Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Smashie · 550 · 25786

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
This is my all-time favorite show, so I'm honestly bummed. Ive got like 9 episodes on my ipod.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
what seems to be happening:

The TG as we knew it is finished..

JC will appear in the live tour of TG

The shows, which will be stripped of all BBC content, will now be called Clarkson, Hammond and May Live. The first will take place in Belfast on 22 May. The tour will visit venues around the world including Australia, South Africa and the UK.

The remaining episodes will be broadcasted, at some time in the future..

http://www.theweek.co.uk/62887/jeremy-clarkson-last-top-gear-episodes-to-be-salvaged

There are no news of any new series with the three TG presenters on any channel.

APRILS FOOL :  JC is trying to redeem himself by going green   :facepalm:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/apr/01/jeremy-clarkson-joins-guardian-drive-for-fossil-fuel-divestment

Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment
Former Top Gear presenter says being sacked by the BBC was a ‘wake-up call’ as he joins host of celebrities backing climate change campaign

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
That article was definitely an April Fool prank but I read another article by him a few years back which was remarkably candid about the financial situation and oil supplies. I will try and find a link to it.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32407898/bbc-to-show-final-top-gear-episodes-featuring-clarkson

"The final episodes of Top Gear featuring Jeremy Clarkson will be shown by the BBC.
Kim Shillinglaw, BBC Two's controller, said the scenes filmed before Clarkson was suspended are likely to air this summer."

likely....  :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Top Gear stars Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond in ITV talks

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/08/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-james-may-richard-hammond-itv-bbc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Is anyone else as shocked as I am that they will just continue on elsewhere? 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Im not surpried at all  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
You either huh?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
There big money,i bet itv will rip there arm off,im a fan of TG but Clarkson does now and then act a smurf,be interesting too see what itv do with the show  :-\
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:44:41 PM by Zed »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

Def

Yup. I think it's high time we stopped celebrating bigotry, idiocy and the lowest common demoninator as if it's something we've lost in the name of political correctness, which, after all,  is just another way of saying 'Be respectful'.

Clarkson should have been up in court for all the racist sexist and homophobic crap he comes out with.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!

Def

Yup. I think it's high time we stopped celebrating bigotry, idiocy and the lowest common demoninator as if it's something we've lost in the name of political correctness, which, after all,  is just another way of saying 'Be respectful'.

Clarkson should have been up in court for all the racist sexist and homophobic crap he comes out with.
I agree mate. We'd be carted of and clapped in irons and rightfully so ::)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

Def

I agree mate. We'd be carted of and clapped in irons and rightfully so ::)

Sorry Mike, but he's always got the 'I was only joking' cliche to hide behind, while using clearly racist, sexist and homophobic language which, if I used at work, would get me sacked and maybe prosecuted (quite rightly) and then he went and punched out a co-worker!

If someone as high profile as him doesn't act respectfully towards people who have done nothing to harm him, what sort of message does it give to the vunerable members of our society.

How long would someone on this forum be able to act like Clarkson before they were banned?

No time at all if they didn't change their attitude and this is why it's such a great forum

Don't apologize cos if your wrong then I am too :D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

Sorry (again) it was the rolly eyes smiley that made me think you were being sarky.  :facepalm:

Been a long frustrating election day.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I'll take Clarkson and all of his comments any day over Honey Boo Boo, the Real Housewives of anywhere or any orange skinned sociopathic sex fiends from the Jersey Shore any day of the week.

Def

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
I'll take Clarkson and all of his comments any day over Honey Boo Boo, the Real Housewives of anywhere or any orange skinned sociopathic sex fiends from the Jersey Shore any day of the week.

Def

Doesn't have to be one or the other - we could get rid of the lot. >:D

Sorry (again) it was the rolly eyes smiley that made me think you were being sarky.  :facepalm:

Hasn't it just :(

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

Hasn't it just :(
Group hug? Off for an early night. Put the day behind me and move on in the morning.

