Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mechanical Pencils

kosmo · 214 · 15508

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Mechanical Pencils
Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 05:25:38 PM
Couple nice looking writing instruments Ray :like: that one of the stainless steel Sharpies correct :o wished I had gotten one when they were out  :facepalm:

:nanadance:          :nanadance:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 06:19:11 PM
I use this Twist Erase III from Pentel in 0.7mm as my daily user :cheers: I love the twist out eraser these come with as they are great for erasing and last a really long time :like:

The other 2 in this pic is a regular black sharpie and a 2mm lead mechanical pencil (no brand but well made) that I carry daily with me :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 05:47:39 PM
I use this Twist Erase III from Pentel in 0.7mm as my daily user :cheers: I love the twist out eraser these come with as they are great for erasing and last a really long time :like:

(Image removed from quote.)

The other 2 in this pic is a regular black sharpie and a 2mm lead mechanical pencil (no brand but well made) that I carry daily with me :tu:

Hum... is that a twist out eraser in your mechanical pencil or is it a play-doh dispenser?...

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 06:14:30 PM
It's crazy to think that an eraser could be that big in a mechanical pencil that takes the same size lead as every other regular mechanical pencil  :ahhh :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 06:27:36 PM
The little guy asked me for a diff pencil, he’s been using his cheep plastic one and he loves it but wants something better, yet last year I gave him a nice metal one and of course he lost it.. go fig. But now in high school he says things are diff, I did get him a little unique stocking stuffer, that 3+1, nothing much better then the simple clicker he’s using but it’s a all in one, so idk, he’s either going to love it or hate it, I just don’t want to get him something that he’s just going to lose..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:17 PM
Hopefully being in high school he will be a bit more careful with his stuff :salute: I know I started getting better with my own things around that age as well :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: December 06, 2018, 06:34:06 PM
Hopefully being in high school he will be a bit more careful with his stuff :salute: I know I started getting better with my own things around that age as well :tu:
I would hope so, but do I leave him with that all in one or do I see about getting him a pair of metal zebras maybe 701’s or something of that nature?
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 07:15:52 AM

Those are some interesting mechanical pencils there! Very interesting Pentel and that twist out eraser is cool. And you know me, I love my 2mm pencils.  :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 04:35:33 PM
Speaking of my favorite graphite size....here is a Caran d’Ache Mario Botta 2mm clutch pencil. This one gets a lot of pocket time!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #69 on: December 07, 2018, 05:59:33 PM
I would hope so, but do I leave him with that all in one or do I see about getting him a pair of metal zebras maybe 701’s or something of that nature?
JR

Whatever he ends up with I am sure will be a good choice :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #70 on: December 07, 2018, 06:01:01 PM

Those are some interesting mechanical pencils there! Very interesting Pentel and that twist out eraser is cool. And you know me, I love my 2mm pencils.  :like:

Thanks Ray :hatsoff: the Pentel is a favorite of mine for sure :tu: and that is a great Caran d'Ache :dd: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #71 on: December 08, 2018, 01:03:01 AM

Thanks Ray :hatsoff: the Pentel is a favorite of mine for sure :tu: and that is a great Caran d'Ache :dd: :like:
Thanks for sharing  :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #72 on: December 08, 2018, 02:22:49 AM
If it ever gets here I have one of the 5.6mm koh-i-noors with magic lead coming :ahhh I am thinking it is still in the country of origin :bnghd: I must be patient though :D I do hope it's here before Christmas as I actually bought 2 and 1 is for my little girl :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 01:37:50 AM
If it ever gets here I have one of the 5.6mm koh-i-noors with magic lead coming :ahhh I am thinking it is still in the country of origin :bnghd: I must be patient though :D I do hope it's here before Christmas as I actually bought 2 and 1 is for my little girl :tu:
I am thinking the post office is now officially in the Christmas mode, it may take a couple of days longer. Hang in there!
I know your daughter will love it!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #74 on: December 09, 2018, 04:30:08 AM
Yes, I am sure the Post Offices of the world are being flooded with packages this time of the year :ahhh Even if it doesn't make it here by Christmas she will still like it afterward even :cheers: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #75 on: December 09, 2018, 06:26:43 PM
I am pretty sure you will get it in before Christmas!  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #76 on: December 09, 2018, 08:22:20 PM
Hopefully  :tu: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #77 on: December 10, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
A nice affordable Alvin Draft/matic. The DM05 is a 0.5mm graphite mechanical pencil with a window that rotates and you can have the type of graphite showing. For those who have different usages on multiple pencils with different graphite.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #78 on: December 10, 2018, 07:46:14 PM
I need to check :think: but seems like I have an Alvin as well :cheers: I also have one that you can twist to tell which type of lead is in the pencil, it may very well be the Alvin that does this as well :think: I will have to look :tu:

