Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

any beardsmen on this forum

Weasel · 683 · 29255

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: any beardsmen on this forum
Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 12:50:58 PM
What? What?  :rant:
He asked for tips.
Keep the woman pleased, is there a better tip than this?

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:18 PM
(Also, nowadays, you may look like an ISIS member with a certain type of beard.)

After reading the above comment and thinking that I might need to attract women in the future, maybe a beard isn't that smart of an idea.

Weasel

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:45 PM
I may sound like a hopeless romantic, but then again, many cynics are: "Attracting women" is a load of smurf. Yes, some people are more attractive, smarter, more popular, but what we as humans need, is someone who puts up with the unimportant parts of our bullsmurf while not letting us get away with the important. We don't find that person by dressing up as the least common denominator. Just take a shower and be weird, be yourself. Don't compete accepting the other guys' rules, make your own rules when you can, break the other's rules when you must. Just smurfing live!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
I didn't mean to get preachy, I just work a place with a lot of single guys. They talk a lot about "women", very little about "getting to know people". Smurf... I feel old.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
I believe men and women should let all their body hair grow naturally, as long as they can grow them.  :salute:

No more shaving, waxing, lasers etc. Live free.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 02:14:49 PM
A Mediterranean man should never say that.
Sexual dimorphism is a natural phenomenon but cultural also. Some cultures are more sensitive regarding body and facial hair. We see the classical beauty standards set by the ancient Greeks in the wealth of bronze and marble statues. Mature men (Zeus, Poseidon, Philosophers etc) have facial and body hair. Women (Aphrodite, Hera, Athena, Nike, Caryatids, Athenian women on the Parthenon freeze and Niki temple) not. Ancients had wax too.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:19:29 PM by kkokkolis »

us Offline LoveHate

Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 03:18:05 AM
Hello my people!!!! Haha. I haven't used a razor since i was 13. had a full beard by age 15. now-a-days i switch between 2 looks. guess which pic i just took lol.

THE "IM ON HIATUS FROM WORK" LOOK

THE 'WORK SEASON' LOOK

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 03:48:55 AM
There are beard shampoos and conditioners and oils.

I've generally only kept the moustache/goatee look, and rarely had more than a week or two's scruff on the rest. A while back I shaved only neckbeard/below my jawline part and part of my cheeks and have kept on trimming but let the rest grow. Suprisingly it eventually got past the steel brush texture that had me shaving everything but the goatee in the first place and now reached a point where it's not annoying me as it was.

Here's a somewhat horrible selfie I took a few weeks ago...
IMG_20150303_213458.jpg
* IMG_20150303_213458.jpg (Filesize: 237.77 KB)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 04:54:37 AM
I've had a goatee for the last 18yrs I've tried diff lengths, but last year I grew it as long as I could, along with the sides, and if it was one thing the wife couldn't stand, it was the longer hair, my problem was mine won't grow thick especially on the sides. I found this pic today while the wife and I were going threw the pics on the camera, and for some reason it didn't come out to clear. It looks thick but it really wasn't.
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:43 PM
my wife prefers me bearded, so I'll grow a beard during the winter.  IT takes about 4-6 weeks to grow one out.

tips:
  • Do NOT trim the beard at the jawline. That looks dumb.
  • Wait until the beard is fully grown before trimming the borders.

Also, get a beard trimmer to maintain it, but you can also go to a good barber and have your beard shaped up professionally.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 12:30:10 PM
I usually use a #2 or #3 for trimming my beard, which is only grown for the winter.  I'm starting to get tired of it now to be honest.  I'll keep my goat though.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 12:37:37 PM
If MEN stop shaving, their women must also stop shaving! :D :D :D :D That's what I call a compromise, lol

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:06 PM
If MEN stop shaving, their women must also stop shaving! :D :D :D :D That's what I call a compromise, lol

Ha ha! Brilliant. Then we'll see what happens!
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 12:51:19 PM

I can't say I see any problem there? How people tend to their own body is a personal matter as long as it doesn't affect the health of people around them. If you want blue hair and won't lose your job coloring your hair blue (and if you get fired for hair color, I don't like your employer), do it. If your wife likes your beard and it's OK by you, grow one. I think personal choice is a splendid principle for hair growing anywhere on the body, both for shaving and growing. :)

Oh, and a standard note: Men not going down on their woman if she's not shaven downstairs are behaving like boys wanting girls, not men wanting women. :D

(Yes, I feel perfectly comfortable making fun of other people's personal choices even though I stress this is a personal choice. Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing.)

It's like multitools, really. Everybody must figure out what works for themselves, and what their SOs will put up with. :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 01:00:14 PM
 :rofl: I'm liking this thread

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 01:06:03 PM

I can't say I see any problem there? How people tend to their own body is a personal matter as long as it doesn't affect the health of people around them. If you want blue hair and won't lose your job coloring your hair blue (and if you get fired for hair color, I don't like your employer), do it. If your wife likes your beard and it's OK by you, grow one. I think personal choice is a splendid principle for hair growing anywhere on the body, both for shaving and growing. :)

Oh, and a standard note: Men not going down on their woman if she's not shaven downstairs are behaving like boys wanting girls, not men wanting women. :D

(Yes, I feel perfectly comfortable making fun of other people's personal choices even though I stress this is a personal choice. Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing.)

