Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

any beardsmen on this forum

Weasel · 683 · 30302

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: any beardsmen on this forum
Reply #600 on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:17 AM
Ok I need a new beard trimmer, I've had this same $5 AA battery eating one for over 12yrs :think: don't get me wrong it's been a good little trimmer, it will trim very close and also adjust and leave like 3/4". I'm just tired of having to replace the battery's so often, that and having two great trims then hearing the motor slow down because of the battery's, I think it's time, any suggestions? Looking for:

Rechargeable,
Simple adjustability, not something with a bunch of combs,
And that's pretty much it, oh, and nothing huge or expensive?
JR
IMG_6992.PNG
* IMG_6992.PNG (Filesize: 235.74 KB)
IMG_6993.PNG
* IMG_6993.PNG (Filesize: 193 KB)
IMG_6994.PNG
* IMG_6994.PNG (Filesize: 191.61 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #601 on: May 06, 2017, 07:43:26 AM
I've gotten by with the cheap $20 walmart special for the last 14 years.  Yea, I've had three of them, but they worked!  I currently have a very expensive Wahl trimmer and I absolutely hate it.  It snags my beard hair and that really sucks. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #602 on: May 06, 2017, 08:15:38 AM
I've gotten by with the cheap $20 walmart special for the last 14 years.  Yea, I've had three of them, but they worked!  I currently have a very expensive Wahl trimmer and I absolutely hate it.  It snags my beard hair and that really sucks.
Yeah I think some of these totally expensive ones are just crap, there suppose to be soooo great because of how smooth the motor runs and all the digital display to give time left or even laser cutting assistance, like come on, seriously? Just need a good motor that turns, a good set of cutting blades and an adjustment setup, that's it, I'd just like to get something a little better then the $5 I've had preferably something rechargeable so I don't keep going through battery's..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #603 on: May 06, 2017, 07:19:41 PM
Philips has a rechargeable (li-ion) grooming kit that has the adjustable trimmer in it. I think I paid less than $30 CDN for mine at the local Walmart. Been working fine for over a year now.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #604 on: May 06, 2017, 07:58:40 PM
Philips has a rechargeable (li-ion) grooming kit that has the adjustable trimmer in it. I think I paid less than $30 CDN for mine at the local Walmart. Been working fine for over a year now.

Phillips makes some good stuff!  I think one of my longer lived trimmers was a phillips.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #605 on: May 06, 2017, 08:26:04 PM

Phillips makes some good stuff!  I think one of my longer lived trimmers was a phillips.
True, the one thing I don't understand about Philips is one item is nice and for like $30, yet the same thing goes for like $200? What's the diff? I know some stuff will have a digital read out, but everything else is the same?
JR

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #606 on: May 06, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

True, the one thing I don't understand about Philips is one item is nice and for like $30, yet the same thing goes for like $200? What's the diff? I know some stuff will have a digital read out, but everything else is the same?
JR

No idea, but these manufacturers make tons of money off these things regardless. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #607 on: May 07, 2017, 08:46:10 PM
Went with Philips, stopped at the pharmacy and took a look to see what they had, I've been looking online but I like to physically look hold the box rather then just say that one. Well this one cought my eye, it's the 3000, there was another one hidden behind another which was the 3100 which didn't have a label so the wife ran up to get a price, and it was the same, now this one was suppose to be better, but it was more plastic rather then a simple metal cutting head, grant it this one you have to pop on the plastic combs for adjustment rather then this newer one but idk, for some reason this one just called to me, lol.. that bag sucks, so I gotta come up with something better after I figure what lengths I like, cause I don't need all of those, and I really don't need a nose thingy, I got something else for that, yet that small trimming head looks cool, but hey it's a Philips and its freaking rechargeable! :cheers:
JR
IMG_7011.PNG
* IMG_7011.PNG (Filesize: 354.63 KB)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #608 on: May 07, 2017, 10:02:08 PM
Had a good trim today, taking at least an inch off all over, and probably 2"+ in some areas. Just giving it the 48 hour settling period, before I do the tidy up of the strays. I'll try to remember to get some pics in daylight.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #609 on: May 07, 2017, 10:57:21 PM
I can't wait to try that new trimmer out, but I like to do everything in one day, and I need a buzz up top. I did find me a new case to put it in, an old cigar one, it is a otter box, I'll have to snap a pic.
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #610 on: May 08, 2017, 01:12:03 AM
Here's the little bag I got next to the box I had, so I threw it in the box but then I thought what if I took all my trimming junk and put it in the box? So I took the two most likely trimming lengths put them in along with my nose trimmer, another unique little trimmer, and a pencil. I tossed the charger in the bag with the other lengths, and now I can toss the setup under the sink, cool thing is if the sink was to leak that box is 100% waterproof! Now I have half a shelf to use in the medic cabinet..
JR
IMG_7017.PNG
* IMG_7017.PNG (Filesize: 292.81 KB)
IMG_7018.PNG
* IMG_7018.PNG (Filesize: 357.01 KB)
IMG_7019.PNG
* IMG_7019.PNG (Filesize: 339.85 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #611 on: May 08, 2017, 07:32:57 PM
Well I put that little guy to work for the first time today, and I must say, that little turd packs some serious umph!! Rather then taking eight diff passes at the same spot eight diff ways, this guy only took 1-2 and that was just to make sure I didn't miss any!
  As for length, I started with longer then what I fig, then just kept going down till I felt it was ok, yeah you just change guard combs, but I don't need to keep going down by 1/64" to get that spot on, seriously? Like 30diff lengths?
  No I didn't use it on the head cause I didn't know if it had enough juice, but heck it prob did, who knows maybe I'll try it out..
JR

