Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Vic Rescue tool 2349

Hero Member Posts: 766 "What is the riddle of steel?"
Vic Rescue tool
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »
Used the Belt cutter at work today after carrying it for just a few days. Worked ok. Can't say it was that much better than any serrated blade I've used. Had to put the seatbelt under tension to cut it. But no big deal. Got the guy out ok. Might go back to the Spyderco for a while.

Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman
Sr. Member Posts: 316
Re: Vic Rescue tool
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
I've always wondered how the Rescue Tool would work "in the real world". I've had one in my car for 2 years and thankfully haven't had an occasion to use it.

Dave

I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...
Sr. Member Posts: 434 Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:21:40 PM »
works good, but do not expect a miracle..
No Life Club Posts: 3,478 You don't want to see me SMURF!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »
I wouldn't imagine it would be any "better" than regular serrated blade, just safer to use without cutting/poking yourself :think:

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams

Completely Random Smurf with Aleph
The Cycling Thread
Jr. Member Posts: 91
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:59 AM »
I have carried one for work for a while and I like it but it could be better. Another thing I would like to see is a better glass breaker, the one it has is ok at best, tend to use the carbide one on my leatherman raptors more. I would also have liked to see an O2 wrench on the tool but no dice  :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:30:23 AM by ace19636 »
OCD Squad Member Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,979
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »
I have carried one for work for a while and I like it but it could be better. Another thing I would like to see is a better glass breaker, the one it has is ok at best, tend to use the carbide one on my leatherman raptors more. I would also have liked to see an O2 wrench on the tool but no dice  :(
The O2 wrench might not be something used internationally. But you could combine the RescueTool with a Benchmade Rescue Hook. The two have very little redundancies between them.

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
Jr. Member Posts: 91
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
The O2 wrench might not be something used internationally. But you could combine the RescueTool with a Benchmade Rescue Hook. The two have very little redundancies between them.
I tend to leave it at home lately to be honest, my LM raptor has the carbide glass breaker I like, it has a hook cutter which to me is better then a serrated rescue blade as well as an 02 wrench not to mention they are shears. For the price there are a lot of better options, I want to love it because of how much of a SAK fan I am but I just can not dig it. Heck for less then Half the price you can get a LM Z-rex which can do everything you need to self rescue from a vehicle. If you like it then Im not going to tell you not to buy It, I just can not recomend it with my experince :ahhh
Newbie Posts: 15
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »
I used my Vic Tool to cut the shirt off a bloke the other day to get defib pads on him.
It worked very well and safely. The glass breaker is something that I wouldn't use much outside of training days.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $600.10
PayPal Fees: $35.45
Net Balance: $564.65
Above Goal: $289.65
Site Currency: USD
205% 
June Donations

Community Links