It's like multitools, really. Everybody must figure out what works for themselves, and what their SOs will put up with. :D

+1 Nicely put  :tu:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #46 on: March 16, 2015, 01:35:00 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

Nate

:rofl: :rofl:

Here's another beard fact, you may or may not look like an Orthodox priest.

For more facts, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard

From 17 to 26 years of age I couldn't stand the sight of me shaved, I felt I looked child-like. I'd shave every month, month and a half. Then I realised my beard made me look like a savage. Man, I need to scan and upload THAT picture of me in my 20s I want to burn and my wife won't let me. Then you'll know why now I shave every two to three days. Funny thing is she loves how I look in that photo -I find it creepy- but she prefers me shaved; even my one-day facial hair can give her a rush. Women... need I say more?

Besides appearance, wearing a beard in the hot greek summer is a sport I am no longer fond of... Plus, I may be getting older (who said that ??) but I don't like this trend of bearded men. It's difficult to explain without a bit of modern greek history so I'll skip that and just state that seeing trendy yuppies wearing suits and beards that make them look like greek independence war fighters or greek civil war rebels is plain ridiculous.

Growing a beard doesn't mean you just stop shaving. You have to make it happen. The least you can do is comb it frequently so you can get an idea of what can be done with that beard of yours and save yourself the itches you're otherwise bound to get. Then, make up your mind whether it looks good on you or not  ;)

Good luck either way :tu:

gerontas-paisios.jpg
* gerontas-paisios.jpg (Filesize: 41.37 KB)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:53:14 PM by firiki »
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 01:39:15 PM
I shaved mine off on Saturday after 4 months. Had the man->baby face feeling right after. :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #48 on: March 16, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
So it is now acceptable to post pictures of  priests with fake Raiders badges on them?

Why not post some defaced pictures with some figures from other religions  e.g. Muslim then? Lets see what the reaction will be from that. 

People are now mocking their own heritage and then wonder why others are defecating on their country and show their nation no respect.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gr Offline firiki

Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 01:55:54 PM
*Ahem* Our Church was against the 1821 Greek Independence War out of fear of losing privilegdes granted by the Ottoman High Porte... Separation of Church and State still hasn't happened here...

Don't get me wrong, I value tradition but I have a lot of defecating of my own to do on my country... I just posted this pic because I thought it was funny. It was just meant to show a beard is mandatory for Orthodox priests.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: March 16, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
Let's be careful we don't slide to far into the political discussions here. :police:

You know politics and religion are a no-no here, and both got mentioned it the last few posts.

If you wish to discuss it further take it to PMs, guys. Or that thread where you both write in those funny letters no one else understands. :P

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #51 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:51 PM
Then just post a regular priest picture without the Raiders marks.
This picture is designed to make fun of  religion. Making fun of that because of what happened in 1821 (by some in the leadership, not all the priests), in 2015 does not seem right.
When a German magazine makes fun of an ancient statue, then, maybe they should be allowed to do so because of what Alexander the Great or some other ancient Greek did to Iran etc.

As I said I doubt anybody would post a picture of a Muslim/Hindu/Jewish etc priest, making fun of him, and expect people to like it and have a laugh.

I will not go on, as I am aware of the no politics/religion discussion rule but I still think that you need to respect your own culture before requesting respect from others.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #52 on: March 17, 2015, 12:08:57 AM
I realise I may have unintentiοnally offended you with my bad taste, dks, so I changed the picture with one of Gerontas Paisios (a Saint as of 2015). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Pastitsios  :poke:

I also am aware of the no politics and religion rule and I respect that rule. However, please allow me a few comments...

:police:   [REMOVED DUE TO ABOVE MENTIONED REASONS]    :police: 

@Mods, if you feel I have gone too far then please delete this post. The way I see it I am explaining my point of view and also discussing a few facts en passant.

:b2t:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:14:37 AM by enki_ck »

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #53 on: March 17, 2015, 12:46:47 AM
:police:  OK folks, that's enough, this is the second warning.  Next time the thread's locked.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #54 on: March 17, 2015, 12:51:00 AM
ENOUGH politics. That's how forums die.

Now, back to the beards. You people suck. I've been compelled to to take the "selfie". This is 5 years, with a little singed off. No, there isn't a hollow in the middle, it's just a trick of the white hair. And I trim it in front of the ears- drives me nuts, and it interferes with earmuffs.
beard selfie2.jpg
* beard selfie2.jpg (Filesize: 60.62 KB)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:52:24 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #55 on: March 17, 2015, 01:04:22 AM

I call ambush! I can't respond to that without getting in trouble.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: March 17, 2015, 02:22:43 AM
If our Greek speaking members would kindly stay out of political and/or religious debates I would really appreciate it. :whistle:

I love (not in the Harley way, mind you :P ) and respect you both very much, but if I have to do any more late night moderating jobs I'll have to pay you a personal visit and hit you upside the head with a very big torch. :twak:

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…    :fugly:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:24:18 AM by enki_ck »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #57 on: March 17, 2015, 02:29:55 AM
To lighten things up a bit.  :D

I'm the milk man!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #58 on: March 17, 2015, 02:49:44 AM
Nice ones Cap :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #59 on: March 17, 2015, 03:05:08 AM
Nice ones Cap :tu:

I like the "beards go straight to third base".   :D
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86