Sorry I don't take good selfies :facepalm:
IMG_7035.PNG
* IMG_7035.PNG (Filesize: 106.28 KB)

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #612 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:00 AM
ahem

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #613 on: May 12, 2017, 11:22:01 AM
Well I put that little guy to work for the first time today, and I must say, that little turd packs some serious umph!! Rather then taking eight diff passes at the same spot eight diff ways, this guy only took 1-2 and that was just to make sure I didn't miss any!
  As for length, I started with longer then what I fig, then just kept going down till I felt it was ok, yeah you just change guard combs, but I don't need to keep going down by 1/64" to get that spot on, seriously? Like 30diff lengths?
  No I didn't use it on the head cause I didn't know if it had enough juice, but heck it prob did, who knows maybe I'll try it out..
JR

Sorry I don't take good selfies :facepalm:

Looking good mate, in a "just been charged with a felony" kind of way.  ;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #614 on: May 12, 2017, 11:28:16 AM
Just to prove you're not the only one who can't take a selfie, here's my summer trim as of this morning.
summer beard (2).JPG
* summer beard (2).JPG (Filesize: 71.54 KB)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:30:34 AM by Gareth »

wales Offline caninesapien

Reply #615 on: May 12, 2017, 11:34:03 AM
Happy beardsman in his natural habitat, about 5 minutes after demolishing a Man v Food challenge in Vegas in 2015.

Bearded for 13 years, save for 2 years around 2008-9 (but we don't talk about that period).

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #616 on: May 12, 2017, 11:38:14 AM
Happy beardsman in his natural habitat, about 5 minutes after demolishing a Man v Food challenge in Vegas in 2015.

(Image removed from quote.)

Bearded for 13 years, save for 2 years around 2008-9 (but we don't talk about that period).

I think your choice of user name might be becoming clear. :D  Seriously though; cracking beard mate. :salute:

Reply #617 on: May 12, 2017, 11:50:52 AM
I think your choice of user name might be becoming clear. :D  Seriously though; cracking beard mate. :salute:

:D

Hairy, excitable and thirsty, with some knowledge of various topics - "caninesapien" seems to fit perfectly!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #618 on: May 16, 2017, 10:20:04 PM
Well, used the razor today, jut didn't take off the goat, that stays, but everything else came off! :B:
JR
IMG_7164.PNG
* IMG_7164.PNG (Filesize: 103.7 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #619 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:24 AM
Do the eyebrows  :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #620 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:30 AM
Do the eyebrows  :pok:
Well yeah, they had to be trimmed..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #621 on: May 17, 2017, 04:13:47 AM
I was on Facebook and this popped up, I thought it was cute even though I don't drink..
JR
IMG_7173.PNG
* IMG_7173.PNG (Filesize: 175.3 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #622 on: May 17, 2017, 07:56:22 AM
You can get cups to protect your 'tash from hot drinks as well.  Saves your 'tash wax from melting. :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moustache_cup

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #623 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:24 AM
I tend to carry two hankies, one for the nose, predominantly as a snuff duster for after taking a pinch of nasal snuff, and one as a tache towel for drying off the top lip.

Reply #624 on: May 18, 2017, 11:46:50 AM
Beer froth on the moustache is surely one of the highlights of having one?

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #625 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
So, it turns out the face fuzz is a bit longer than I thought.I haven't shaved for a couple of months.
 Just fluffed it out, out of curiosity

I think I know why I have an easier path through a crowd now.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #626 on: May 18, 2017, 07:33:45 PM
Looks good to me mate. :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #627 on: July 20, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
The best way through a crowd is to focus in the distance and not pay attention to approaching people. Watch them part...

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #628 on: October 25, 2017, 10:05:17 PM
Still bearded, but less bearded than I was this morning.

This was how I started out ...

Then this happened ...

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #629 on: October 25, 2017, 10:09:02 PM
And....?  :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!