Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

4.5" Leatherman Sheath Wanted

Offline Jack Daniels

4.5" Leatherman Sheath Wanted
on: March 08, 2015, 02:03:18 AM
Do any of you have one of these sheaths you are willing to part with?

This style of sheath is discontinued, and I can't find one on eBay. I have one of the newer nylon sheaths with the elastic sides. I think that design is a really dumb idea. Leatherman could learn a lot from Skinth Solutions, if they were really smart. Okay, they are smart. I could never design a tool like they have. But that sheath design is stupid.

I have only used this type of sheath for the past 25 years or so, or since they were first available, and it's the only kind I want to use.

I might order a Skinth for this purpose, but I don't like snaps. A new one of these will last me 10 years or more. If I can buy two or three, more the better.

Some of you like leather, some Molle, or whatever. When we buy a new Leatherman, if we don't like the sheath it goes in the junk drawer and stays there for 10 years (like I do with Molles), so somebody out there has one.

Thanks.

gb Offline Philby

Re: 4.5" Leatherman Sheath Wanted
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:22 AM
This is a bit smaller, but should fit the wave. http://www.knifecenter.com/item/LM930381/leatherman-930381-black-nylon-sheath
Edit: Just realised its a surge in your photo, sorry!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:36:54 AM by Philby »

Offline Jack Daniels

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 01:02:45 PM
This is a bit smaller, but should fit the wave. http://www.knifecenter.com/item/LM930381/leatherman-930381-black-nylon-sheath
Edit: Just realised its a surge in your photo, sorry!

There are lots of 4" nylon sheaths available, but I don't carry a 4" tool.

I didn't see the 'Tools needed' forum. I tried to find the appropriate place to post this. Thanks, Zoidberg.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 01:28:53 PM
No problem mate.  :)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 07:57:55 PM
I just got a ST-200 from E-bay yesterday and it came with one of these sheaths. The guy removed the LM logo but other than that it's in good shape. Pm me and I can send you some pics if you are interested and we can work on a deal. I prefer Leather sheaths anyway.

Offline Jack Daniels

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:17:30 PM
I've purchased a good used sheath from Steve, but I would still like to buy a few more, so if you have one you'll never use, please let me know! :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%