Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bio Lite Nano Grid

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Bio Lite Nano Grid
on: February 20, 2015, 01:16:59 PM
Ok, so technically it's not for cooking, but it is an expansion of the Bio Lite stove system.

http://biolitestove.com/products/biolite-nanogrid?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sitelightFeature&utm_content=OrderMyNanoGrid?scrollTo=product-overview

In short it's a power bank, lantern and a few plug in LED area lights.  It can be charged by the Bio Lite stove or any USB port which is good because the stove itself generates power, but doesn't store power for use later.  I really like the stove and the fact that it generates power, but it always irked me that there was no way to use that power when you were done cooking.

I have never had much luck with power banks but I'm still tempted to give this a shot.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Bio Lite Nano Grid
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 02:08:17 AM
Doesn't the stove have USB port? So you can use it to charge any power bank you buy. $100 seems expensive for a power bank with a couple of LEDs.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 01:12:41 PM
That was my thought, which is why I ended up just buying a couple of 50,000 mah power banks on eBay instead.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:40:50 PM
I was in my local Cotswold Outdoor this week after some new boots and they had a BioLite with the grill thing for sale. £140 for the stove, and another £60 for the grill.

You can buy an awful lot of gas canisters for that sort of money!

I'd have got a 15% discount on that but even then...

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 03:03:47 AM
I'm actually quite happy with the stove.  I have used it a number of times and it really does an excellent job. 

Today however I cooked lunch on the Svea Optima 123 for the sake of variety.  :D

Def

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:53:12 AM
I was in my local Cotswold Outdoor this week after some new boots and they had a BioLite with the grill thing for sale. £140 for the stove, and another £60 for the grill.

You can buy an awful lot of gas canisters for that sort of money!

I'd have got a 15% discount on that but even then...

I am so torn here. I complained a lot this Winter about the Biolite stove.
It comes in a tiny pouch and it is fairly light. If you had this somewhere with you and were in the woods- you would always have fuel. Months later you can find fuel.
We've decided that this little stove is perfect for when it isn't great for us to carry a fuel source. Maybe in the hold of the kayak etc.

It lights and gets screaming hot in a very short period of time but burns through fuel so quickly. So you always have to add twigs and little pieces of wood. It is neat for what it is. And I don't think you can compare it to the other stoves out there. It is a niche product I suppose.

It is trendy and expensive. But, it is also sort of neat.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD