Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Survival Card

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Survival Card
on: December 12, 2016, 03:43:30 AM
No, not some inane OPT.

Those of you First Aid qual'd may or may not have a card in your wallet with quick refreshers and actions on it to remind you what to do in a panic.

Does anyone know of something similar for survival? (Y'know, how to start a fire, basic naval or plane signals)

I'm aware of the little folded up piece of orange paper than comes with Bear Grylls stuff. I was thinking something similar, but on a plastic or paper card?

It can be as corny as you like (if it comes in camo and has a zombie caution label in the corner, even better  :whistle: )

(I'm making a little gift set and wanted to include something)

(Plan C is to try to make something myself and print/laminate it)

us Offline docfossil

Re: Survival Card
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 01:11:40 AM
Brunton Pocket Survival Cards

A self contained survival information package no larger than a credit card. Provides essential field survival information on three waterproof cards to help if you're lost, hungry, hurt or cold. Also includes patented floating disk compass and fresnel magnifying lens. It's easy to remember survival do's and don'ts in the comfort of home, but when you're out there under stressful real-word situations these Pocket Survival Cards can be a life saving reference.

Don't know if Brunton still makes them; however, it seems like a number of businesses still carry them

I have seen reviews of this product which rate it from poor to great....I guess it depends on what you expect from the product.

There are others. If I can find the other one which I have, I will post info on it.

Vic Ranger and original Gerber Needle-nose Multitool = EDC
Formerly, Vic Huntsman x3
Semper Versitalis

us Offline docfossil

Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:22:59 AM
Here is another one.

Printed on 30 mil plastic credit card stock. Four white cards with survival tips, signaling tips, Morse code, trap and snare diagrams, fire building tips, navigation tips, Escape and Evasion tips and much more. Made in the USA.

See them on the website <http://www.eseeknives.com/survival-card-set.htm>

Don't have this product; however, it looks similar to one that I purchased several decades ago   :-o

Guess that I'm giving my age away!
Semper Versitalis

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 01:38:17 AM
I made my own  :)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline docfossil

Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:30:53 PM
The last set of survival cards that I recalled is a set that was produced by Lee Nading around 1976. This set included 4 plastic cards, 3"x5" and they were connected by a grommet. They were some in outdoor stores and through Campmor. I do not believe that they are still in production, however, I did see at least one set for sale on Ebay.

If I find the time, I will post a photos of the Brunton cards, and the Nading cards. I'll see what the weekend brings (snow, ice, etc. and whether I become housebound)

Semper Versitalis

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56