Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Top 3 SAKs

fr Offline guibur

• Guillaume
Re: Your Top 3 SAKs
Reply #150 on: March 14, 2021, 09:12:18 AM
1. Compact / TimeKeeper
2. Huntsman / Farmer X
3. Explorer
My first name : Guillaume + my name Bur***** = guibur

"Soyez grands par les faits, et simples en paroles."

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbyvNcXV7KGEfQVgnCcY4Yg

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #151 on: March 14, 2021, 03:27:22 PM
Updated List:

10 - Pioneer/Soldier
8 - Spirit
8 - Swiss Champ
8 - Compact
7 - Huntsman
7 - Rambler
6 - Manager
6 - Farmer X
5 - Climber
5 - CyberTool 34
5 - Executive
4 - Ranger
4 - Spartan
4 - Classic
3 - Climber Small
3 - Midnite Manager
3 - Outrider
3 - Tinker
3 - Trekker
3 - Cadet
3 - Farmer
2 - Champion
2 - Handyman
2 - Master Craftsman
2 - MiniChamp
2 - Pioneer X
2 - Super Tinker
2 - Swiss Champ XLT
2 - Voyager
1 - CyberTool 41
1 - Explorer
1 - Huntsman Small
1 - Master Craftsman Small
1 - Midnite MiniChamp
1 - Pocket Tool Chest
1 - Ranger Grip 179
1 - Ranger Grip 71
1 - Ranger Grip 79
1 - Scientist
1 - Spartan Serrated
1 - Sportsman
1 - Standard
1 - SwissTool
1 - Tinker Small
1 - Trail Guide
1 - Vagabond
1 - Waiter
1 - Wenger Swiss Sportsman
1 - Work Champ XL
1 - Yeoman
1 - EvoGrip S(17/18?)
1 - Forester
1 - Hiker
1 - Recruit
1 - Craftsman
1 - Fieldmaster
1 - Rucksack

I'm always of mixed feelings when it comes to the Compact getting so much attention, even though it's one of my primary carries.  Being that it hasn't got the same screwdriver capabilities as a Climber, I feel like its almost nihilistic to say that it's one of the best.  I say to myself.... Self! I say... Self!  Do I really need 2 or 3 screwdrivers on a SAK.

Suddenly I'm wondering about BClogic ...   Whenever I find myself talking out loud to myself he usually talks back to me. 

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #152 on: March 14, 2021, 09:12:51 PM
I'm always of mixed feelings when it comes to the Compact getting so much attention, even though it's one of my primary carries.  Being that it hasn't got the same screwdriver capabilities as a Climber, I feel like its almost nihilistic to say that it's one of the best.  I say to myself.... Self! I say... Self!  Do I really need 2 or 3 screwdrivers on a SAK.

Suddenly I'm wondering about BClogic ...   Whenever I find myself talking out loud to myself he usually talks back to me.

Well I need as many as possible.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #153 on: March 14, 2021, 10:02:54 PM
Well I need as many as possible.

Yep.... my answer is usually yes... So I choose something besides a Compact usually..

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #154 on: March 14, 2021, 11:05:49 PM
I carry a Classic on my keys that covers my scissor needs. Spartan blades and openers cover the rest. I do like my 92mm Golfer for barbecue duty. These three cover most my needs. My other 50 SAKs are for just in case. :D

1 Classic
2 Spartan
3 91mm Golfer
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: March 14, 2021, 11:27:20 PM
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #156 on: March 15, 2021, 04:27:35 AM
Well, then you need this one:

https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Giant+Knife

;)

Next time I find one severely undervalued at a pawn shop or auction, I will take you up on that.  :D
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

Offline SwissMix2020

Reply #157 on: April 13, 2021, 12:43:57 PM
1. Climber
2. Huntsman
3. Trekker

Offline Icepick

Reply #158 on: April 22, 2021, 07:19:03 PM
That is interesting. I wonder why they didn’t just call it the BSA Fieldmaster?

I am not a big fan of the corkscrew for most day to day activities as I am a construction worker and not a big wine drinker. I am more likely to come across a Philips that needs tightening or loosening. I use the 2D Philips to do most of the work and the back side 3D to break free or give a final tighten to the screw.

My good friend and hunting mentor carries a Huntsman and recently I have been thinking of picking one up and adding the Fireant kit to the corkscrew or mixing and matching the Fireant and Firefly. Firefly in the toothpick slot, tinder from the Fireant and the microdriver in the corkscrew. I do use the toothpick though. Both in the conventional manner, to pick my teeth, and also to get to a few hidden features. Under my saw I have tucked a sewing needle wrapped in thread and a couple of chunks of the firestarter strand of firecord that result from cutoffs. Waste not want not. I suppose I could use the tweezers to access those items and as long as I have a blade and a chunk of wood I can make a toothpick.

Hi Tinner.  Great minds think alike.  Another trick that works for me is to hide things under the hook.  I use the hook to store a sewing needle wrapped with 12 feet of thread.  It still closes nearly flush with the back of the knife.  I also store a piece of twine under the saw for dry tinder.

Offline Icepick

Reply #159 on: April 22, 2021, 07:30:17 PM
1. Pioneer X --> My current EDC
2. Compact
3. Outrider

I've been waffling back and forth between the compact and Pioneer X for an EDC for the past few months. I find that I keep coming back to the Pioneer X.  The beefier blade, the beefier flat head screwdriver/pry bar, the awl, the solid construction.  Also the fact that it's based on the pattern that was issued to the Swiss military for decades. 

I feel the Compact comes up lacking in regard to the tool set.  It also feels flimsy in comparison to the alox model.  I have a pocket sheath that I carry the pioneer x in where I stashed a small pair of tweezers from a Leatherman along with a safety pin so I don't miss the bits & pieces from the Compact.

The Outrider is a great hiking knife, but I don't use it every day.  I like to use it when out due to the longer, locking blade and the longer saw.  I also use the space under the small screwdriver to store a needle wrapped with thread.  I store some twine under the saw blade for emergency tinder.

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #160 on: April 24, 2021, 08:53:15 PM
Time has passed, and my list needs revising.
1) Farmer X / Huntsman
2) Pioneer X / Climber
3) Rambler.

Honourable mentions for the Executive and the Classic.

When the Bladeless Challenge is over, I'll be able to carry them regularly again!

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #161 on: April 24, 2021, 11:48:23 PM
1) Modded Explorer (no main blade, no corkscrew) --- my urban EDC, especially when I go outside into town
2) Pioneer-X (birthday gift from my wife) --- mostly carried at home, in addition to the modded Explorer
3) Classic I have had for over 30 years or the Spartan I built at the local SAK store --- but could be trumped by an alox minichamp if I ever get one....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%