Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Wingman Scissors.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman Wingman Scissors.
Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 02:14:33 PM
That's a very nice bit of work done to the scissors :like: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

Offline Yondering

• New User
Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 09:00:47 AM
Thanks zoidberg. That link did indeedf  answer to the vague question I asked. I don’t remember now if I had to do anything beyond filing the detent/lock portion of the scissors to seat well when opened- using lock properly to hold the S open so as to spring the scissors open. I do remember filing and filing trying not to over due it. It went from not having enough ground out to floppy and I was wondering if all it took was a file. I’ll experiment and update when done. I don’t have enough money to keep experimenting.
  I also looked into simply using the serated blade space for storage for an easy access scissors of any brand/model, but that seems to create different issues.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:08:22 AM by Yondering »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 09:26:41 AM
Sometimes when enlarging the scissors pivot hole one can make it too big or move it to one side - this can result in a lose spring.
One solution would be to cut a small slot in the handle stop and bend the stop inwards to take up the slack.
Let me know how you go and if needed we can exchange pics etc etc.

I use scissors quite a bit so try and keep multiple of them handy.
Victorinox scissors are pretty good and super cheap as well if you buy them here - https://store.multitool.org/departments/-102victorinoxwenger-models-2layer-141.html#/39-knife_type-victorinox_spartan
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:27:45 AM by zoidberg »

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 02:42:15 PM
Thanks zoidberg. That link did indeedf  answer to the vague question I asked. I don’t remember now if I had to do anything beyond filing the detent/lock portion of the scissors to seat well when opened- using lock properly to hold the S open so as to spring the scissors open. I do remember filing and filing trying not to over due it. It went from not having enough ground out to floppy and I was wondering if all it took was a file. I’ll experiment and update when done. I don’t have enough money to keep experimenting.
  I also looked into simply using the serated blade space for storage for an easy access scissors of any brand/model, but that seems to create different issues.

What issue did you face? I used to free up a external bay to hold a big tweezer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%