Great looking pencil  :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #79 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54:03 PM
That red 0.3 I posted does that what type of lead twisty thing.
JR

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #80 on: December 10, 2018, 09:13:22 PM
I am bad to break 0.5 :ahhh I would hate to see what I would do to 0.3 lead :o :ahhh Cool that they make it in that small of diameter though :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: December 10, 2018, 10:37:42 PM
I am bad to break 0.5 :ahhh I would hate to see what I would do to 0.3 lead :o :ahhh Cool that they make it in that small of diameter though :tu:
Oh you got to have a very smooth hand, and you can’t click the lead out tooo many clicks! But with very little pressure and a smooth/soft hand it is doable! Kinda funny with someone who was in construction/mechanics, you’d think it wasn’t possible, speaking of construction, I found another unique pencil I have,,
I guess they took that other unique round school pencil that did the same and made it into construction, kinda interesting, once the one gets crappy you just take the tip out and put it in the other end, and low and behold a brand new one comes out..
JR

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #82 on: December 11, 2018, 12:31:13 AM
I have one of those Swanson ones as well :tu: Someone else also made a red plastic carpenter pencil style one that had special lead as well :think: I had a few of those but gave up after a while because it became harder and harder to find lead for it :-\ The lead slid out in increments from what I remember :think: I need to see if I can find it :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #83 on: December 11, 2018, 01:37:19 AM
Yeah, one of these, I had one but I have no clue were it disappeared to, I also had one that writes with a wax, absolutely great for what I needed, wrote on anything and since I was marking black pipes, not only did it write but yellow was great! Here’s a pic of my other junk, and you can see the extras to that one, and you can see the other soapstone and that other large wax,,
JR

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 03:24:42 AM
I need to check :think: but seems like I have an Alvin as well :cheers: I also have one that you can twist to tell which type of lead is in the pencil, it may very well be the Alvin that does this as well :think: I will have to look :tu:

They are nice! Hope you find yours!  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 03:31:30 AM
Oh you got to have a very smooth hand, and you can’t click the lead out tooo many clicks! But with very little pressure and a smooth/soft hand it is doable! Kinda funny with someone who was in construction/mechanics, you’d think it wasn’t possible, speaking of construction, I found another unique pencil I have,,
I guess they took that other unique round school pencil that did the same and made it into construction, kinda interesting, once the one gets crappy you just take the tip out and put it in the other end, and low and behold a brand new one comes out..
JR
:iagree: and at my age, I am loosing my grip so I am having to really think about holding a good grip...I would not even attempt a 0.3mm. I could do a 0.5mm with no problems untill 3 years ago. Now I am more comfortable  with 0.7mm at the thinnest, and no problems at all.  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 03:32:02 AM
Yeah, one of these, I had one but I have no clue were it disappeared to, I also had one that writes with a wax, absolutely great for what I needed, wrote on anything and since I was marking black pipes, not only did it write but yellow was great! Here’s a pic of my other junk, and you can see the extras to that one, and you can see the other soapstone and that other large wax,,
JR

It was similar but a bit more simple than that pencil  :tu: I have most of the stuff in that pic of your other stuff as well :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 03:32:58 AM

I had almost forgot to look for it if not for your post :facepalm: :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:39:16 AM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 03:41:10 AM
I have the pics and will try to get them on in the morning :cheers:

The one with the lead type selector is a Helix :salute: and I have the Alvin lead holder pic as well :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #89 on: December 11, 2018, 03:45:12 AM

I had almost forgot to look for it if not for your post :facepalm: :D
:rofl:
Well you are a busybody! I have never tried the flat type graphite. I would just sandpaper a 5.6mm graphite untill I was happy with it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%