Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your story of most amazing repair or customer service?

Sean · 4 · 1041

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Whats your story of the best customer service you've received tool related?

Mine has to go to Leatherman repair depot (Canada) for sending me a  S2 juice after someone gave me two halves of a similar juice.  The jaws had broken apparently and he had just ground the other jaw off and smoothed off both sets of handles where the two jaws had once been (if you follow me ?)  Anyhow they had been used for quite some time just like little pocket jackknives until I got them and then I thought what the hell and sent them off to Leatherman.  And a couple of weeks later a juice s2 arrived in the mail intact! 

nl Offline anditsgone

Re: Your story of most amazing repair or customer service?
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 05:52:53 PM
I know it is an old thread but after i had sent my skeletool cx in because i had broken the pliers i recieved a new one wich was strange because i broke them, but i broke the new pliers within a week. I requested a rebar and got a rebar.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:20:51 PM
Love the thread necro!  I can't believe this one never had more replies.

I have a Sideclip that I was given 15 years ago as a christmas present from my folks.  I decided after seeing a few thread here that I wanted to polish it so it was a polished sideclip instead of bead blasted.  That was a bad idea.  Not only did I discover that I don't have the equipment to make the finish uniform, I buggered up one of the pivots during reassembly. I sent the pieces to Leatherman with a letter explaining the sentimental value, and asked if they could simply reassemble the tool for me, and throw a new edge on the blade while they were at it.  I offered to pay for all these services, but they simply did as I asked and repaired my tool, then sent it back to me free of charge.  I still have this sideclip and while it's showing it's age it is still one of the best tools I own.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:00:48 PM
Love the thread necro!  I can't believe this one never had more replies.

I have a Sideclip that I was given 15 years ago as a christmas present from my folks.  I decided after seeing a few thread here that I wanted to polish it so it was a polished sideclip instead of bead blasted.  That was a bad idea.  Not only did I discover that I don't have the equipment to make the finish uniform, I buggered up one of the pivots during reassembly. I sent the pieces to Leatherman with a letter explaining the sentimental value, and asked if they could simply reassemble the tool for me, and throw a new edge on the blade while they were at it.  I offered to pay for all these services, but they simply did as I asked and repaired my tool, then sent it back to me free of charge.  I still have this sideclip and while it's showing it's age it is still one of the best tools I own.

Always strange when manufactuers note that the tool is not coverd for wear, abuse and when you destroy your tool like the three times it happend to me (my own fault) they always cover you.
The same with victorinox. When you send in a SAK because you snapped of the knife they will probably not repair it. But when you sent it in with a broken spring and say that has to be replaced they replace everything that is broken, chipped, worn out and replace the tweezers and polish/replace the scales.

Knife companies must have the best warranty in the world because i dont see Samsung do that to my iphone.
If i lost my recieted even if though they now the S5 cannot be two years old they probably wil wish me goodluck with it or charge me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%