Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Buck 110 Movie Thread

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Buck 110 Movie Thread
on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:52 AM
Amici,
Let's start a thread that contains any movie that has a Buck 110 or Buck 112 featured in any scene, story line or prop.

I actually know of a few, but I'll wait to see what any of you come up with before I post..

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Re: Buck 110 Movie Thread
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:34:20 AM
Amici,
Since no one has posted any flicks yet, I've decided to get things going along. So here are a few that have a Buck 110 present, these are:

1 - "Ruckus" - 1980 - Which starred Dirk Benedict of as well as Linda Blair as the potential love interest.. In Ruckus, the character uses a Buck 110 for everything you can imagine.. I remember seeing this as a kid and was awestruck that the Buck 110 could do any of the things as illustrated in the flick..

2- "In Search Of Bigfoot" 1975 - A documentary about the search for the elusive creature filmed around Mt. Saint Helen's. One of the researchers carries and uses a mint 1960's Buck 110 throughout the film.

3- "At Play In The Fields Of The Lord" 1991 - Tom Berenger's character "Moon" wears a 110 in front on his belt.

4- "Striptease" - 1996 - Deme Moore's character is terrorized by her ex-husband brandishing a Buck 110 in a few scenes.

5- "Vertical Limit" -2000 - Chris O'Donnell's character Pete Garrett uses what appears to be a Buck 110 to cut the rope that attaches him to his father and sister which causes the last anchor to slowly detach from the rock fissure due to the weight.

6- "Red Dawn" - 1984 - Patrick Swayze's lead character, "Jed" carries a Buck 110 on his belt.

7 - "Into The Wild" - 2007 - The film stars Emile Hirsch as Chris McCandless who carries a blue handled Buck 110 on his belt. It is an adaptation of the 1996 non-fiction book of the same name by Jon Krakauer based on the travels of the real life vagabond wannabe Christopher McCandless who was eventually found alone and dead from starvation in an abandoned bus that was used as shelter for hunters in Denali Park, Alaska in the winter/early spring of 1992.

Now here's one regarding the Buck 112:

1- "The Thing" - 1982 - Richard Masur's character, "Clark" the dog handler carries and brandishes a 112 throughout the flick before his demise.

If I can think of any others, I'll post them..

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:33:29 PM
...I kinda want to watch those movies now...just because of the knife! I didn't realize there were so many films with one In it!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 10:31:35 PM
all i can say is Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 10:58:41 PM
Can't say I can think of a movie with a Buck 110 in it,but it's good to see you back Serge :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Philby

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:58:42 PM
Walking dead.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 83.76 KB)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 11:27:37 PM
Just noticed what I think is a 112 in Kill Bill vol 1.

Skip to 25 seconds.

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (3/12) Movie CLIP - My Name is Buck (2003) HD

Edit: Due to the content of that clip I'm swapping it out for a screenshot.
Search the title above on youtube if you want to see it.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:31:54 AM by zoidberg »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:35 AM
What an iconic design. 

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 03:29:38 AM

Oh sorry about that. I stopped watching the video right after I saw the 112 and completely forgot about the rest of the clip.  :-[
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:45:19 AM

Oh sorry about that. I stopped watching the video right after I saw the 112 and completely forgot about the rest of the clip.  :-[

No stress capt. I quite like that film. Might watch some of it later on.

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 08:31:21 PM
Oddly I have a Schrade Old timer that is the same design as a Buck 110, and I still want a Buck too
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 07:28:14 PM
In S1E3 of Dukes of Hazzard,uncle Jessie uses a 110 to prepare explosive arrows for Bo and Luke
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 07:28:17 AM

Now here's one regarding the Buck 112:

1- "The Thing" - 1982 - Richard Masur's character, "Clark" the dog handler carries and brandishes a 112 throughout the flick before his demise.

Quote from: LA Weekly
Masur: During rehearsal, [Keith David] and I started talking about how our characters felt about each other. That’s how we [knew we didn't like each other.] Like in the scene where Childs pulls a gun on my character and I pull a knife on him. Mind you: In California, it was really hard to get a knife that would flip open. I wanted it to be a buck knife, so I got one at a survivalist store. And while I was there, I also got a little attachment so you could flick the knife open with your thumb. I oiled the hell out of that knife and cut my hand several times.
http://www.laweekly.com/film/the-men-who-were-the-thing-look-back-on-a-modern-horror-classic-7481937
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 03:24:43 PM
I can't really believe that NOBODY has made any mention of Longmire!

Walt Longmire is the bastion of law and order with is old Colt 1911 .45 and the Buck 110 that is his constant companions. In one episode he even uses the Buck to dispatch a bad guy about to kill him.

If you haven't seen Longmire, all 6 seasons are now on Netflix. It's a 'gotta see it' show.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%