Goodnight people of mto, the best forum there is  :salute:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Didn't the TG producer also quit a few weeks back?? It would be laughable if they simply just set up shop on ITV.

But the BBC actually own the rights to TopGear - and I'm betting they'll turn nasty if the trio attempt to capitalise from the TG formula.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
The formula wouldn't surprise me. Maybe not the Stig segments but something very similar
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Didn't the TG producer also quit a few weeks back?? It would be laughable if they simply just set up shop on ITV.

But the BBC actually own the rights to TopGear - and I'm betting they'll turn nasty if the trio attempt to capitalise from the TG formula.

BBC may own the "Top Gear" name, but I doubt that you can successfully sue over the "formula" for a TV show - rather hard to patent, let alone prove you were the "first" to do anything on TV (most shows these days seem to be re-cycled variations and combinations from stuff that has been on before).  It would probably come down to which company has the deepest pockets/best lawyers.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Who is to say that the "formula" isn't Clarkson, Hammond and May?  Look at the US Top Gear- same format, different guys, total fail.  If it's all about cars then I challenge the BBC to continue Top Gear with three other presenters and put it up against the new show with Clarkson, May and Hammond and see who comes out on top.

Frankly I think the viewers would win in such a competition because we'd get two great shows out of it.

Def

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33059863

From the BBC:

" A trailer for Jeremy Clarkson's final episode of Top Gear has been released by the BBC.

The episode will feature two films shot before Clarkson was suspended from Top Gear and eventually sacked.
Co-presenter Richard Hammond and James May return to the studio to present links from the studio, with Clarkson noticeably absent.

No date has been given for transmission, and the BBC has yet to decide how Top Gear may return.

It contains two films which, in classic Top Gear style, feature cheap bangers, caravans and a race to the finish line for the three presenters to avoid a forfeit.

The Top Gear trio have been appearing together in a series of live shows, which were originally meant to be under the Top Gear banner, but have since been rebranded Clarkson, Hammond and May Live and stripped of all BBC branding."

There are various articles on them joining ITV, Netfix and even returning to the BBC in various newspapers

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Returning to BBC huh?  I guess that's a rather obvious loophole then.  If the law says the person must be fired if they assaulted someone, maybe it doesn't say anything about rehiring them?

Def

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
I'm so sick of people seeming above the law - looks like Oscar Pistorius may be released really soon as well. Seems like you can do whatever you want when you're a 'celeb' - it's lucky the vast majority of us are decent people isn't it? I hate to think what the world would be like if we all behaved like the upper echelons of society. :facepalm:

hr Offline styx

I'm a fan but this would be dumb move from BBC
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
I'm so sick of people seeming above the law - looks like Oscar Pistorius may be released really soon as well. Seems like you can do whatever you want when you're a 'celeb' - it's lucky the vast majority of us are decent people isn't it? I hate to think what the world would be like if we all behaved like the upper echelons of society. :facepalm:

Nothing about your post but the green jelly scales on the SAK in your avatar are fantastic!  We need a full sized verson posted.  :gimme:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

Nothing about your post but the green jelly scales on the SAK in your avatar are fantastic!  We need a full sized verson posted.  :gimme:

Glad to oblige

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
" the BBC confirmed today that Clarkson recorded a voiceover to go with unseen footage previously filmed for Top Gear before he was axed.

While James May and Richard Hammond filmed the links for the special at the Top Gear track in Surrey earlier this month, Clarkson will not appear other than in the films.

The special, due to be screened on BBC2 in the next few weeks, is likely to be the trio’s swansong on the show.

Today a BBC spokeswoman confirmed that Clarkson was helping to get his last Top Gear on the air.

“He has done the voiceover for Top Gear. He came in to the BBC the week before last. He didn’t get paid to do it.

"Even though this happened after his contract was not renewed, it falls under his old contract.”

She added: “He is not banned from appearing on the BBC.”"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-filming-top-gear--5882730

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%