Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can you help me set up my Victorinox SOS/Survival pouch?

Aloha · 52 · 5385

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Can you help me set up my Victorinox SOS/Survival pouch?
Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 04:55:00 PM
Thanks for answering. :)
I see that SAK Guy is a crazy prepared kind of person..... When are we going to get taken over by Aliens?  :rofl:
-snip-

Ok, but when the Aliens (aided by the Leprechauns) take over, you will wish you had a BOB full of claret.....   :pok:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 04:58:19 PM

...dinner with Andrea...

This requires further explanation. Preferably with pictures accompanying the words. I'm confused as I have never gone to dinner with someone and expected the need to bug out. I simply won't go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Dinner_with_Andre

The BOB is required when you leave suddenly in order to avoid watching that movie again.....
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 06:39:40 PM
Sorry-BUG=Bug Out Bag(I believe.).  :cheers:

LOL, ok a BOB!  :tu:

I have several...for wildfire, tornado, ELE, insurrection, dinner with Andrea, invasion, Black Friday, economic collapse, alien takeover, halitosis, fall of Rome, return of the Ex etc....    :dd: (btw, the return of he Ex bag is nicely stocked with claret  :tu: )

You rock so hard SAK Guy - What's ELE though? And which one would you take if you had to travel to Mordor (round the corner from Zoidbergs I believe) to destroy the one ring?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 07:22:03 PM
The Victorinox Survival Kit with some mods.
DSCN2106.JPG
* DSCN2106.JPG (Filesize: 186.67 KB)
DSCN2107.JPG
* DSCN2107.JPG (Filesize: 191.09 KB)
DSCN2108.JPG
* DSCN2108.JPG (Filesize: 195.4 KB)
DSCN2109.JPG
* DSCN2109.JPG (Filesize: 197.49 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 07:27:55 PM

I have several...for wildfire, tornado, ELE, insurrection, dinner with Andrea, invasion, Black Friday, economic collapse, alien takeover, halitosis, fall of Rome, return of the Ex etc....    :dd: (btw, the return of he Ex bag is nicely stocked with claret  :tu: )

You rock so hard SAK Guy - What's ELE though? And which one would you take if you had to travel to Mordor (round the corner from Zoidbergs I believe) to destroy the one ring?

Lol! Thanks!  ELE = Extinction Level Event!!    :D

A Mordor BOB would be equipped with a fast short sword, Elven bow/arrows, be lined with Mithril (field expedient shield) and include Second Breakfast, Elevenses and tea/tobacco. Additionally, a Sat phone programmed with White Council members cells might come in handy... :2tu:

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 07:30:25 PM

Awesome kit toolguy !!!!!!   :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 09:13:37 PM
Awesome kit toolguy !!!!!!   :cheers:

Thanks brother.

There are only about five additions but they include fire starting,illumination and spare batteries,knife sharpening and a miniature written survival guide.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:12 PM

A Mordor BOB would be equipped with a fast short sword, Elven bow/arrows, be lined with Mithril (field expedient shield) and include Second Breakfast, Elevenses and tea/tobacco. Additionally, a Sat phone programmed with White Council members cells might come in handy... :2tu:
I would add a horse or a truck to that kit.
90% of the movie all everybody did was walk. Even the freaking trees walked...lol!

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 02:36:49 PM
 :rofl:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #39 on: June 05, 2015, 03:53:46 PM

Very thorough - The only extras I would include are Dwarf bread (it last a lonnnnngggg time)  and an 'Eagle call', because let's face it, it's the Eagles who are going to save us.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #40 on: June 05, 2015, 04:17:24 PM
I have a single pouch SOS kit and the main changes I made are to rearrange things enough to squeeze one of these in.

and also replace the Solitaire with a LED Lenser A3. More light and 10x the runtime.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 05:10:36 PM
Those Doans work great!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: June 05, 2015, 05:11:41 PM

Very thorough - The only extras I would include are Dwarf bread (it last a lonnnnngggg time)  and an 'Eagle call', because let's face it, it's the Eagles who are going to save us.

Well thought out my friend!!!  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 05:51:36 PM

Well thought out my friend!!!  :cheers:
To the Eagles :cheers:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 10:48:36 AM
To the White Rider!  :cheers:
Things would have turned out much worse if not for him.

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #45 on: June 09, 2015, 02:59:55 PM
To the White Rider!  :cheers:
Things would have turned out much worse if not for him.

And to the Hobbits! :cheers:
And to a successful derail everyone! :cheers:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: June 09, 2015, 03:52:13 PM
Indeed, halflings are sturdy creatures.

Btw,  I'll take Lembas over Cram any day. :tu:
Whats dwarf bread anyway? Are you thinking of Cram?

All hail the hook!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:12 AM
Indeed, halflings are sturdy creatures.

Btw,  I'll take Lembas over Cram any day. :tu:
Whats dwarf bread anyway? Are you thinking of Cram?

Dwarf bread is a Terry Pratchett creation gently ppoking fun at lembas. The idea is that it is so inedible it lasts any journey you bring it on because no one will eat it.

From Wikipedia:

Rock-hard (and indeed contains various rocks such as gravel), never goes stale, and is terribly sustaining. A traveller can go for miles, just knowing there's dwarf bread in their pack. A traveller can think of just about anything to eat rather than dwarf bread including their own foot and even pumpkins (see Witches Abroad).

Various forms of dwarf bread can be used as weapons, e.g. battle muffins and drop scones.

Proper dwarf bread has to be not just baked, but forged (with gravel, of course) and dropped in rivers and dried out, and sat on and left, and looked at every day and then put away again. For preference, its use as a cat's litter box is also recommended. Dwarfs generally devour it with their eyes, because even dwarfs have trouble with devouring it any other way.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 05:29:30 PM
Ughh... Yep, I'll take Lembas please. Even Orc liqour. Even Cram.
Just not Dwarf bread!  :ahhh

All hail the hook!

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 11:30:58 AM
I can't understand why any one would add a pencil sharpener to the kit when there is perfectly good knife.  If It was my kit I would use a different knife(s).  A swiss champ always struck me as more trouble than it's worth.  There are other things that I would carry, but they don't fit in that pouch, a bandanna and a daisy chain braid of paracord are two such things.

Some one mentioned there's no civil unrest in Ireland, that might depend on whether or not you are culturally acclimated.  It would be a grievous error to think of a country, that has hurling as national sport, as merely quaint.  Make no mistake, Ireland is a wonderful place, but ... ,

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 05:29:49 PM
I want a pouch like that! Found one one the bay for €7.50 but couldn't bring myself paying €20 (!!) Shipping costs...

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:16 PM
I can't understand why any one would add a pencil sharpener to the kit when there is perfectly good knife.  If It was my kit I would use a different knife(s).  A swiss champ always struck me as more trouble than it's worth.  There are other things that I would carry, but they don't fit in that pouch, a bandanna and a daisy chain braid of paracord are two such things.

A pencil sharpener for the size/weight for some is useful vs having to use their knife.  I'm happy to use my knife but thats how I roll. 

As far as a bandana and cordage  :tu:.  Those can easily be carried in pocket especially the bandana.

The pouch set up has changed owners since posting this.  I now use a single sheath SOS and have my Swisschamp also tinder quicks and small ferro rod.  I  have a signal mirror in it as well. 

Whenever I am out hiking or just exploring I always have my1st aid kit that has cordage.   

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD