Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cool new stuff!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Cool new stuff!
on: January 08, 2007, 07:07:34 PM
I got two packages in the mail today- one was a BO SuperTool 200 which as you can see from the pic is unfortunately rusting a little.  Other than the rust and a few scratches it's in great shape though.

Def

* BOST200.JPG (Filesize: 121.4 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Cool new stuff!
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:11:39 PM
The other package, from our own SwissBianco, included some waycool stuff too, including a new Rescue SAK, a factory plain edge OHT with bright yellow scalesand a clear kydex sheath, and a +Bianco Prybar, stamped '44 to match the '44 Soldier that Roger sent me last month!

Today was a great tool day!

Def

* Roger 006.jpg (Filesize: 69.94 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:12:09 PM
Prybar and OHT in clear kydex...

Def

* Roger 001.jpg (Filesize: 65.96 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:12:59 PM
Rescue SAK

Def

* Roger 011.jpg (Filesize: 69.48 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:14:57 PM
Notice anything really cool? :P

The plain edge OHT is a +Bianco exclusive right now, and is limited.  I am not certain if there are any left, but I am sure Roger will be around sooner or later to give more details.  Roger also has the best price on the Rescue SAKs that I know of, and I don't think they are available in the US until the Blade Show.

Def

* Roger 013.jpg (Filesize: 65.79 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 02:26:32 AM
January eighth, two thousand and seven; a date which will be revered forevermore in the annals of Multitool.org lore. The day our own Kingpin Administrator, Defender, scored what must surely be the greatest single haul of kick-ass tools in all of recorded history. Truly a "great tool day" indeed!

Whaddya think, passaround?  :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 02:48:17 AM
There is quite an impressive story behind that prybar- I'll have to get Roger to tell you the whole thing some time but it's really impressive!

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 03:09:36 AM
Yea I was just gonna say..I've never seen a prybar like that..
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:11:14 AM
Did I mention they are StayGlo scales?

Def

* Rescue_Glow.JPG (Filesize: 7.57 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 03:48:56 AM
Those stay-glo scales would look spooky-cool if you were carrying the knife in that clear kydex sheath, while walking down the street on a dark night.   :o
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 04:32:27 AM
Hmmmm.....2:00 pm post here, and a 1:00 pm post at the other Forum.

What did you do, cut out of work early and follow the Postal Delivery woman around until she got to your house?   :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 12:09:35 PM
Kind of... I had Monday off since I had to go to the hospital and get a full maintenance check... lube, oil & filter, tires rotated, belts tightened and fluids checked. 

Kind of would have rather been at work... :(

Def

Offline plowboy

Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 07:21:25 PM
Nice tools, Def.

Those yellow scales are great.

:)

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 09:38:40 PM
that sounds like an old nurse with big rubbergloves def. glad you enjoy the goods.

first that yellow, thats stayglow. i mean on the rescue tool with print on them and on the oht plain edge without the print. so that clear kydex for the teck lock etc make sense...

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 10:41:38 PM
ok now the story about that 1944 made wartime verry rare unusual prybar sak i found by an arab collector and now is over in canada.

its an secret tool made in swiss during an dark period, we where surrounded by nazi countrys and have to do ouer best to save the world from collecting saks with nazi stamps like you have on many firearms.

ouer general guisan, an french speaking men, give order to form an 5. line, an secret special swiss unit, the edelweiss. they where using spl equipment to work behind the enemy lines and one of that tools was that pry bar sak. cause general guisan had grow up nearby the wenger factory he now how useful the sak is but it lacks the prybar feature so he requested to design sutch an tool for spl troops.
an closer look and you see the spl features, the high tech scales with logo, an proove that here on swiss that technology is mutch older and tested by the military prior allowed to sell to civillians and exported.
many big collections and quality books dont have that pry bar sak and it was quite an mistery tool, some storys i hear as an kid from my granddad, as he was an member of the secret edelweiss, but only last april i was able to locate an real pcs, if only my granddad would have see that with me!
that rare, like new condition sample was in an collection by an arabic men that i deal with and it did unbeleavable things to get it.
that famous edelweiss soldiers and theyr pry bar tools saved swiss during ww2.

be verry careful with that pcs def!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 12:22:59 AM
More pics of the black oxide Super Tool 200...

Def

* BOST_Lock.JPG (Filesize: 58.18 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 12:25:22 AM
Nice tool... I like how LM "rolled" the edges of the handle to make it comfortable to use.

Def

* BOST_200a.JPG (Filesize: 48.93 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 05:17:27 AM
Nice tool... I like how LM "rolled" the edges of the handle to make it comfortable to use.

Def

Me too. The rolled edge seems classier to me than Leatherman's current method of molded plastic inserts, like on the Kick, Fuse, Blast series. Sure, both styles make for comfortable plier use, but the rolled edge says "quality" better.

(plus I like the way they hid the lanyard ring within the handle roll)

~Bob

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 07:40:25 PM
The other package, from our own SwissBianco, included some waycool stuff too, including a new Rescue SAK, a factory plain edge OHT with bright yellow scalesand a clear kydex sheath, and a +Bianco Prybar, stamped '44 to match the '44 Soldier that Roger sent me last month!

Today was a great tool day!

Def

What do you think about the Rescue SAK so far Def?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 12:10:59 AM
I am actually quite pleased with it.  I haven't yet had to haul someone out of a wrecked car, but it has performed adequately so far- something you'd expect from Victorinox.

About the only thing I am not fond of is the cheath.  It's well made, and I understand the bright colors, but it still just strikes me as something that belongs on Ronald McDonald's belt, not mine.  It's a little bright for EDC.

Def

DSCI2374.JPG
* DSCI2374.JPG (Filesize: 51.37 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 12:46:16 AM
:D That's funny!

.....serious question though; how easy/convenient is it to pop the saw blade and glass breaker device on and off?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 01:03:22 AM
You need pliers to take the glassbreak out, as pictured in the instructions.  The glass saw doesn't come out terribly easily, but again, with a decent multi can be out in under a minute if you are familiar with it.

Def

* Rescue_Instructions.JPG (Filesize: 96.12 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 01:38:17 AM
Hmmmm. I know Roger is thinking the same thing as I am; what other aftermarket accessory tools or blades could be modified to snap in in place of the saw or glass breaker?

~Bob

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 01:48:25 AM
You mean like this?

Def
DSCI2622.JPG
* DSCI2622.JPG (Filesize: 27.58 KB)
DSCI2624.JPG
* DSCI2624.JPG (Filesize: 30.17 KB)
DSCI2625.JPG
* DSCI2625.JPG (Filesize: 39.92 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 02:18:21 AM
Hah!  :D

I would say something like "great minds think alike" but that would only describe Roger, not me.  :P

~Bob :)

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:06 AM

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 12:07:10 PM
thanks for the pics!

now its test time and some details will chance.

better not tell what wicked tools else i have in my mind :angel:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:15 AM
I guess you've all seen this by now  ;)  http://www.victorinox.com/index.cfm?site=victorinox.ch&page=118&lang=D&id=200701091536506968

dunc

Thanks Dunc, I had not seen that clip yet.

I've got a Rescue Tool on my wish list. Hopefully the only thing I'll be "rescuing" with it is the contents of a beer bottle every now and then.  :)

* VRT1.jpg (Filesize: 31.68 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%