Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

need help finding special scales

Offline RealMacGyver

• New User
need help finding special scales
on: December 16, 2014, 05:31:34 AM
Hey guys!

I used to be a very active member over at knifeforums in the sosak forum.

Well I need some help. My nephew is old enough to be getting a knife and I waned to give him his first SAK!

But his favorite color is Orange! I have searched far and wide and can find nothing in a Victorinox knife with this color scales available.

I've only seen that there was a pinstripe orange and a translucent orange. But none for sale anywhere.

Does any of you guys have in your collection an orange Victorinox in the 91mm flavor that you would be willing to part with before Christmas? Or any of you awesome custom scale makers who are still around could quote me a price for a job for some orange scales in some sort of material?

Thanks guys!!

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: need help finding special scales
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:55:48 AM
Well, if you would be willing to (1) bump up to 93 mm, then I would look at Swissbianco's offerings, or (2) go down to 84 mm or 58 mm, then there are options on ebay.  There is also of course the Hunter XT orange 111 mm available from various retailers.

Offline RealMacGyver

• New User
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:03:08 AM
Well, if you would be willing to (1) bump up to 93 mm, then I would look at Swissbianco's offerings, or (2) go down to 84 mm or 58 mm, then there are options on ebay.  There is also of course the Hunter XT orange 111 mm available from various retailers.

thanks. I used to talk to him all the time, right around when he was getting his site started and he was doing custom Damascus blades before Victorinox started to themselves. I'll definitely look him up.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:51:14 AM
Cadets & Classics are also available in orange.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:57:26 AM
I´d contact Syph007, one of our very own, before asking Swissbianco, if 93 mm is ok with you.
There have been translucent orange 85 mm Wengers, at least as advertising knives, too.
Good luck on your hunt!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:22:50 PM
Orange Victorinox scales will be EXTREMELY difficult to find. The pinstripe orange one is 84mm and I've only seen one so far. Also the translucent 91mm is very rare, seen two so far. Reinier has those two but he's Dutch so ... :D

Wenger 85mm shouldn't be that difficult but it isn't as often seen as other colors.

Easiest option would be 93mm alox, a US shop had Farmers at affordable prices recently, maybe still and I'm sure you can find them rather easily on the secondary market too. EDIT: link to shop. Sold out but they did restock at least once. http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/victorinox08241281rus2farmer-orangealox91mm-cutleryshoppeexclusive.aspx

If you're willing to pay a bit more, Syph007 will be able to make you ceracoated or hard anodized scales for a tool setup of your choosing. Maybe something like this?

You can find his work here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34772.0.html

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:37:11 PM by enki_ck »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD