Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This Forum is really like no other, let's keep it that way.

Aloha · 156 · 6747

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: This Forum is really like no other, let's keep it that way.
Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:29 AM
I prefer jam with my peanut butter :P

Raspberry
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 05:38:42 AM
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:52 AM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #63 on: March 26, 2015, 07:35:27 AM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline BASguy

Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 11:34:26 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

I really don't get all the Peanut Butter and Canadian stuff.....but that's just plain funny! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #65 on: March 26, 2015, 11:40:26 AM
Btw, right as we were discussing this, I was kinda told off by someone on another forum I use.... for creating a new topic and not being able to find his which had been created on exactly the same day or in a day or two last year ............................. :rofl:
Did you tell him to suck your ass?

Well maybe you shouldn't say that.
Also, why would you be on another forum? LOL!

Nate

Jesus. I got another huuuuge lecture about me opening this topic. WTF.

That really pissed me off. I hadn't ever done that, I use the search function all the smurfin time. It happend ONCE. And now it's a proooblem.

Also, why would you be on another forum? LOL!

Nate

LOL. No, it's not in my nature to say that. And why am I on another forum, because for a second I thought I could talk to people from my own country in my own native language about things I like. But apparently I can't.

Long live MTO  :cheers:

And the guy who gave me the second lecture was the first one to answer in my thread. The FIRST one. And now, on the second page, after everyone else said a lot, on page two, he gives me a huuuuge lecture. I told him that he could've linked me the old thread in his very first post, wtf.

I just don't get some people. And it's a Buglarian forum, there are nowhere near as many threads as here and I get accused of opening nonsensical threads (by another member). Well, wtf. if you don't like it, don't write in it.

Hum... I have half a mind to sign up in that Buglarian forum and just be myself...
 :think: :think:

We think we'd have a really good time.
 :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #66 on: March 26, 2015, 11:41:17 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

I really don't get all the Peanut Butter and Canadian stuff.....but that's just plain funny! 

They use peanut butter to bait the salmon.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
This community is great.

But skipping from the first post to the last post is NEVER a good idea.....

(Went from great community to peanut butter, I'm lost   )

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 01:29:30 PM

Hum... I have half a mind to sign up in that Buglarian forum and just be myself...

LOL. I think we'll be banned pretty quickly :D It's bladefoum.bg btw.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 01:38:23 PM

LOL. I think we'll be banned pretty quickly :D It's bladefoum.bg btw.

/pfrsantos doesn't care aboot that. /pfrsantos can create a huge amount of fake mail accounts to troll the pants off any mod...
 :angel: :angel:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #70 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:17 PM
 :rofl:

It was actually other/older members who do that. The mods ....... stay aside and don't really take side. That's perhaps because we're a tiny country and the number of people with this hobby is tiiiiiiiny. So most people go to some sort of forum gatherings and meetings and know each other. And it'd be weird for a mod, who's had their beer with a member at a table, discussing a knife, ban the same member for being an idiot..

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #71 on: March 26, 2015, 01:49:47 PM

I too agree that the mods are very well restrained here.  Other forums would benefit from this type of oversight. 
Frankly, I don't give a flip about calling something crap if I think it's crap.  I've been wrong a million plus times in my life, so anything stupid or wrong I say here won't be a first,or last, for me.  I find it fairly idiotic when someone accuses me of a "backhanded" comment.  I think I'm pretty up front about things.  Let's face it, there are some hyper sensitive personalities here who take offense when they feel their "brand" is being put down.  I'm all about respecting others, but let's take a reality check break here.  This forum is about "multitools".  We love em, that's why we're here.....but they are supremely unimportant in a scary and chaotic world.  Man up fellas.  If someone doesn't insult your wife or mother, then return fire not insults and cracks.  It's OK to bash a tool..... Really.....it is.  Thank you to all the Mods for getting it.

For the record, I was the someone who said "making back handed comments", for this I want to apologize to BASguy for saying that and to all of the forum members who witnessed my post. That was very ungentlemanly and unlike me to have posted something like that. I will make it point to never do anything like that again. Again, BASguy, I am sorry.

Also, what the OP and others in this thread are spot on. MTO is a great place and the members here are the best. Everyone has put up with my ramblings for years and that I want to say thanks.
Rock on guys and gals.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #72 on: March 26, 2015, 01:54:02 PM

I too agree that the mods are very well restrained here.  Other forums would benefit from this type of oversight. 
Frankly, I don't give a flip about calling something crap if I think it's crap.  I've been wrong a million plus times in my life, so anything stupid or wrong I say here won't be a first,or last, for me.  I find it fairly idiotic when someone accuses me of a "backhanded" comment.  I think I'm pretty up front about things.  Let's face it, there are some hyper sensitive personalities here who take offense when they feel their "brand" is being put down.  I'm all about respecting others, but let's take a reality check break here.  This forum is about "multitools".  We love em, that's why we're here.....but they are supremely unimportant in a scary and chaotic world.  Man up fellas.  If someone doesn't insult your wife or mother, then return fire not insults and cracks.  It's OK to bash a tool..... Really.....it is.  Thank you to all the Mods for getting it.

For the record, I was the someone who said "making back handed comments", for this I want to apologize to BASguy for saying that and to all of the forum members who witnessed my post. That was very ungentlemanly and unlike me to have posted something like that. I will make it point to never do anything like that again. Again, BASguy, I am sorry.

Also, what the OP and others in this thread are spot on. MTO is a great place and the members here are the best. Everyone has put up with my ramblings for years and that I want to say thanks.
Rock on guys and gals.

Nate

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #73 on: March 26, 2015, 02:01:56 PM
I have no clue what they are talking about, or what "backhanded" means. But, anyway, cheers to all.   :salute:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #74 on: March 26, 2015, 03:51:39 PM
Backhanded usually refers to something that sounds like a compliment but is really a thinly veiled insult.

Kind of like saying to someone "You look really good for someone carrying so much extra weight."  It seems like a compliment at first but in reality you are just calling them fat. 

As for this forum being like no other, I have held off commenting for a bit as I wanted to see what people thought, and to be honest, this is a forum like no other and I'm pretty proud of that.  Yes we may have issues from time to time, but I dare say that this is probably the most laid back, non- herbally enhanced forum you are likely to ever find.  We are about as tolerant as it gets, and I love that about this place.  It's everything I even envisioned it to be, and I have only got everyone here to thank for that.

For the life of me I will never understand that "use the search function" mentality.  Or restricting thread starting, or really getting upset about thread drifts and derailment.  While I generally don't look at the forum as a business, many do, and the reality is that by restricting conversation you are restricting posts.  By restricting posts you restrict page loads, which restricts ad impressions which restricts income.  So, boiling it down, these sites are screwing themselves financially by telling people to use the search function rather than talking about it and linking back to any pertinent info.

Of course, by creating cliques, controversy and getting people riled up and arguing or piling on newbies I suppose they are getting the same things anyway.  That's just not my style, but to each their own...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 04:06:37 PM

While I generally don't look at the forum as a business, many do, and the reality is that by restricting conversation you are restricting posts.  By restricting posts you restrict page loads, which restricts ad impressions which restricts income.  So, boiling it down, these sites are screwing themselves financially by telling people to use the search function rather than talking about it and linking back to any pertinent info.

I almost said that to one of the guys who were accusing me of, oh God, writing stuff nobody needed to read.

So, the guy said that foreign forums could afford starting so many threads about the same things almost because there were so many users on foreign forums.
I told him that... how could our BG forum get many users, since 90% of the time when you go to "Show unread replies since last visit", there was NOTHING. Well, since people are not allowed to talk, there are no new posts. Since there are no new posts... who's gonna be interested in getting on such a forum at all. Here you go a good reason for your forum not having many users.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 04:10:37 PM
Backhanded usually refers to something that sounds like a compliment but is really a thinly veiled insult.

Kind of like saying to someone "You look really good for someone carrying so much extra weight."  It seems like a compliment at first but in reality you are just calling them fat.

-snip-

Def

Sooooo, that's what my ex was doing.......  :doh:

:D

Thanks Def, for this place.   :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:16 PM

-snip-

Def

Sooooo, that's what my ex was doing.......  :doh:

:D

Thanks Def, for this place.   :cheers:
Which part? carrying around extra weight, or complimenting you :think: :P
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 04:30:55 PM
This is the only site I frequent - it's great for learning new stuff, exchanging ideas and shooting the S#1t with a bunch of interesting and funny people from all over the world. I love it and spend more time than I should here what with my job and all......................

:tu: to everyone!
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 05:44:03 PM
I will never ever ever get the crazy thought of a meet up with all of us there.

It would be CRAZY. In an awesome sort of way.

We could all bring entire collections and weigh it all. I think it'd be an impressive number!

Do you think it would be too much to ask Chako to bring his entire toolbox?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #80 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:45 PM

We could all bring entire collections and weigh it all. I think it'd be an impressive number!

Do you want to upset the balance of the Earth's orbit?!?!

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #81 on: March 26, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

Hmmm...

It's been 4 years since NAMU.  Maybe I need to cowboy up and get it going for 2015. :think:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #82 on: March 26, 2015, 06:03:27 PM

Hmmm...

It's been 4 years since NAMU.  Maybe I need to cowboy up and get it going for 2015. :think:
I vote my location

Emerald coast convention center is on the beach!

Plus if it's up north yall would find snow SOMEWHERE and lock me out in it!!

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #83 on: March 26, 2015, 07:15:07 PM
Can I just say a couple of things, and one thing in my own defense. I would like to point out that Kat was the one who started this thread derail. Not me, this time. :angel: Aloha, great thread topic and I couldn't agree more. I enjoy edgy humor and the members and Mods here have been more than fair regarding some of my antics. ( Sorry for starting a cult in the WTB Orange Fuse thread Grant ) The couple of times a Mod has had to say something, it was done so in a very mature and professional way, not heavy handed. Indicating that our presence was valued and please take this important hint and Police yourselves. Each time it was well deserved on my part. Derek was usually guilty with me, and that Higgins character.
Anyway, I've had the privilege of being here since 2009 and it remains a privilege to this day. There's a lot of bad out there and yet I've not had a true bad experience with anyone at MTO. Now you know the reason for the RAK's. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this family.
Loyalty,
Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

Hmmm...

Yes you should! It's just us Brits gathering to be stupid!

Oh,and you guys on the West Coast,yes,you know who you are, I'm waiting to see what you get going :pok:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline JustUrEyeCandy

• Forever little.
Reply #85 on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
Can I just say a couple of things, and one thing in my own defense. I would like to point out that Kat was the one who started this thread derail. Not me, this time. :angel: Aloha, great thread topic and I couldn't agree more. I enjoy edgy humor and the members and Mods here have been more than fair regarding some of my antics. ( Sorry for starting a cult in the WTB Orange Fuse thread Grant ) The couple of times a Mod has had to say something, it was done so in a very mature and professional way, not heavy handed. Indicating that our presence was valued and please take this important hint and Police yourselves. Each time it was well deserved on my part. Derek was usually guilty with me, and that Higgins character.
Anyway, I've had the privilege of being here since 2009 and it remains a privilege to this day. There's a lot of bad out there and yet I've not had a true bad experience with anyone at MTO. Now you know the reason for the RAK's. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this family.
Loyalty,
Stew...

Minus the first part, this is a great post and I agree! And in my defense, my derails go ignored so it's not a "true" derail, so basically this doesn't count. :think:
I keep expecting this place to be like Twitter, but for people trapped in the 1990s.

Some call me crazy. I prefer "Happy with benefits".
:neener:

1776 Shades of Freedom  *American Girl*

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #86 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:48 PM
Loyalty,
Stew...
There is a good chance it's actually my fault.  But I'd prefer if ole Higs took the blame. :pok:  :D

The MTO family wouldn't be complete without ya buddy!!  :pok:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:32 PM
Loyalty,
Stew...
There is a good chance it's actually my fault.  But I'd prefer if ole Higs took the blame. :pok:  :D

I knew it! :rant:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #88 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:58 PM
Loyalty,
Stew...

No you didn't.  :whistle:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:39 PM
Loyalty,
Stew...

No you didn't.  :whistle:

That's what I said. I didn't know it... :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%