Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Canadian Question

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Canadian Question
on: January 27, 2015, 02:57:10 AM
Here's a Vic Super Timer for sale from Canada. The dealer says its a CBSA confiscation item that is near-new, except the watch is missing and both blades are broken. Ignoring the fact the dealer is an idiot, are Canadian federal police now destroying knives before disposing of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/victorinox-large-swiss-army-knife-red-A4-/251809383054?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3aa102428e

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: Canadian Question
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:01:20 AM
Damn.....
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 03:12:16 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Why God why!?

Nate
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 03:14:30 AM
I haven't heard of CBSA or TSA destroying otherwise legal items. I could see an irate owner snapping off the blades when told that it was going to be confiscated. To make sure that nobody profited from the theft of their property...

I make sure to put my SAK and other prohibited items in my checked luggage, so I don't have problems when being groped. I also prefer not to fly these days, due to these stupid restrictions.
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:15 AM
I haven't heard of CBSA or TSA destroying otherwise legal items. I could see an irate owner snapping off the blades when told that it was going to be confiscated. To make sure that nobody profited from the theft of their property his stupidity, bringing such an expensive knife on an air-trip despite knowing that its illegal...

I make sure to put my SAK and other prohibited items in my checked luggage, so I don't have problems when being groped. I also prefer not to fly these days, due to these stupid restrictions.
corrected
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:43 PM
That's not a correction, that is an alteration based on a skewed perception of reality.

Have you never made a mistake? For example the mistake of not checking your pockets while rushing through an airport? And let's not get side tracked by questioning the items on the prohibited list, or not on the list. Because if I had to choose between a SAK or 10" steel knitting needles to use as a weapon or tool to compromise an aircraft...
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 11:05:20 PM
Could not believe it, they damaged the 3 tools and took the watch part but left ALL the inserts on the back side!? There is probably a story behind this.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 01:36:57 AM
It really does seem like someone was pissed off their SAK was going to be taken and removed all the value of it before it was taken.  But I cant picture how exactly... Its not like that woudl be easy to do while in line.  Maybe jamming the blades in a door?

As it is, it really has no value except if you need new scales for a timekeeper you already have.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:20:36 AM
It really does seem like someone was pissed off their SAK was going to be taken and removed all the value of it before it was taken.  But I cant picture how exactly... Its not like that woudl be easy to do while in line.  Maybe jamming the blades in a door?

As it is, it really has no value except if you need new scales for a timekeeper you already have.

You could totally fix that!
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 03:01:19 PM
The seller's description is a hoot

"Shows very little sign of use except ........... It has two blades and one tool and a watch missing, and a big hole in the handle"
Hmmmmmm

Some ebay sellers have a very interesting perception of their products !!
Not the first time I've seen somethmng like that.

Another one was "It's in great condition" when the blade was completely sharpened away

Thsnk goodness for photos
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:02:37 PM by Huntsman »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75