Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

More Smileys Please!

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: More Smileys Please!
Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 08:27:15 PM
I think we once had a thread with suggestions or something about more smileys.... and everyone was happy about the idea, but what happened then? There would be awesome if we could have more smileys in the smiley default window (here on MTO) without the need to copy image url and stuff from other sites..

us Offline JustUrEyeCandy

• Forever little.
Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:09 PM
I think we once had a thread with suggestions or something about more smileys.... and everyone was happy about the idea, but what happened then? There would be awesome if we could have more smileys in the smiley default window (here on MTO) without the need to copy image url and stuff from other sites..

I agree! I have a hard time remembering what to type to get the emoji I want.
I keep expecting this place to be like Twitter, but for people trapped in the 1990s.

Some call me crazy. I prefer "Happy with benefits".
:neener:

1776 Shades of Freedom  *American Girl*

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
Code: [Select]
:kat:

:stew:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 06:47:18 PM
Btw, a bit off-topic here, but I arrived at a genius conclusion... lol

I think I found a connection between the forum being such a nice and friendly place and the smileys that show up here... I just can't decide yet which is the cause and which the effect :D

So, have you noticed that above your typing field the smileys that prevail are the "nice" ones and there are just a few "aggressive" ones:  >:D :twak: :rant:

Most of the "aggressive" ones are hidden, so to speak, you don't see them and you need to make more effort /click more/ to get to them:  :td: :poh: :crash: :bnghd: :mn: :surrender: (that's not aggressive, but .. submissive)  :pommel: :viking: :duel: :spamkiller: :SAKnight: :megaslap:

So, everything that is somehow related to aggression, violence, negative feelings, fights, attacks, warrior-war-weapon stuff is in the additional window.

So is it because we don't see these smiles that the forum is so friendly or is it because the people are friendly that they need those smileys more rarely :D

I'm kidding, of course, :D. I guess I should stop thinking  :facepalm: I come up with weird ideas.

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 07:09:53 PM
:angel:
:angel:
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:18 PM
(...)
I'm kidding, of course, :D. I guess I should stop thinking  :facepalm: I come up with weird ideas.

Yeah, that's MY job! Both of them: the stop thinking and the weird ideas!

Although I don't think I'm doing a great job on the first... For me to stop thinking I had first to start thinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCPIrs90eg

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline JustUrEyeCandy

• Forever little.
Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
Btw, a bit off-topic here, but I arrived at a genius conclusion... lol

I think I found a connection between the forum being such a nice and friendly place and the smileys that show up here... I just can't decide yet which is the cause and which the effect :D

So, have you noticed that above your typing field the smileys that prevail are the "nice" ones and there are just a few "aggressive" ones:  >:D :twak: :rant:

Most of the "aggressive" ones are hidden, so to speak, you don't see them and you need to make more effort /click more/ to get to them:  :td: :poh: :crash: :bnghd: :mn: :surrender: (that's not aggressive, but .. submissive)  :pommel: :viking: :duel: :spamkiller: :SAKnight: :megaslap:

So, everything that is somehow related to aggression, violence, negative feelings, fights, attacks, warrior-war-weapon stuff is in the additional window.

So is it because we don't see these smiles that the forum is so friendly or is it because the people are friendly that they need those smileys more rarely :D

I feel like this could turn into a Nature vs. Nurture debate... Or who came first, the chicken or the egg?

Either way, I think I was born on the "Click More" page because I seem to get a lot of attention for being "out there"....

Someone talk me into staying...otherwise I  :surrender:
I keep expecting this place to be like Twitter, but for people trapped in the 1990s.

Some call me crazy. I prefer "Happy with benefits".
:neener:

1776 Shades of Freedom  *American Girl*

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44