Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Antonini C.A.R. designed by Tommaso Rumici

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Antonini C.A.R. designed by Tommaso Rumici
on: March 04, 2022, 10:07:44 AM
C.A.R. == Car Accident Rescue
Just stumbled upon this, presented at the IWA. Looks like a really well designed tool. Prybar of an useful size. Glass breaker, safety glass cutters, hawkbill blade.

Weight: ~280g
Blade length: both ~80mm with button-lock
Handle: G10 + glow in the dark inlay

Sadly, cannot find more info at the present, but really like the look of this.

* knn-car-620x400.jpg (Filesize: 25.12 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Antonini C.A.R. designed by Tommaso Rumici
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 09:37:37 PM
They have some pretty interesting tools. However, not all of them are carried in the US. Blue Ridge and a couple large distributors only sell the "Old Bear" Antonini type knives. A larger selection was carried by a dealer in New Mexico, IKAT Supply, but he retired. He could also special order what he didn't regularly sell, but prices were a bit high. I own several, mostly single-blades I use as work knives.  Most of mine are low-cost "user" type offerings from the "Farm", "Cable", and "Boat" lineups; and inexpensive. 'I also have a MAMBA  fixed blade and ARA XL rescue hawkbill.

This is a very unusual design that makes Gerber's Prybrid look like a kid's toy.  I am wondering--is the woodsaw's true purpose a laminated glass saw?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:22:25 PM
They have some pretty interesting tools. However, not all of them are carried in the US. Blue Ridge and a couple large distributors only sell the "Old Bear" Antonini type knives. A larger selection was carried by a dealer in New Mexico, IKAT Supply, but he retired. He could also special order what he didn't regularly sell, but prices were a bit high. I own several, mostly single-blades I use as work knives.  Most of mine are low-cost "user" type offerings from the "Farm", "Cable", and "Boat" lineups; and inexpensive. 'I also have a MAMBA  fixed blade and ARA XL rescue hawkbill.

This is a very unusual design that makes Gerber's Prybrid look like a kid's toy.  I am wondering--is the woodsaw's true purpose a laminated glass saw?
That is my understanding, similar to the Vic Rescue tool. Considering how common laminated glass is these days that is almost a must have for a car-rescue-tool.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 01:15:12 PM
Ok, it is confirmed  now, that is a special saw for laminated glass.

Official Website

I really want one, not that I have a car... been toying with getting a Antonini SAR knife (for the interesting locking mechanism), guess I have to add another Antonini to my "to buy" list :P

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 05:45:45 PM
Used the Antonini's curved blade to help open, remove foil from, a bottle of Mussolini's finest vino collapso  :drink:

* Antonini & Mussolini 080324a.jpg (Filesize: 158.34 KB)

* Antonini & Mussolini 080324b.jpg (Filesize: 315.22 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 12:24:36 PM
That is my understanding, similar to the Vic Rescue tool. Considering how common laminated glass is these days that is almost a must have for a car-rescue-tool.

A blade like that would be my "no one is ever coming to help" last resort.  Rescue crews have better, faster options.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 05:32:27 PM
A blade like that would be my "no one is ever coming to help" last resort.  Rescue crews have better, faster options.
You would hope so :P
The major concern is if your car is on fire, or submerged in water (or at the risk of falling down a cliff). Then you might not have time to wait for the rescue crew.
Though not sure if a glass saw is your best option then. If you are strong and flexible enough, your best option might be to push out the windshield with your legs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%