Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Rescue tool

TheDude · 37 · 15198

au Offline TheDude

• "What is the riddle of steel?"
Vic Rescue tool
on: February 02, 2015, 02:42:29 PM
Used the Belt cutter at work today after carrying it for just a few days. Worked ok. Can't say it was that much better than any serrated blade I've used. Had to put the seatbelt under tension to cut it. But no big deal. Got the guy out ok. Might go back to the Spyderco for a while.
Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Re: Vic Rescue tool
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:55 PM
I've always wondered how the Rescue Tool would work "in the real world". I've had one in my car for 2 years and thankfully haven't had an occasion to use it.

Dave
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

tr Offline nervium

• Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:21:40 PM
works good, but do not expect a miracle..

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:52:04 PM
I wouldn't imagine it would be any "better" than regular serrated blade, just safer to use without cutting/poking yourself :think:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline ace19636

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:59 AM
I have carried one for work for a while and I like it but it could be better. Another thing I would like to see is a better glass breaker, the one it has is ok at best, tend to use the carbide one on my leatherman raptors more. I would also have liked to see an O2 wrench on the tool but no dice  :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:30:23 AM by ace19636 »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:33 AM
I have carried one for work for a while and I like it but it could be better. Another thing I would like to see is a better glass breaker, the one it has is ok at best, tend to use the carbide one on my leatherman raptors more. I would also have liked to see an O2 wrench on the tool but no dice  :(
The O2 wrench might not be something used internationally. But you could combine the RescueTool with a Benchmade Rescue Hook. The two have very little redundancies between them.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ace19636

Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 06:30:03 AM
The O2 wrench might not be something used internationally. But you could combine the RescueTool with a Benchmade Rescue Hook. The two have very little redundancies between them.
I tend to leave it at home lately to be honest, my LM raptor has the carbide glass breaker I like, it has a hook cutter which to me is better then a serrated rescue blade as well as an 02 wrench not to mention they are shears. For the price there are a lot of better options, I want to love it because of how much of a SAK fan I am but I just can not dig it. Heck for less then Half the price you can get a LM Z-rex which can do everything you need to self rescue from a vehicle. If you like it then Im not going to tell you not to buy It, I just can not recomend it with my experince :ahhh

Offline Steve Phillips

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:53 AM
I used my Vic Tool to cut the shirt off a bloke the other day to get defib pads on him.
It worked very well and safely. The glass breaker is something that I wouldn't use much outside of training days.

00 Offline fivesense

Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 04:00:59 AM
I can appreciate the comments about the perceived deficiencies of the SAK Rescue tool. I have two but no practical rescue experience with them. For rescue scenarios, I think they would perform more than adequately, maybe not as good as other tools, but certainly better than average (or nothing).

On the plus side, the tools on the SAK Rescue Tool are universally practical. The serrated blade is above average and the other two can handle a narrow variety of tasks. The glass breaker will do the job, and the Phillips, flat head and awl/reamer will surely do what they are designed to do.

So it may not be perfect, but like all SAKs the Rescue tool will do the job. But this thread inspired me to look at other options. No reason not to add to the "rescue stable" too!
Use your tools and enjoy the Zen of maintaining and sharpening them.

Consider donating a couple bucks to this site. There is no better knife or multitool site anywhere on planet internet.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
I can appreciate the comments about the perceived deficiencies of the SAK Rescue tool. I have two but no practical rescue experience with them. For rescue scenarios, I think they would perform more than adequately, maybe not as good as other tools, but certainly better than average (or nothing).

On the plus side, the tools on the SAK Rescue Tool are universally practical. The serrated blade is above average and the other two can handle a narrow variety of tasks. The glass breaker will do the job, and the Phillips, flat head and awl/reamer will surely do what they are designed to do.

So it may not be perfect, but like all SAKs the Rescue tool will do the job. But this thread inspired me to look at other options. No reason not to add to the "rescue stable" too!

Another benefit of the Victorinox is that as long as you don't pick up a counterfeit you are certain of the quality level as opposed to many cheap alternatives where I doubt that the steel would be enough to break a car window for example.

au Offline TheDude

• "What is the riddle of steel?"
Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 05:02:59 PM
That's the 10% off!  :rofl:
Eventually even McGyver got himself a Leatherman

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 05:26:43 PM
Had a near exact copy, bought from DealEx once.

Near exact visualy, but that is where it ended...

Offline mtoolman

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 05:58:36 PM
Just using mine for opening parcels and cutting card board boxes. Still haven't used other blades in that tool yet.

Quite nice tool with large sized blades.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 06:13:13 PM
Just cleaned my Rescue-Tool and charged the Led-Lenser for my SAR stuff.

