Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Smashie · 550 · 25592

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/33161321

Chris Evans confirmed as Jeremy Clarkson replacement  - James and Richard are out too.  All new cast.

TV and radio personality Chris Evans will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up, the BBC has announced.
Evans said he was "thrilled" to get the job, describing the motoring show as his "favourite programme of all time".
"I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward," he added.

Car enthusiast Evans has signed a three-year deal with the BBC Two show.
An "all-new" line-up means Clarkson's co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May will not be involved.
Top Gear is watched by 350 million viewers worldwide and is one of the BBC's biggest shows, with overseas sales worth an estimated £50m a year.
Production on the new series of Top Gear will start in the next few weeks and the BBC said more information would be announced in due course.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Woah... This is heavy man.

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
They are a global brand, recognised worldwide, whereas Chris Evans is really only known in the UK. His last TV hit, I think, was TFI Friday or don't forget your toothbrush, a loooooong time ago.

He is also not the coolest bloke around..... but he likes cars, though he has no experience in car journalism, from what I understand.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
What? Only known in the UK?  :ahhh
We know who Capt America is in Ireland, but I cant speak for the rest of the globe or America.  :think:

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
 :rofl:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Chris Evans? Isn't that the guy running around with a Puerto Rican flag on his chest and calling himself Captain America, while in reality he only has a corporal's rank?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

This one...  :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
I see....
I prefer the OTHER Chris Evans, but I'm sure this fellow has his good points..
He married Billie Piper for awhile, after all...

:D

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
she is one of those weirdly attractive/unattractive women... you can never really decide - head too big or too square or something..   :think:

She was sticking her tongue out, before it became fashionable !!  :D

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Chris who ?  He doesn't have much of a profile down here in the antipodes  :pok:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Never seen or heard of him before. shrugs.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nz Offline Syncop8r

she is one of those weirdly attractive/unattractive women... you can never really decide - head too big or too square or something..   :think:

I think it's her mouth...  :think:

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
I think clarkson was overdue with his attitude.. I mostly watched top gear for captain slow and Hammond. Sadly they left too.
I hope Evans will have good co hosts and that they are able to rock the show too!

-----------------------------
Using a future communicator stolen from the NCC-1701

hr Offline styx

This opens up a possibility to have 2 strong "car" shows
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNxb6bqQ5Tg

I doubt Chris Evans can be considered strong cast.. more happy and giggly  really.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Once upon a time,no one had heard of Jezza  :pok:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
He was in the old versions of TG and wrote in magazines, and he was known for his strong personality/views ..

Chris is Known for his boyish smile and lack of any car related journalism experience. (Noel Edmonds has the same style, and car journalism experience..)

Personally I never found him amusing, when I was sober..
I really do not know... maybe they will change the format dramatically, so as to suit him more. (Remember when the "new cast" of dukes of Hazard was, temporarily, introduced and they were just doing the same script as the proper cast - it was not nice)

So, you are an evans fan then ?  :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
One co-host will be female !!!   :ahhh   :ahhh 
Yes, different format, less manly, more PC...
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/evans-makes-u-turn-host-top-gear-000236982.html#8efN3Ht

Newly-appointed Top Gear presenter Chris Evans has confirmed he will be joined by a female co-host on the show, sparking speculation former model Jodie Kidd is in the driving seat for the job.
Evans, who was announced as the new host of the hit show last night, told Radio 5 Live's Nicky Campbell he could "100%" confirm he would have a female co-star "but not for the sake of it".

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
.... you will not catch Jodie Kidd talking about that, or about fizzing... :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
The only way I know Chris Evans was because of Top Gear when James may borrowed one of his vintage Ferraris to film a segment.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
AFAIC Top Gear has just done a "Two and a half Men" except they haven't just replaced the un-PC lead (who everybody tuned in to see behaving badly), they've replaced all the stars.

Death of the show as we knew and loved it. i.e. Three lads being yobbos and having a laugh.

I hope the rumours aren't true and I have to get netflix to see the boys again.

us Offline buck

I always thought "Fracas" would make a good name for a cat.
PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
He was in the old versions of TG and wrote in magazines, and he was known for his strong personality/views ..

Chris is Known for his boyish smile and lack of any car related journalism experience. (Noel Edmonds has the same style, and car journalism experience..)

Personally I never found him amusing, when I was sober..
I really do not know... maybe they will change the format dramatically, so as to suit him more. (Remember when the "new cast" of dukes of Hazard was, temporarily, introduced and they were just doing the same script as the proper cast - it was not nice)

So, you are an evans fan then ?  :D

Hell no! Not at all. I was just making a point that once upon a time Clarkson was just some pokey guy off some pokey British car show.

To be honest,of what I've seen of the old Top Gear,I really liked the team of Quinton Wilson,VBH,and Tiffany Dell
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
It should be noted that Chris Evans hosts the most popular breakfast radio show in the UK.  Something like 10 million people are used to hearing him every morning while eating their cornflakes or driving to work.  So while he's not had a big TV success for a while, he's hardly disappeared from broadcasting. ;)

I actually quite like the idea of Jodie Kidd.  She's been on the show a few times over the years and always seemed to be up for a laugh and took her driving seriously.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
The old TG was good, for its time.

Even 5th gear, which has some of the people you mentioned above, now uses a more fun format, though it is nowhere as popular as TG. 
They all sound a bit "posh", I think.

Tiff can be funny and so can Vicky.

Gareth - Chris Evans, a Face only for radio    :rofl:   (not that JC was a looker, though they both do OK with the ladies, so what do I know...) 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Looks to me that Top Gear is dead. Sorry to see this as it was one of my favorite shows. I personally feel that the 3 hosts made the show, and can't be replaced. These new guys...hope they just don't step into a show called Top Gear. Now if they create a new show around them, that would be for the best I think.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
They could change the name of the show to "Neutral"  :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
AFAIC Top Gear has just done a "Two and a half Men" except they haven't just replaced the un-PC lead (who everybody tuned in to see behaving badly), they've replaced all the stars.

Death of the show as we knew and loved it. i.e. Three lads being yobbos and having a laugh.

I hope the rumours aren't true and I have to get netflix to see the boys again.
I sort of disagree that it has to be that way... British shows like to replace their main characters mostly without ill-effect.

IMNSHO There are two major points on how well that can work:
How much of the show was scripted?
With 2.5 men the problem was that the show had run its course and they tried to revive it with a new lead, new direction the story was going. First, I'm not sure 2.5 men would have stayed successful with Charlie Sheen and if they simply had replaced Charlie Sheen it might have continued its success. I have no clue how much Top Gear is Clarkson/May/Hammond and how much is BBC machinery. But at least the great image taking and lots of nature on their trips is probably all BBC (I feel that is half the show already).

Connections
Who brought in all those cars for testing? Were those Clarksons connection? Personally, I feel BBC should do fine in that department.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
JC was behind the TG format and actually owned a part of the program until a few years ago. The whole show was his and his friend's idea, design and they did organise most of it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%