Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

who am i kidding :-)

Zed · 31 · 1290

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
who am i kidding :-)
on: March 04, 2015, 07:40:01 PM
I told a few close members recently that i was going to have a break from mto,long story short,ive a few health issues that get me down plus job issues,ive also some personal problems that are getting me down,so i thought it was best i take a break and try and sort myvlife out,well it seems i cant live without you guys,so im going know where,this site is therapy for me and is the best place on the net,big thanks too all that help and chat too me  :salute:

All the best
paul  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: who am i kidding :-)
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:59 PM
If anything hopefully MTo can be your reforge from all that.  Sorry to hear of the struggles and know that I for one am routing for you.  Keep your head up brother,  life tends to kick us all in the SAK from time to time.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:48:28 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:45:49 PM
Hang in there Paul, we're all here for you brother!!   :salute:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 07:47:31 PM
I told a few close members recently that i was going to have a break from mto,long story short,ive a few health issues that get me down plus job issues,ive also some personal problems that are getting me down,so i thought it was best i take a break and try and sort myvlife out,well it seems i cant live without you guys,so im going know where,this site is therapy for me and is the best place on the net,big thanks too all that help and chat too me  :salute:

All the best
paul  :tu:

I'm really sorry to hear that buddy. Just remember that things always do get better, just do your best to keep your head up. Sometimes distractions are better as they help keep your mind from slipping in the wrong direction if you focus too much on the things plaguing you. If theres anything that can be done to help you know this is a place of friends. Glad you're sticking around!

Kyle
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:34 PM
Thanks mate  :tu: means a lot,i plod along but had a bit of a problem this week in my personal life,plus have too see my doc on friday as a issue with a recent blood test,fingers crossed nothing too bad,the list of health problems gets longer every year plus my depression doesnt help,keeping my mind focused on sak's and mt's helps  :tu: thanks everyone for the support  :salute:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
I'm glad your sticking around Paul :tu:

It's difficult not to have a chuckle,or find a grin in the amount of smurf we all come out with here...does wonders for keeping a constant level in my insanity ;)
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:42:58 PM
We would miss you Paul. So don't be going off and doing life things now.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:03:54 PM
Thanks mate  :tu: means a lot,i plod along but had a bit of a problem this week in my personal life,plus have too see my doc on friday as a issue with a recent blood test,fingers crossed nothing too bad,the list of health problems gets longer every year plus my depression doesnt help,keeping my mind focused on sak's and mt's helps  :tu: thanks everyone for the support  :salute:

I truly wish you the best of luck with the tests, situations such as that are always horrible to be in. Let us know how you fare buddy, if you don't mind

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:02:13 PM
Keep your head up Paul and I wish you the best of luck. If you need anything or just want to shoot the bull, let me know.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:44 PM
Glad you're sticking around zed. It wouldn't be the same if you weren't here.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:42 PM
I hope the best for you. As an MTO member, you will never walk alone. We might not have any measurable effect on your health or personal problems, but we care.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 01:34:04 AM
It will always workout bud. Glad to see you stuck around.

You didn't mention financial problems, I'd buy a new MT! That always helps me anyways

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 01:46:34 AM
We are always here for you- we look after our own.  Always have, always will.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 02:19:53 AM
I'm glad your sticking around Paul :tu:

It's difficult not to have a chuckle,or find a grin in the amount of smurf we all come out with here...does wonders for keeping a constant level in my insanity ;)

Somehow this insanity is re-invigorating to my so-called sanity. There's a gun in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy I'm rather envious of; the emotions gun where targets hit with it feel what the person pulling the trigger is feeling. Imagine if you could use that to imbue some MT.O spirit into the rest of the world.

Why would you leave, Zed matey? I never thought I'd make it to 500 posts but I did. The people in these forums is the reason for that and you're one of them. I hope you get those medical issues all sorted and please stick around  :cheers:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 02:40:39 AM
Thanks everyone this means a lot too me,it's snowballed this week as health bad and not sure of results till Friday too top it off my ex wifes taken my daughter to London to live,so its all a bit much at the moment, but all your support means a lot to me  :salute:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:50 AM
Well my friend, I'm glad you can't stay away ;)  I hope you are able to get everything sorted that is bothering you, and always feel free to throw me a PM if you want another fella to chat with :tu:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 06:41:06 AM
 :waving: Hello Mate

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:28 AM
 :salute:

another thing that gave me a bit of focus this week was the dirty seized huntsman i picked up at a car booty last Sunday, it had a small snap of the tip of the small blade and all the tools had seized up,i really enjoyed cleaning it and re profiling the small blade, plus changed the worn economy scales,its now looking good,and working super victorinox smooth  :salute:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:07:42 AM by Zed »

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:44 AM
this site is therapy for me and is the best place on the net,big thanks too all that help and chat too me  :salute:

Oh yes, I can sign that!  :tu:
Hang in there, Paul. To become a little poetic: We have march, you survived the depth of winter and spring is coming. May it lift up your spirits!