I can't really do call-outs at the moment, due to being based outside of the deployment area (for work) but I need to keep it ready to go, just in case  :tu:

Stay safe all  :salute:

* LonSar Vest Rescue Tool & Torch.jpg (Filesize: 87.07 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 06:14:44 PM
 :salute: :like:
Esse Quam Videri

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 11:16:14 PM
 :iagree: :salute:

us Offline Peyote

• If it ain't broken, fix it till it is.
Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 04:44:49 PM
Very nice.
NAP

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 08:09:18 PM
Very nice.
:hatsoff: I'll be trying to use it more, or at all  ::) in the 111mm Challenge (January)

I've just realised that I've signed up to two simultaneous challenges in Jan' (111 & Batman) Bugger... :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 03:19:25 PM
I did a community litter pick again today. It was at a motorway underpass (nice  :dunno: ) It's also a graffiti site  ::)

Here's the RT posing with Judge Dredd  ;) (Urban chic  :whistle: )
Rescue Tool & Judge Dredd 0221a.jpg
* Rescue Tool & Judge Dredd 0221a.jpg (Filesize: 396.15 KB)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 09:08:19 AM
I did a community litter pick again today. It was at a motorway underpass (nice  :dunno: ) It's also a graffiti site  ::)

Here's the RT posing with Judge Dredd  ;) (Urban chic  :whistle: )
Dredd needs a voice-activated SAK with Knockout-Club and Decapitation Blade
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 12:39:00 AM
Dredd needs a voice-activated SAK with Knockout-Club and Decapitation Blade
Never mind Dredd; I need two of those (one for each hand)  :rofl:

br Offline RicardoBorges

• Truth, Love, Reason, Merit... Camões
Reply #24 on: May 28, 2021, 01:13:00 PM
I bought Rescue Tool in 2018 primarily to, eventually, rescue myself and a girlfriend that drives like crazy. We almost crashed making a 360° turn at about 60 miles per hour on a two way highway, in our first trip in her car.

After this incident, I always carry it in any trip I make on highways. With or without her.

I am glad that I have never needed to use it, for ourselves or for others. Thanks God!

The amount of accidents in brazilian roads are, unfortunately, huge, sadly... :cry:

I still travel with her and, since then, I use that eye protectors (used for sleeping) while she drives. :-\ It is part of my travel carry gear, as ear protectors and so on.
Greetings from Brazil!!!

Erros meus, má fortuna, amor ardente (My mistakes, bad fortune, burning love) Camões

au Online Echotech

Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 01:31:38 PM
I bought Rescue Tool in 2018 primarily to, eventually, rescue myself and a girlfriend that drives like crazy. We almost crashed making a 360° turn at about 60 miles per hour on a two way highway, in our first trip in her car.

After this incident, I always carry it in any trip I make on highways. With or without her.

I am glad that I have never needed to use it, for ourselves or for others. Thanks God!

The amount of accidents in brazilian roads are, unfortunately, huge, sadly... :cry:

I still travel with her and, since then, I use that eye protectors (used for sleeping) while she drives. :-\ It is part of my travel carry gear, as ear protectors and so on.

:) I had a girlfriend like that years ago, although she had very poor eyesight she’d take her glasses off to drive…apparently if she couldn’t see the danger it didn’t exist  :ahhh

br Offline RicardoBorges

Reply #26 on: May 28, 2021, 09:53:08 PM
:) I had a girlfriend like that years ago, although she had very poor eyesight she’d take her glasses off to drive…apparently if she couldn’t see the danger it didn’t exist  :ahhh

Dear Sir Echotech,

When I first met Milady, she told me that she have been driving cars for 30 years.  :ahhh :ahhh

What a surprise!!!

The solution is relax, check the Rescue Tool, connect the ear phones, put the blindfold and pray...

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want... I love Psalm 23!!!

:whistle:
Greetings from Brazil!!!

Erros meus, má fortuna, amor ardente (My mistakes, bad fortune, burning love) Camões

br Offline RicardoBorges

Reply #27 on: May 28, 2021, 09:54:19 PM

This message was repeated and I do not know how to delete it...

I have been writing posts for 30 years!!! :oops:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:59:42 PM by RicardoBorges »
Greetings from Brazil!!!

au Online Echotech

Reply #28 on: May 29, 2021, 03:03:12 AM
Dear Sir Echotech,

When I first met Milady, she told me that she have been driving cars for 30 years.  :ahhh :ahhh

What a surprise!!!

The solution is relax, check the Rescue Tool, connect the ear phones, put the blindfold and pray...

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want... I love Psalm 23!!!

:whistle:
:rofl: :tu:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #29 on: June 02, 2021, 09:23:55 PM
The Rescue Tool supervised the Micra opening some SuperGlue   :D
111 day 020621a.jpg
* 111 day 020621a.jpg (Filesize: 226.11 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD