Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leahterman JUICE/LEAP for EDC keychain/pocket carry? feelings+pics wanted please

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Hello guys!  :salute:

I am downsizing my EDC so I thought about carrying only in the keychain / pocket

Main Tool> Leatherman Juice CS4 or S2 or Leap

I know the Juice is heavy for keychian carry but is an option.
The Leap is bulky too, but weights less than the CS4 and nearly the same as S4

Questions?

Could anybody hang some pics to compare size between the Juice CS4 / S2 and the Leap?

Could anybody give his impressions about these two MTs?

Are Leap pliers much stronger than Juice ones?

I own>

mini SAKs  rambler / manager / executive
Leatherman PS4 / Style / Mini Tool
SOG Crossgrip / Crosscut
Seber Tool M4

, so PLEASE I want alternatives. I am not for the Micra and the Style CS / PS
Many thanks!  :tu:

P.S. I want a MT with STRONG pliers and scissors if possible for keychain or pocket *very mini!  :gimme:

00 Offline av8r1

Help me try to understand your decision making process here.

What tool do you currently carry EDC?  You listed the tools you own but not the ones you carry.

Why keychain carry?  Believe me I understand wanting one of the larger tools, but why must it be carried on a keychain?  Why not pocket carry?

What kind of tasks do you expect of your pliers?  Skeletool pliers are similar to Juice pliers, and it took kickback from a chop saw to break mine.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
I were basketball shorts or sweat pants most the time so any pouch that goes on a belt is out. I carry either a Juice or Leap everyday in a small Juice pouch with a clip it is nice and light. 
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Help me try to understand your decision making process here.

What tool do you currently carry EDC?  You listed the tools you own but not the ones you carry.

Why keychain carry?  Believe me I understand wanting one of the larger tools, but why must it be carried on a keychain?  Why not pocket carry?

What kind of tasks do you expect of your pliers?  Skeletool pliers are similar to Juice pliers, and it took kickback from a chop saw to break mine.

Now I carry on my keychain a Vic Manager / Leatherman PS4 and a Leatherman SideKick on my belt with the clip *I love the Sidekick!

P.S.> I own a Skeletool and I dont like it > Too agressive look, too long, only a few tools  :-\
I prefer my Gerber Octane over it~!  ::) :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:27:15 PM by alexTOOL »

gb Offline Inky

Hi, I think the tools you mentioned are too big to go on a keychain. However, you could easily fit a Juice in your pocket and not notice it too much if you want to carry something that size. For a keychain tool I think the Gerber Dime is better than any of Leatherman's keychain tools (yes I know what ive just said). Personally I don't like the Juice very much. Apart from the pliers its a sub standard SAK. I EDC the Kick, it's light enough and you can't carry locking tools here but it's probably too big for what you're thinking.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
P.S. I want a MT with STRONG pliers and scissors if possible for keychain or pocket *very mini!  :gimme:
The smallest MT with strong pliers in a "*very mini!" package that I can think of is the LM Mini. They are retired, but are offered on US eBay quite often.  No scissors though, just full size PST pliers, short blade, small file and fold-out handles to give some leverage for the pliers.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
The smallest MT with strong pliers in a "*very mini!" package that I can think of is the LM Mini. They are retired, but are offered on US eBay quite often.  No scissors though, just full size PST pliers, short blade, small file and fold-out handles to give some leverage for the pliers.

Thanks, I know!    :pok: :D 

I own>

mini SAKs  rambler / manager / executive
Leatherman PS4 / Style / Mini Tool
SOG Crossgrip / Crosscut
Seber Tool M4

00 Offline av8r1

The Juice pliers are similar to Skeletool's.  They come to a sharper point, but I wouldn't trust them with more or less force than the Skeletool.

An S2 would probably do what you want it to.  Mind you the screwdrivers are pretty tight; I struggle to extract them.

You can't get stronger pliers than that in the Leatherman line without going up to a 4 inch tool.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
The Juice pliers are similar to Skeletool's.  They come to a sharper point, but I wouldn't trust them with more or less force than the Skeletool.

An S2 would probably do what you want it to.  Mind you the screwdrivers are pretty tight; I struggle to extract them.

You can't get stronger pliers than that in the Leatherman line without going up to a 4 inch tool.

The Leap´s pliers look stronger and the lenght of the tool is the same as Juice, because of that I asked  ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:05:44 PM by alexTOOL »

Offline sebastian amezquita

• New User

The Leap´s pliers look stronger and the lenght of the tool is the same as Juice, because of that I asked  ??? ??? ???

Hi, sorry to revive such an old post but i was wondering if you got any answers.

I too wanted a juice to put on a BIG keychain but then saw that the pliers look stronger on the Leap, also the screwdriver has better reach; i know the leap is marketed for kinds but it is also a lot cheaper.

Did you got your Leap or Juice? what conclusion you got???.

Offline stugumby

Leaps pliers are the same as on the REV, but the knife blade is kinda short but perfect for draw cutting tasks. The scissors work decent and are better than a Juice but worse than a Victorinox. Drivers are adequate and are similar to Wingman and Squirt types. Bigger than a Juice but the handles wont stand up to extreme gripping and twisting due to the plastic parts. Leap is best for art/crafts, kid stuff which is what it was made for. Saw is way to short except for smaller diameter finger thick types of material. Definitely office friendly though, good desk drawer tool for picture hanging, minor tasks, maybe even in a first aid kit? Just my opinion but for the money you would pay out i'd look for something bigger and more blades/drivers such as a Rebar or a Wingman/Sidekick type of thing. depends on what your edc needs are.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Leaps pliers are the same as on the REV, but the knife blade is kinda short but perfect for draw cutting tasks. The scissors work decent and are better than a Juice but worse than a Victorinox. Drivers are adequate and are similar to Wingman and Squirt types. Bigger than a Juice but the handles wont stand up to extreme gripping and twisting due to the plastic parts. Leap is best for art/crafts, kid stuff which is what it was made for. Saw is way to short except for smaller diameter finger thick types of material. Definitely office friendly though, good desk drawer tool for picture hanging, minor tasks, maybe even in a first aid kit? Just my opinion but for the money you would pay out i'd look for something bigger and more blades/drivers such as a Rebar or a Wingman/Sidekick type of thing. depends on what your edc needs are.
While the LEAP may not measure up to one of the full-size or larger tools, my initial impressions back when they were released were that it's a really nice little tool.
As for keychain carry, it is a little heavy but still do-able. Maybe it's the basic concept of the Leap that makes it so appealing to me. It packs more goodies than a Mini while at a comparable size.

SAW

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law

they are weaker. My Skeletool and CX Skeletool have done  tasks that bent the Juice Pro and broke my C4 plier head

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%