We might not have any measurable effect on your health or personal problems, but we care.

I have to say, knowing that everyone here cares, is having a measurable effect, at least on me.

Not only that people care (Even if you have never seen them face to face), but also the welcoming atmosphere here.
While on some parts of the internet the sign "Here be dragons" might be written, on MTo it is more like "Here be family"!   :drink:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 05:09:48 PM
 :salute: thanks a gain everyone  :tu: ill let you all know how it goes at the docs tomorrow, i also need to sort my job out as getting me down and not helping me mentally, thanks again for all these kind words  :tu: mto is more family than just a forum  :salute:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 07:00:54 PM

another thing that gave me a bit of focus this week was the dirty seized huntsman i picked up at a car booty last Sunday, it had a small snap of the tip of the small blade and all the tools had seized up,i really enjoyed cleaning it and re profiling the small blade, plus changed the worn economy scales,its now looking good,and working super victorinox smooth  :salute:

This is me with bikes. There's nothing that calms my head more than sitting down with a "new" wreck of a bike and slowly tearing it down and getting everything back to clean and smooth working shape. It's like therapy

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 07:16:00 PM

This is me with bikes. There's nothing that calms my head more than sitting down with a "new" wreck of a bike and slowly tearing it down and getting everything back to clean and smooth working shape. It's like therapy

this was also my life for many years,ive still got 3 bike projects ill finnish one day  :salute:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:22 PM
Just a quick update as saw my doc today,blood results show a problem with my liver,so having a scan done ,he toĺd me that i had problems with my lungs again,ive got one that collapses now and then,long story but ive got a low immune systen so get viruses and bad chest infections regularly, he upted my meds for my Fibromyalgia as getting to a point i struggle to walk,my works a big problem as we are so short staffed ive been covering lots of extra shifts for the last 8 months and now taking its toll,i had too take my name off my 5th 12hr night shift this week,i told our head of care and she huffed at me,as too say im smurfed off is a understatement, sadly my wife lost her job 8 months ago and her new job pays as bad as mine,this is the reason ive been working extras,but im going to be carefull how many extra i do this month,anyway moan over  :tu:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:25:16 PM by Zed »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 07:54:02 PM
I know it may be easier said than done, but try to keep your chin up buddy.....

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 07:56:18 PM

thanks mate  :tu: im trying,having a family really helps as i want let them see me down,ill plod along and distract myself with my hobbies  :salute:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

thanks mate  :tu: im trying,having a family really helps as i want let them see me down,ill plod along and distract myself with my hobbies  :salute:
You know this place is great for hanging out, and like you and many others have said, it's like a family ;)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 08:25:18 PM
Any time you're feeling down and/or next time you're having a pint, remember you have friends here. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 08:32:53 PM
Yeah, hang in there Zed. Care work is tough at the best of times. It's cool you can keep the hobbies up. All the best mate.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline Pignut71

Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 08:53:21 PM
Hey Paul, chin up. Life will sort itself out. I've been in a similar position with ongoing health issues, lost my job just before Xmas which was a grim time but things are looking up now and I always tell myself that things could always be worse and there is always someone worse off. Just keep smiling and tinkering with MT's! Try and spend as much time as possible with your children, that always made me feel better (when they were not bickering!!).
Take care, Jon.

Sent using my chubby fingers...

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 10:30:15 PM
Personally, the thought that things could always be worse doesn't console me; instead it infuriates me but let's not go there.

Zed, your work with elder people with dementia is a great service to society even if people (money-grabbing bosses included) don't realise that.

I think I understand how difficult your work can be at times as I see my grandma who's developped some form of dementia after a stroke she had a few years ago. It's painful to see her not reckognise me or thinking she's in another time and place and not being able to maintain a proper conversation for long. Nevertheless, I should be visiting more despite all the adversities  :-[

I urge you to love yourself, optimistic stance towards disease and infirmity has a positive impact on how your body reacts to all that. Loving yourself also means not wearing your self out so much if at all possible. I reckon pondering about SAKs and MTs takes up some of my time and money but it also gives me some peace of mind in many ways. Well, not always but in general it does. Same with hanging around MT.O :tu:

Sorry to hear about your lass. Are you far from London? I hope you can see eachother often :salute:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD