Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New wearable multitool

Kampfer · 228 · 20555

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: New wearable multitool
Reply #210 on: June 14, 2015, 07:00:02 AM
Some people spend a lot of money on their looks/image/appearances

Yeah.... those people are usually neither tool makers nor tool users.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #211 on: June 14, 2015, 09:12:53 PM
They are really trying to push this thing, created a whole new interacting web page for it.
http://www.leatherman.com/tread.html
OVER THREE DECADES OF INNOVATION

Kinda reminds me of this:
(Image removed from quote.)

The tread is definitely a unique piece of jewelry. I would ask someone to buy it for me as a gift, but I wouldn't drop my cash on it. It's wayyyyyyyy to pricey.

What bothers me is the tread was produced because one of the guys had a run in with Disneyland security because of his skeletool, and because of that the tread was produced. But people have been BEGGING Leatherman to update the wave, make a lighter surge (mini surge  :multi: ), or even add scissors to the skeletool (that might be just me  :D ). But none of that gets done despite user demand.  :twak:  :ahhh  I don't get it. But I'm off my soapbox. I want Leatherman to succeed but I also want them to LISTEN.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #212 on: June 14, 2015, 09:20:11 PM
They are really trying to push this thing, created a whole new interacting web page for it.

The tread is definitely a unique piece of jewelry. I would ask someone to buy it for me as a gift, but I wouldn't drop my cash on it. It's wayyyyyyyy to pricey.

What bothers me is the tread was produced because one of the guys had a run in with Disneyland security because of his skeletool, and because of that the tread was produced. But people have been BEGGING Leatherman to update the wave, make a lighter surge (mini surge  :multi: ), or even add scissors to the skeletool (that might be just me  :D ). But none of that gets done despite user demand.  :twak:  :ahhh  I don't get it. But I'm off my soapbox. I want Leatherman to succeed but I also want them to LISTEN.

100% agree. User input is ignored and one run in at Disneyland and they drop huge money, time, and effort into producing the Tread.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #213 on: June 15, 2015, 12:48:47 AM

But he was a VIP, not like us.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #214 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:53 AM

But he was a VIP, not like us.
I guess "elite rights" and all. I wonder how many of leatherman sales came from people joining this forum and getting exposed to multi tool goodness? :think: I think our voice should be heard nonetheless
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #215 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:18 PM
Thread QM1 is not longer listed on LM site.  :think:
I was going to make my wife to get me one for Father's Day

Quote from: Knife Center
Release has been postponed by Leatherman and may not be launched until 2017. No additional information available at this time.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #216 on: June 20, 2015, 12:13:11 AM
2017!

Wonder what the issue is.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #217 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:34 AM
They might have read our comments and finally realised how ridiculous it is

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #218 on: June 20, 2015, 03:16:24 AM
2017!  Wonder what the issue is.

Looks to me like they have fallen out with their Swiss watch manufacturer.
And have to go through a new selection, procurement, QA, manufacturing etc process

What else could take that long.

To 50': It looks like the regular Tread is still on target

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #219 on: July 24, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
I gave up after the first 5 pages of vitriol, so I might have missed something good in the last 3, but anyway.

Advertised price for this badboy in Aus is $395. I can get a damn nice socket set for that price. We are talking all the fruit, including spanners, drivers, and probably a free knife if you pick it up on Fathers day.

So, notwithstanding that I would never contemplate buying one at that rate, I do not hate the idea. I like chains, bikes, etc etc. I wear metal wrist watch bands. It has a certain aesthetic appeal.
but...I just can not see me using it. It has such limited application.
Sim pick? I did not even know what that was until I read this thread, which proves how much I do not need one.

A bunch of slot heads? There are no slot heads anywhere on any of my bikes, cars, toys etc. I guess I could use the smaller one for cleaning my nails?

I like the ad on the website - "always on hand" showing the Tread (largest wrench size of 10mm next to a bunch of 12-14mm nuts. Which more or less sums up my reasons for it not being a thing anyone could use.

For small stuff, you want a precision tool, and everything else is tool big.

On the Upside. It looks like they have changed the format from the original release pictures and now you can ditch the Flat heads, Sim Pick and a (to me) fairly useless 3/8 wrench without losing potentially valuable phillips drivers

Of course, if I were to ditch the final Imperial link, I would be left with 3 usable SI links, which is probably a bit slim for even my dainty wrists.

Oh, and slot head assembly is gross.

So....Industrial Jewellery: Cool, Great, All for it.

Price, Function, Amount of "brand" smurf for no reason: Over 9000.

Edit: Oh, on watches. If they coupled it with a Traser P6600, at that price, I might bite.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:00:04 PM by Sea Monster »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #220 on: July 24, 2015, 11:11:19 PM
Will this go down as the biggest Multi tool flop in history ? I wonder how much they have spent on this to get it going .

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #221 on: July 25, 2015, 02:14:36 AM

The reason for the screws seems obviously missed. One can use a small coin like a penny (1¢) or dime (10¢) to remove/tighten the screws. The screws can easily be managed with the forefinger and thumb.

Slid in a magnet there on that one altered link for sheeps and giggles.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:30:40 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #222 on: July 25, 2015, 02:26:04 AM

The reason for the screws seems obviously missed. One can use a small coin like a penny (1¢) or dime (10¢) to remove/tighten the screws. The screws can easily be managed with the forefinger and thumb.

The attached image needs to be removed asap thanks.  :pok:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #223 on: July 25, 2015, 02:31:18 AM

Most appreciated sir.  :salute:

Reply #224 on: July 25, 2015, 02:32:39 AM

Aww.. you're no fun.  >:D
e62087eb5028e460c775a58d3d2d9000.jpg
* e62087eb5028e460c775a58d3d2d9000.jpg (Filesize: 41.92 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #225 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:12 AM

Yeah I know, you are welcome to make fun of me in a break room thread though.  :)

Reply #226 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:24 AM

Yeah I know, you are welcome to make fun of me in a break room thread though.  :)

Nah, I'd never make fun of anyone directly here .. save maybe Grant and his ocean kayaks ..
¬ Outback in Idaho

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #227 on: March 03, 2018, 11:49:47 AM
The  copies/inspired/knockoffs are down to 28 Euros now, for anybody interested -  Under 20 and I may be interested.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%