I've been pleased with my Ariat chaps  :tu:

I've spent quite a bit of the last few days in our cheese making area which means I can't use my normal, comfy boots and have been in some cheap white wellies. My goodness didn't my legs tell me at the end of the day! All the regular staff in there have decent boots but I spend so little time in there it's not really worth it for me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:02:57 AM by Cupboard »

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #75 on: March 14, 2015, 12:03:58 AM
I have never understood the froofroo lace flaps.....

But my gf owns a pair of ariat riding boots. She loves them to death but it's been 6 months and they are finally breaking in

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #76 on: March 14, 2015, 12:54:19 AM
I have never understood the froofroo lace flaps.....

But my gf owns a pair of ariat riding boots. She loves them to death but it's been 6 months and they are finally breaking in

About the lace flap things. I was told that they serve two purposes. First off they used to flip them up to protect the laces when going through bushes and thick stuff that would normally tear their laces. Second, it is used as a indicator to when you should oil your boots. When the tips of the frills start to curl up you need to oil your boots. This is just what I was told by the guy at the boot store though.

I have only had mine for about 10 days and they are already broken in enough to not get uncomfortable if I wear them all day.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 01:41:00 AM
Just a mini rant here. The stitching on the inside of my new boots came out a bit and the plastic piece on the shoe lace fell off. Why do I even buy expensive boots if they are going to fall apart like a cheap pair?

I believe they should be covered under warranty, but it is just a pain in the smurf to always have to go through warranty claims on everything I buy and i'm smurfing sick of it.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #78 on: March 23, 2015, 01:46:56 AM
Just a mini rant here. The stitching on the inside of my new boots came out a bit and the plastic piece on the shoe lace fell off. Why do I even buy expensive boots if they are going to fall apart like a cheap pair?

I believe they should be covered under warranty, but it is just a pain in the smurf to always have to go through warranty claims on everything I buy and i'm smurfing sick of it.
Damn Capt, that sucks!!!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: March 23, 2015, 01:50:48 AM

Damn Capt, that sucks!!!

Its just a pain in the smurf. Could be worse though.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #80 on: March 23, 2015, 01:55:27 AM

you gotta stop buying the lemons capt.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #81 on: March 23, 2015, 01:58:21 AM

Damn Capt, that sucks!!!

+1 Sorry bro.....
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: March 23, 2015, 03:08:25 AM

Damn Capt, that sucks!!!

Its just a pain in the smurf. Could be worse though.

I swear it's this place, once you join here you will begin to have things break. I never had to warranty anything(other than hockey sticks) before I came here. I join and now I've had lights give out, bags give out, smurf even the expensive insoles I got that were rated at "over 3000 pounds" didn't survive a month!!!

If there was a purchasing option that said no warranty, but our smurf will actually work. I'm picking it 10/10

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #83 on: March 23, 2015, 09:20:59 PM
Well some bad news on the boot front. I took them in to the place I purchased them from to see what can be done. I was told they could be swapped out for another pair (which I did not want to do). Then I was told I could take them down to a local boot shop and have them fix it and they will cover the bill. Great! I took them down and the guy told me he could not fix them.  :( So back to the shop. I wanted a refund. They told me I could not do that, but I could get another pair of different boots and they would refund or credit +/- whatever the new boots cost. Sadly I tried on every boot in the store and nothing fit correctly. I convinced them to give me a full refund which is great, but now I do not have any boots. I went to the Redwing store to see if they got in any of the back ordered boots I was interested in, but nothing had come in. I finally found a pair that fit comfortably, but just my luck the moccasin toe was sewn on way off to the side and the boots looked all lopsided. Even the guy who owns the store confirmed they were sewn improperly. So now i'm back to square one. I'm so sick of this crap.  :rant:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #84 on: March 23, 2015, 09:24:16 PM

Well some bad news on the boot front. I took them in to the place I purchased them from to see what can be done. I was told they could be swapped out for another pair (which I did not want to do). Then I was told I could take them down to a local boot shop and have them fix it and they will cover the bill. Great! I took them down and the guy told me he could not fix them.  :( So back to the shop. I wanted a refund. They told me I could not do that, but I could get another pair of different boots and they would refund or credit +/- whatever the new boots cost. Sadly I tried on every boot in the store and nothing fit correctly. I convinced them to give me a full refund which is great, but now I do not have any boots. I went to the Redwing store to see if they got in any of the back ordered boots I was interested in, but nothing had come in. I finally found a pair that fit comfortably, but just my luck the moccasin toe was sewn on way off to the side and the boots looked all lopsided. Even the guy who owns the store confirmed they were sewn improperly. So now i'm back to square one. I'm so sick of this crap.  :rant:
dang capt :(

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #85 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
Capt, I swear, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck.  :(

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #86 on: March 23, 2015, 10:17:00 PM
Capt, I swear, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck.  :(

I know right. I just want a nice pair of boots that fit, is that to much to ask. WTF!

I have literally ran out of places to go look for boots as well so I have no idea what i'm going to do now.  :rant:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #88 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:43 AM
Ooh I like the look of those! :tu:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #89 on: March 24, 2015, 03:30:43 PM
Ooh I like the look of those! :tu:

Thanks. Me too!
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86