Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26149 · 1383556

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #26130 on: December 11, 2023, 10:58:49 PM
OMG, I have been a faithful Sharpmaker user for over a decade with some bench stone use here and there. Got the KME today and took my Leatherman K2 which was not full but needed a touch up. Took the 600 grit diamond and then went to 1500, wow! I've never had a knife this sharp outside of factory, super impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26131 on: December 12, 2023, 12:10:04 AM
OMG, I have been a faithful Sharpmaker user for over a decade with some bench stone use here and there. Got the KME today and took my Leatherman K2 which was not full but needed a touch up. Took the 600 grit diamond and then went to 1500, wow! I've never had a knife this sharp outside of factory, super impressed so far.

That's good to know.  :tu:  Glad it's working for you. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #26132 on: December 20, 2023, 03:54:41 PM
Going to try out a new pattern of knife; an Ettrick.  Arthur Wright with ebony covers.

https://heinnie.com/arthur-wright-ettrick-ebony/

I really, I mean I really like that Gareth.

Resembles my Rough Ryder Work knife.  Price is attractive as well.  Luv the covers, the blade, the entire package.

Look forward to you sharing first impressions!😉
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

de Offline matzesu

Reply #26133 on: March 31, 2024, 10:59:46 PM
As my Blue Scale Cybertool L looks nice, but it’s a bit too heavy for everyday pocket carry as I also need an second knive, I did think today about an smaller SAK which should be one knive for all..
What do i need my SAK mostly? Knife, Scissors, and bottle opener, so I was looking today for an four layer..

First I had an Farmer X Alox in my Shoping Cart, but then I was not happy whit its silver color, then I did order a few Huntsman Variants (Blue Transparent and Wood) but I also was not happy..

So as Victorinox will discontinue the Wenger Line I thought it might be cool to get an Victorinox Branded EvoGrip S17 as it’s should be small enough..
So it’s now on the way, and should arrive on Thursday.. (the day between Monday and Wednesday)

The Cybertool will remain in my backpack but I don’t need an bit driver that often..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #26134 on: March 31, 2024, 11:32:46 PM
I have an A Wright lambs foot on the way. Was hoping it would arrive yesterday so won’t be here till Tuesday now. But my road is being resurfaced Tuesday and Wednesday so the post could use that as reason to not deliver till Thursday
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26135 on: April 01, 2024, 01:14:03 AM
My Hapstone RS came in, got a couple Kizers coming and a prototype knife I'm helping test.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #26136 on: April 02, 2024, 08:41:47 PM
As this Victorinox EvoGrip S17 is the right Layer Size but unfortunately they all have the issue that you can’t fold out some of the Tools easely so it’s not useful for me I did decide to put it directly from Amazon Paket to my collection..
As my new SAK I did order an Huntsman whit these Silver Transparent Scales, at it was 10 € less ..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #26137 on: April 02, 2024, 11:28:24 PM
 :worthless:

You should know by now, no pictures, it did not happen!

A HUNTSMAN with Tech scales 🙄
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26138 on: April 03, 2024, 12:23:19 AM
Got a Medford ASK coming

de Offline matzesu

Reply #26139 on: April 03, 2024, 06:09:16 AM
Did a mistake : they where not tech scales, but these silver transparent abs..
But allready changed it to black as these should arrive on Thursday and its reminds me on my old on I had as a child but did not find..

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #26140 on: April 03, 2024, 09:58:08 PM
Got a Medford ASK coming

Curious to see what you think about it.  :popcorn:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26141 on: April 04, 2024, 12:09:35 AM
To be a modern SAK I think it has a lot of potential. Yes that price is higher than we're used to, but I think materials etc make it justifiable. We'll soon find out

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #26142 on: April 04, 2024, 08:17:05 AM
Not actually on the way as they just arrived today...

2 NOS replacement Victorinox SOS Kit pencils.
And 1 is resting comfortably on top of my old SwissCard in the display case

I know it doesn't seem like much; but I haven't really added to my collection in a long while and the displays have been in storage for almost 2 yrs

* 20240404_011244.jpg (Filesize: 159.7 KB)
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #26143 on: April 04, 2024, 07:38:07 PM
I've got a couple more of the Chinese Higonokami clones on the way now.  This time with the black handles.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26144 on: April 09, 2024, 12:05:03 PM
@pa_strunk  Ok first impressions: I got the Jefferson, and it's similar to a Vic Cadet. I like the tool, feels good quality and overbuilt to make it tough. The bottle opener doubles as a flat driver, and though not advertised it works on phillips as well. I'm impressed, I'll do a full review when I put it through is paces. I looked at how much it would be to add another layer to it.
$197 ouch, could but another high the SAK just adding another liner, spring, two tools, and longer pins. Guess it's the Name and made in the USA plus materials are S35/45, titanium, etc.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #26145 on: April 10, 2024, 03:45:42 AM
@pa_strunk  Ok first impressions: I got the Jefferson, and it's similar to a Vic Cadet. I like the tool, feels good quality and overbuilt to make it tough. The bottle opener doubles as a flat driver, and though not advertised it works on phillips as well. I'm impressed, I'll do a full review when I put it through is paces. I looked at how much it would be to add another layer to it.
$197 ouch, could but another high the SAK just adding another liner, spring, two tools, and longer pins. Guess it's the Name and made in the USA plus materials are S35/45, titanium, etc.

I hear you on the price. Keep an eye on eBay. People let them go all the time well below retail. I put some carbon fiber scales and pocket clip on my modded version. Anxious to see how it performs for you.

* IMG_0033.jpg (Filesize: 220.22 KB)

* IMG_0034.jpg (Filesize: 184.18 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26146 on: April 11, 2024, 07:52:30 PM
Magnacut, that would be sweet. I love the carbon fiber, maybe I'll check the bay and see what's available. Are those Vic scissors? Only thing I don't like, and it's not a don't per say. The blade doesn't have kick. It's resting on a pin and that blade comes awfully close to the frame when closed. I'm impressed with the quality.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #26147 on: April 12, 2024, 04:27:48 AM
Yeah, modded some old school style Victorinox scissors with brass washers on each side. Also left just enough room below the scissors to put some Victorinox tweezers, toothpick, and needle in a snug shrink wrap tube. Medford is suppose to come out with scissors eventually, but with the price I do not see that happening any time soon.

* IMG_0035.jpg (Filesize: 97.09 KB)

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #26148 on: April 12, 2024, 05:42:16 PM
Awesome mod, scissors are a must for any multitool in my opinion.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%