Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another BO knifeless mod

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Re: Another BO knifeless mod
Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 07:03:59 PM
If it makes you feel better I ended up modding my Knifeless Fuse too :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 11:33:28 PM
I've had a knifeless fuse tucked away NIB for a while now. Then I spent a fortune making my own knifeless variations. So far I have the stock bladeless fuse, my version with a different loadout (orange handles and BO tools), a MP400, a Kick, this Rebar and a Diesel. I also have plans for making my Wave bladeless, although I'm half tempted to leave the serrated blade in. I did that with a PST I originally made knifeless, and the serrated blade makes a nice companion knife to a dedicated folder or SAK. I think Kirky has more bladeless mods than me though

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:49 AM
Hmmmm :think:

There's the Fuse,the Kirkyclip ,2x KSTs,the Kick...oh yeah,the P.U.G...MP425,Diesel,and the MP600,now gifted to my flatmate,and there was a SOG PPP,since gifted and stolen.

Think that's it :think:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 08:07:31 PM
50ft-trad: to free up the space you need, swap the Fuse small flat driver for the Rebar one. The Rebar small flat is the same thickness as the can opener, the Fuse one is the same thickness as the large flat driver.

FWIW my not-dissimilar Rebar-mod can be a bit loose/tight depending on mood. It's worth keeping the saw and file near the cut out otherwise you get really bad hotspots there, speaking from experience.

The Rebar is great at having lots of tools in a small package and coupled with a knife you get lots of tools and a knife that's comfortable to use. A Wave is bigger and heavier but means you don't have to carry the knife and it's far more comfortable to use the pliers on. However using a knife is a lot less comfortable.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 09:55:30 PM
Cheers Tom,

I've put the saw and file in the knife spots to fill the voids as it were. I think if was you that pointed out the Rebar small flat has a fat shank which means it struggles to get at some screws. You modded yours i believe, but if i did that, it would wreck the BO finish. Thats why I went for the driver from the Fuse.

My current thinking is to put all the washers on that side either side of the file, and let the rest of the tools clump. However, that of course will also ruin the finish, but not as badly as taking a grinder to it. I really need to take the tool apart again and take some measurements.

I think the tool has a lot more hotspots than the Fuse,not just at the cutouts but at the end of the handles and around the locks. It's a while since I carried my Wave, but I seem to think it's a lot more comfortable than the Rebar. Maybe I need to dig that out again too.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 08:49:09 PM
that's one of the reasons I prefer non-BO tools. FWIW, I've ground the Fuse driver I have in my Wave down too to fit in to terminal blocks. Leatherman are really irritating, the Sideclip drivers are a perfect selection of sizes... then they went and messed it up with small drivers that don't fit anything I use on a regular basis and no medium drivers.

And again you're right about the Rebar. The Wave handles are really comfy to bear down on when using it as pliers. The Rebar less so. That's one thing the Sidekick/Wingman are good at actually, and a reason why I'm quite looking forward to the Rev. I hope I'll be able to put some decent screwdrivers in one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%